Yay i can upgrade my phone.

My upgrade date is finally here now to decide what phone to get next. What do you all recommend? Looking at the Samsung S5 as its water proof but interested in your opinion. Got a Vodafone contract and going in store Saturday.

I'm not an Android fan, although if I had to pick one I would choose a Nexus over a Samsung or HTC. Seen too many problems with the OS and I'm not really a fan of the interface.

I was always a lover of iPhones and still like them.I love my ipad and I use my old iPhones as an iPod for my car etc however I was very happy when the Nokia Lumias came out and really loved the phones but stuck with my iPhone 5 until the Lumia 1020 came out as that was the one I really wanted. The windows OS on the Lumia is really easy to navigate and I like how it looks.

the camera on my 1020 is phenomenal, but even the other newer ones with slightly lower megapixels produce high quality images. They're fast, with very high specs and Vodafone usually have them on better deals than Samsungs and iPhones. I would definitely recommend having a play with the Lumias :)

I have the s5, I love it but I much prefer android (plus I've pretty much always had samsungs, apart from the one iPhone I had which I hated with a passion!)

I'll second the Nexus idea, I've had the 4 since it came out and I'm still very happy with it! Can't beat the clean interface with no added random apps for me. ![](upload://nXzNBAACFMemirV1148YTO7ENey.gif)

Windy - That post has nothing to do with this thread and I do believe breaks one of the forum rules.

Also had a Nexus 4 for almost 2 years and love it, so I'd go for a Nexus 6 now. My Nexus 4 had also just been updated to the latest Lollipop version, and it'll take Samsung et all another few months before they get it due to the bloatware they have to add, so if you like Android it's got to be a Nexus.

I got a Oneplus One (OPO) and love it.

Read more at https://oneplus.net/

It is the only phone available with Cyanogen OS (a version of android) has better speccs than the Samsung galaxy S5 and cost half the price. Only catch is you need someone at the forum to give you a invite in order to order one. It's a small company and can not have it out for everyone. But if you care to ask nicely there I think they will give you a invite quite easely.

Just my 2 cents

Iv currently got a Nokia Lumia Windows Phone and it's the most annoying thing ever it keeps dropping WiFi and refusing to reconnect unless I restart it. I keep getting a sim error message despite new Sims and a repair.i do love the simple os and the camera is great but not happy with the build quality.
Being a farmer and outdoors man the S5 waterproof feature interests me and the ability to get an otterbox case to protect it from bumps and knocks is good to.
I will take a look at the nexus phones though if I can get a tough case for it.

I am probably the only Blackberry user on here! I got it over an iphone almost two years ago (so due upgrade soon) as it was the new style blackberry and promised to deliver the same experience as iphones and samsungs.

Well it did do that eventally, after many software updates, but where it was lacking was availability of apps.

What also bugged me enormously was the way it did NOT sync properly with my laptop to sync contacts and calendar dates (I have a mac computer).

Now I will only go for an iphone as the ability to sync information between phone and comp is important to me - so having two apple products gives a problem free sync.

I have looked at the Sony Experia range recently as I am impressed with their waterproof qualities to a point where you can take photos underwater.

However I have fallen into the 'Apple trap' now hving invested so much money in an apple laptop to make the most of it for communication the best route for me is more apple products.

The other thing that I ook for is the volume buttons on the side of the phone. With my current phone (black berry z10) when the phone is in my pocket, somtime the volume key on the side is pressed accidentally and puts the phone in silent so I miss calls!

I have a Sony Xperia Z1 and I have to say I'm really impressed with it. The camera features are amazing, it's pretty much like having a sony cybershot camera in your phone.

Also the waterproof feature is ace - worth it just for the moment when you stick your phone under a running tap or under the shower head just to freak your friends out hehehe.

I have dropped it a couple times though I do have a case on it and it's not bothered it at all.

If anyone asked me I'd definitely recommend either the Z2 or Z3 depening on budget/price plan.

I'd also highly recommend looking at mobilephonesdirect.co.uk to upgrade as I found they offered the best prices of all retailers when I got mine. I've used them a few times for myself and for friends and family and they've always beaten the shops for both upgrades and new contracts.

Also don't bother with insurance from the shops either look on the net for much better coverage and deals if your home insurance doesn't cover what you need.

I was using an Iphone for years but for the last 12 month I've been using a Nexus 5 and haven't had any problems with it. Plus it has just had an OS update which has been quite cool so far.

I'd definitely get an s5, although I'm looking at the s5 mini due to the size of the full. My OH got one about 6 months ago and its a great phone and can take some amazing photos

I hav an iPhone 6, and it does the job for me :)

I was looking at the Sony but otterbox don't do cases for them iv had an otter box on a blackberry before was the best bit of the phone lol. A few friends recommended Samsung one of them took some amazing photos on her note 2 at our wedding. Gonna have a play with all the phones available on Saturday in the shop.

The Nexus has a few sturdy cases on the market, not sure if they do Otterbox though, you also would need to go elsewhere to get it.

as for your Lumia doing that, what Lumia have you got? Have you had it looked at?

obviously there's a big difference between the lower tier Lumias to the higher tier top spec ones, but reliability wise there's a lot less Lumias that have problems. My 1020 is brilliant at the stables as the ultra sensitive touchscreen means I can use it with my gloves on, and with cold hands. I'd often find my iPhone wouldn't recognise my fingers when they were freezing cold. It has withstood a lot and is a well made, reliable handset. I do just think you've been unlucky with your Lumia as out of all the phones I have to say it's the one make I used to least expect to come back with problems.