Worst typo in postal history - read for a laugh!

Something like this happened to me last year. My partner and I ordered a LOT of toys while my mom was visiting so we'd have them in time for our anniversary for sure. So while I was at dinner with my mom and partner at a nice restaurant, I got a phone call that my package had been delivered to my neighbour at 42.

My house is across from 42 so I thought nothing of it and rang the doorbell and got no answer. I did that each day that week, while my mom was over. I told my mom that my partner had ordered something secret for my anniversary that I wasn't to open so any package that came I said I'd have to ask him whether it was his or one of mine. All the packages were sexy toys so logically I didn't want to open them in front of my mom.

After most of a week had passed, I was frustrated that nobody was answering the door across the street so I coud get my package so I doubled checked the tracking history. Turns out that when I ordered it, I got it sent to my friends' house so my mom wouldn't question such a large box and it got mailed to THEIR neighbour at 42. I felt like such an idiot.

GlamRockChick wrote:

mymonkey wrote:

Our postie always looks frightfully embarassed when he delivers a box from Lovehoney so I guess he's a shy customer of theirs too. Either that or the leather whip I answer the door holding just terrifies him ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

Ours always gives me a wink and a smile so I reckon he's a customer too! And I just remembered that since we had a massive toy sort out our recycling today was full of dildo boxes and other interesting stuff *makes mental note to leave the next lot in the vicars recycling bin at the other end of the village* so I'll have to avoid the recycling guys for a bit!

You can always shred your toy boxes into small bits if you don't fancy people seeing them. My dad is absolutely obsessed with recycling (to the point of being overenthusiastic sometimes, he immediately recycles boxes other people want to reuse) and even though I am not that fussed about him coming across, say, boxes Lelo lubes or cleaners come in, I really did not want him to see the box that had housed a pink 8 inch dildo - it had a photo of this very item on front cover, and the words "actual size". So I took my scissors and shredded it into tiny bits, lol.

And, BTW, I am not sure about the bit with the vicar's recycling bin; I suppose there are very different vicars around (in addition to some other stuff, I actually study Theology; some students, uni lecturers and pastors are really prudish, but the majority of people (and, by the way, believe me or not, middle aged folks tend to be far more open minded than young ones), and I am talking about Czechs, Germans and British/Canadians I know, are actually quite open about sex-related issues. I will never forget one lecture on ethics where the lecturer criticised the mediaeval opinions on sexual relationships (the one filled with hellfire), and the rather dreadful idea that women were meant to suffer (and definitely not to enjoy anything) during sex as a punishment for the original sin - he said he found this approach absolutely dreadful and very far from anything he, a Christian, finds appropriate and good. And he also said that he has always made sure his wife would be satisfied during sex - seeing the lecturer (a pastor, by the way) is a balding, bespectacled, slightly forgetful 60 year old with a long flowing beard, most of the students (usually aged about twenty) went totally pale, being unwilling to believe a man like this even remembers what sex is, lol. It was totally hilarious. You never know with vicars/pastors.![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

I was not in for one of my parcels and when it got delivered to my neighbour I was worried he would like shake it or something and it would set the vibrator off or something. Haha

A different time, I was ordering from someone for the third time. The first time I got one thing and had it sent to a different friend's house who lived almost 5km away because of my mom's visit also. The second time I ordered, I had to remind the sender that my address was changed and that went smoothly.

The third time, although I did remind the sender, he forgot to change it on the box so I got a call from my friend during a presentation at uni. This friend had changed her ringtone on my phone to be her moaning loudly and sexually. I hung up each time but she called back 4 times during my presentation.

Turns out that FedEx was at her house with the box asking her to pay the import tax in cash with exact change. I don't know about you but not many people I know keep cash on them. So I had to leave during class and bike to her house and wait for the FedEx person to come back.

Apparently it was also her dad's birthday that week so he was coming to visit that day and he got there before my package arrived. Nothing really weird happened as far as her dad goes but it was just a bit weird because parental avoidance was kind of the reason that it went to her house in the first place.

Once it came I had to bike it home. It weighed 20kg and it was raining, 5km and October. It was not a pleasant experience. Like that is the worst that anything postal has messed up for me. The sender felt really bad and apologized a lot (and threw in a couple extra gifties in my next order to make up for it)

A different time, I was ordering from someone for the third time. The first time I got one thing and had it sent to a different friend's house who lived almost 5km away because of my mom's visit also. The second time I ordered, I had to remind the sender that my address was changed and that went smoothly.

The third time, although I did remind the sender, he forgot to change it on the box so I got a call from my friend during a presentation at uni. This friend had changed her ringtone on my phone to be her moaning loudly and sexually. I hung up each time but she called back 4 times during my presentation.

Turns out that FedEx was at her house with the box asking her to pay the import tax in cash with exact change. I don't know about you but not many people I know keep cash on them. So I had to leave during class and bike to her house and wait for the FedEx person to come back.

Apparently it was also her dad's birthday that week so he was coming to visit that day and he got there before my package arrived. Nothing really weird happened as far as her dad goes but it was just a bit weird because parental avoidance was kind of the reason that it went to her house in the first place.

Once it came I had to bike it home. It weighed 20kg and it was raining, 5km and October. It was not a pleasant experience. Like that is the worst that anything postal has messed up for me. The sender felt really bad and apologized a lot (and threw in a couple extra gifties in my next order to make up for it)