YES Lubricant

We've been using Yes water based lubricant for some time now and it has been exceptionally good. However the latest bottle we bought from Lovehoney seems almost like water. I wonder if the makers have changed the formula. Is anyone else using it and have you noticed a change or have we got ourselves a duff bottle?

I've never used it but if you don't get no answers I'd contacted costumer care and ask them. :)

We had exactly the same with an anal lube, we contacted customer care who told us to send it back, but would have cost us more to send back from France than it was worth , it's worth contacting them if your in the uk.

I reviewed for them recently, and I also experienced a watery water based lubricant, which I wrote up in my review. They contacted me to say that very recently there had been a batch made that was over-mixed during the process of making it, and although that caused no problem at the time, they had a few customers contact them about it and they looked into it and found the gum was breaking down too fast due to over mixing. They told me that they were tracking down and removing the "bad" batch and that from looking at my review and pictures, the lube is supposed to be thicker and gel like, not so runny. Anyway, that's all I know about it. I would maybe send it back and ask if this is the usual consistency and if not can you be sent one that is. I know that they are happy to help people and they said to me that they sent out replacements.

Fluffbags: Is it the manufacturers of YES that you contacted or Lovehoney? I know Lovehoney are usually pretty good with this kind of thing but what you are saying sounds like more information than they would have :)

It was the manufacturers. The company themselves, but I know that if you bought the lube from Lovehoney, and speak to customer care, they will sort it out for you, as would, it seems, from my email communication anyway, Yes themselves. xx

Its a strange one. I am inclined to believe that this was a bad batch, unless they have changed forumla, because, after reading other reviews of Yes Water based, they seem to mostly describe it as a thick gel. Mine was very runny, I would love to have tried it as a thicker lube, but the replacement they sent me was also runny lol. Shit happens I guess. I do love their oil based lube.

Oh that sounds disappointing if the replacement was also runny. I can say that previous bottles we've used have not been runny, it was slightly more gel like, and the runny stuff just isn't as good. I've emailed YES themselves to ask about the problem.

We've never tried their oil based lube. I should look into that perhaps. My wife is post menopausal and YES is the only thing that seemed to make sex reasonably comfortable for her. She no longer gets real pleasue from intercourse which saddens me. She is resigned to it though and still enjoys the intimacy between us and the pleasure it gives me. I consider myself lucky that she wants to continue doing it.

We were using Astroglide which seemed good for a while but after a while we were finding that it dried out too quickly and because of the parabens issue we tried YES which has been pretty good (up to now).

The oil based is longer lasting than the water based Yes lube. So it might be the next best thing, but here is a trick I heard of from yes:

Use oil based first, as a base layer, then use the water based on top of that and reapply the water based, if and when needed. This is supposed to be the best way of using the two lubes for comfort esp after menopause etc.

Having the oil based from yes will also allow you to use it with other water basd lubes on top and having that longer lasting layer underneath is supposed to really help.

Just a tip. I havent tried it myself yet, but I hear good things about trying that method out.

Just, avoid most oil based lubes for the vagina. I believe yes have done tons of research and chosen natural products and do not use mineral oil (Which forms a blanket layer suffocating skin, not good for vaginal use) I cannot say for absolute sure (I am no chemical expert) but I believe Yes oil based to be safe for vaginal use, after reading through their site and others when I was researching them for my reviews. So in general - avoid oil for the vagina, but Yes oil, I believe is designed specifically safely for vaginas.

I said vaginas a lot!

PS: just because I received a runny replacement, doesn't mean you will. Mine was sent very quickly after the first batch, and they admitted it was hard to tell which was which. They may have solved the issue now though and you could get a nice thick one as a replacement.

Hey, if you do not have any luck with it though, I recommend Yes oil based (As a first layer) and sliquid sassy as a top layer. xx Both very safe, clean lubricants and Sassy is great, thick, gel like and longer lasting than a lot of other water based, but it isnt a miracle and does dry up so yeh, I recommend trying this "double teaming" of both types of lube! :D

Thanks Fluffbags, that's very helpful. :)

Mine is very runny and watery.

Quick update:

YES themselves have agreed to replace the bottle of watery YES. They also sent some interesting information. Impressed with their customer service so far :)

We have been using YES for years now, the oil-based when together and the water-based when we swing. The oil-based apparently degrades condoms. They even used one of our quotes on their website recommendations and sent us a couple of small freebies in thanks.

Not noticed any change in the water-based, our latest purchase was Madagascan vanilla oil-based which is lovely and sticky, and feels great for both of us.

Suggest you contact YES if you are unhappy, they are very customer-friendly.

Yup, all oil based should be avoided with condoms, diaphrams, latex clothing and latex toys. It can degrade latex. (Leaves tiny little holes which weakens the material)

I LOVE their vanilla. It was my favourite. nomnomnom.

I've just bought this for the first time and i was wondering about the consistency of the water based one.

Its not too runny but its more like jelly than gel (if that makes sense) in that it seems a bit sort of lumpy rather than coming out smooth. We got one of the little starter packs with both of them in and it wasn't that pleasant when using the applicators with it being like that .

Really enjoyed the oil based one though.

Our lates one was certainly watery and nothing like your description of jelly Lou22. Previous bottles have been a bit more like that. We've just received a replacement from YES themselves so we'll see what that is like.

In case anyone is wondering, the replacement bottle of YES water based lubricant from YES themselves is a great improvement and not that runny at all. It worked a treat! :)