wrist restraints

Just wondered what your fave sort of wrist restraints are? Im considering purchasing some this weekend and wondered what you all prefer....cuffs, rope, silky ties etc?

I quite like the idea of having my wrists secured together and then above my head and have been looking at the sort of restraints that would do that.

hmm any i think! like the idea to! then have someone take advantage of me!

Not having a headboard does limit us sometimes when it come to cuffs etc (unless we're not in the bedroom of course) but we bought this

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16482

Its one our favourites now and the straps can be pulled to the top of the bed so your hands are above your head.

they look good, lots of fun. i love being tied up.

For me, 100% rope. :D

One 10M rope from LH costs about £8 to £12. So thats the first plus, its cheaper than fancy pants cuffs.

Then you add into consideration how versatile it is. My partner and I (plus a little imagination) have used rope to create an under the bed restraint, spreader bars, body harnesses, hog ties and standard wrist/ankle ties. The only limit is the imagination. (Slight exaggeration but, you get the point :D) Then you can unravel it and make something completely new the next time.

I recommend googling videos or even books (which lovehoney sell) on using rope. The Two Knotty Boys are pretty famous for their guides and try typing in "BDSM rope" or similar on Youtube and you will find many guides showing you how to create simple but effective wrist ties, knots to use that wont tighten up if pulled on, to full on artistic body rope work.

Have you seen the ones that fit over a door frame, ie you are tied to the door. Never seen that, thought they were sexy.

I've found that just getting some fabric belts from dresses or bathrobes can be very effective and spontaneous and once you get the hang of how to do the 'Mexican Hadcuff' knot (which I highly reckomend learning) you can turn pretty much anything into handcuffs (y)

But of course that isn't awfully elgant, so if you want to invest in some I'd reckomend these:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16122

Lou22 wrote:

Not having a headboard does limit us sometimes when it come to cuffs etc (unless we're not in the bedroom of course) but we bought this

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16482

Its one our favourites now and the straps can be pulled to the top of the bed so your hands are above your head.

I've got some similar to these but I love mine even better as they have metal clips so you can take them off and move about into different positions and just use as normal handcuffs if you wanted!
I have no headboard either! I don't know if it's considered trampy??? lol! Ah well! Xx

I've found a scarf in my wardrobe.....gonna get him to tie my wrists with that I think!

Good Idea to star with something like that to try it out, like i said, I'd reckomend learning to tie it in a knot as this is safer.

http://jackelfrink.com/tutorials/mexican-handcuff

The door jam restraints made a nice change from being tied to the bed... they work well too :)

the under bed restraints are great. tried them on cc and she said they were brill. she couldnt move very far but said the orgasm of being restrained was v good

Horny Glass Lover wrote:

The door jam restraints made a nice change from being tied to the bed... they work well too :)

Not recommended if you live in a shared house..... :D

Handcuffs, leather wrist cuffs or leather belts!

I have Velcro fluffy handcuffs, silk ties, metal handcuffs. Personally I prefer handcuffs as they aren't as slippy as the silk ties, rope is also good for this but tend to use more on legs.

At the moment my preference is the metal handcuffs as they are a but harsher, no give in them.

If you don't have somewhere to fasten the handcuffs I would strongly recommend an under the bed restraint, this is where our fluffy handcuffs come from and they are great

Soft bendy fishing rod ties are a good choice they are easy to undo and don't hurt the wrists of the person wearing hm .you can get hem on eBay for about £7 or so.

We've got the FSOG under bed restraints and they work well enough.

Going to get some rope, but we have limited anchor points on our bed, so who knows if that'll work.

I am considering the door restraints, but am a bit iffy on wether the doors will take it :)

Leather or suede quality cuffs used with straps or tie downs.

Cotton or hemp bondage rope.

Ties are just for messing around for me and I don't really use them. Can't stand cheap crappy cuffs and hand cuffs.

A decent set of leather or fabric cuffs will be the easiest to use, and stand up to a bit of tugging. Beware the velcro ones if you're worried about noise - Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiippppppppppp! - but they are simple and quick to remove.

Rope is very effective, but a little more practice and preparation is needed to use it safely. There are good guides online, so get researching!

Other ties, such as scarves and . . .um . . . ties - these can be sexy and sensual, but need just as much care in use as rope. Because of the type of material, the knots can jam up more easily, so it is vital to tie sensibly and always remember to have safety shears laid out just in case. You were doing that anyway for the rope, right? ;)

Satin D-ring restraints - although these seemed like a sensual option, the D-ring fastening is NOT suitable for any kind of straight-line tension (tying between limbs as in a hogtie, or tying to an anchor point). That'll just make them cinch up tight like a noose, and then they don't release because of the rings . . . .:/ I might use them to BIND limbs though (wrists together, or wrist and ankle together, etc) because you can control the tension as you apply them, but the temptation to make use of those long trailing ends is just too annoying.

the velcro cuffs feel lovely and the straps can be tied to anything. If yiu tie a knot in them, they will also go over a door.

i have rope but that takes a bit more skill to use