10 Questions for Lovehoney Staff...

If any Lovehoney staff fancy taking part, here is a fun quiz for you!

1) How long have you worked for Lovehoney?

2) How did it feel being interviewed for a job where the main aim is to help people have orgasms?

3) If sex toys didn't exist what line of work would you be in?

4) If you could live absolutely anywhere in the world where would you choose?

5) If you won £1million what would be the first three things you'd spend it on or invest it in?

6) What's the most adventurous thing you've ever done? (Not sexually!)

7) What do you do on your days off?

8) If you were an animal what would you be and why?

9) If you were given the job of conjuring up a new slogan for Lovehoney, what would it be?

10) If you had to be stuck in a lift for an hour with one other member of the Lovehoney team, who would you choose?

4 Likes

1) How long have you worked for Lovehoney? Since April 2013

2) How did it feel being interviewed for a job where the main aim is to help people have orgasms? I was nervous as I didn't know what to expect, but I really shouldn't have worried at all - it was just like any other job interview - still professional with the occasional giggle and laugh.

3) If sex toys didn't exist what line of work would you be in? I would be a Receptionist or Administrator somewhere I would imagine.... 

4) If you could live absolutely anywhere in the world where would you choose? Maimi, Florida

5) If you won £1million what would be the first three things you'd spend it on or invest it in? A new house, A deisgner shopping spree & some lovely exotic holidays.

6) What's the most adventurous thing you've ever done? (Not sexually!) African Safari being chased by wild elephants in a truck, was pretty adventurous!

7) What do you do on your days off? Eat & Sleep... Sometimes go shopping or visit my local beauty salon.

8) If you were an animal what would you be and why? A Unicorn, if not then a Giraffe. No explanation needed.

9) If you were given the job of conjuring up a new slogan for Lovehoney, what would it be? - Pass. I may have to come back to this one.

10) If you had to be stuck in a lift for an hour with one other member of the Lovehoney team, who would you choose? Jess, us Aquarian mermaids could waffle on about utter rubbish together for hours! 

2 Likes

Kinky J. wrote:

If any Lovehoney staff fancy taking part, here is a fun quiz for you!

2) How did it feel being interviewed for a job where the main aim is to help people have orgasms?

5) If you won £1million what would be the first three things you'd spend it on or invest it in?

9) If you were given the job of conjuring up a new slogan for Lovehoney, what would it be?

10) If you had to be stuck in a lift for an hour with one other member of the Lovehoney team, who would you choose?

1) 4 years and 11 months (my 5 year anniversary is coming up soon!)

2) Things were quite different 5 years ago (pre-FSOG and in the middle of the credit crunch) and I did consider carefully how working at Lovehoney would look on my CV - but it was the right choice, an exciting, ambitious, growing company in a fun and resilient sector. 

3) I was previously a teacher and then an editor. I'd probably still be working in an editorial or marketing role.

4) I'm from Devon and I still haven't found anywhere better. So, Devon.

5) A house in Devon (Devon, Devon, Devon...), a cookery qualification, something nice for my parents.

6) I lived on an isolated island in a leaf house in the South Pacific for a few months, without any electrcity or running water. 

7) Walking, running, crafting, cooking. Lots of homely and countryside stuff.

8) A cat. If you know me in any way, this needs no explanation.

9) Sex Boffins.

10) Choose?! Ummm, probably Paul from our NPD (New Product Development) team because he knows SO MUCH and it's always fascinating to know more about materials, motors, processes, regulations... see, we're Sex Boffins.

2 Likes

Oooh what fun!!

1) How long have you worked for Lovehoney? I've been here since November 2012. Started in Customer Care, and then moved to Content in April 2013 :) 

2) How did it feel being interviewed for a job where the main aim is to help people have orgasms?  I had pestered Lovehoney for about 2 years to give me a job, so by the time my interview finally come around, I was just excited to get the opportunity! I've never had a problem talking about sex, but found that the topic made the whole interview process much more laid back. 

3) If sex toys didn't exist what line of work would you be in? I would work with animals (animal rescue or Veterinarian) or I'd become an events organiser and promoter. 

4) If you could live absolutely anywhere in the world where would you choose? That is such a hard question as every time I go anywhere abroad I always think "OMG I WANT TO LIVE HERE", but I've always wanted to move back to where I grew up in Canada. I quite fancy doing a sabbatical somewhere nice and hot though ;)

5) If you won £1million what would be the first three things you'd spend it on or invest it in? I would invest and spend the interest. Though I would definitely spend a little to begin with, I'd buy a house somewhere hot, help my family, and get tattoooooed! 

6) What's the most adventurous thing you've ever done? (Not sexually!) Hmmm... I guess that depends on your definition of adventurous. Performing burlesque would be quite high up there for many, as would arranging (with Lovehoney Leanne) an entire promo event at Birmingham O2 Academy. 

7) What do you do on your days off? I'm usually found hanging out with friends, family or my cat. If the weather is nice I try to get outdoors as much as possible. If it's rainy, I'm probably hibernating under a duvet! 

8) If you were an animal what would you be and why? I think I most closely resemble a cat, because I really do love sleep way more than I should, and I love attention, but on my own terms :P Plus they live such a jammy life. 

9) If you were given the job of conjuring up a new slogan for Lovehoney, what would it be? "Lovehoney: No, we don't sell honey." or "Lovehoney: The Buzziest Bee's You'll Meet" 

10) If you had to be stuck in a lift for an hour with one other member of the Lovehoney team, who would you choose? Oh that is so so hard!! Do I have to choose just one?! Cazz and I could natter for hours and hours (as could any of the other 500000 Aquarians who work here!). There is also my good friend Leanne who works in Customer Care (we probably HAVE been stuck in an elevator together!). Michael in Customer Care is also a gem - always making me laugh! Not really one person :P But everyone here is just so freaking awesome! (We only employ the best of the best ;) ) 

4 Likes

Alice, I lived in a leaf house in the south Pacific too. It was amazing!

This is great, I'm loving these answers!! :)

ooooh!! :D 1) How long have you worked for Lovehoney? - Since March 2014

2) How did it feel being interviewed for a job where the main aim is to help people have orgasms? - Haha my interviews were basically 3 meetings in a coffee shop (free coffee each time!) though I thought it would be a funny experience if I got the job or not :-)

3) If sex toys didn't exist what line of work would you be in? - Probably the music industry which was surrounded around my degree.

4) If you could live absolutely anywhere in the world where would you choose? - I'm quite content in Australia since I've already moved countries, don't want to move to another! If I had to choose, i would choose back to the UK

5) If you won £1million what would be the first three things you'd spend it on or invest it in? - A house, a car and probably a beagle!

6) What's the most adventurous thing you've ever done? (Not sexually!) - Oh gosh I'm not sure... I'll be honest working at lovehoney is probably the most adventurous haha

7) What do you do on your days off? - sleep, refresh my emails every 10 minutes to see what I'm missing haha! i spent a lot of time with my partner and my mini poodle. We are big food fans so eat out quite often. My favourite place is Jamie's Italian!

8) If you were an animal what would you be and why? - definitely a cat. Sleep, getting pats and eating sounds like the best animal ever'

9) If you were given the job of conjuring up a new slogan for Lovehoney, what would it be? - 'Lovehoney, most of us don't love honey though'

10) If you had to be stuck in a lift for an hour with one other member of the Lovehoney team, who would you choose? - Haha I have to agree being in a lift with Michael would be the best. I can't pick though it's too hard!

3 Likes

Love this, great thread Kinky J!

What a great idea for a thread! I

1) How long have you worked for Lovehoney? 9 months

2) How did it feel being interviewed for a job where the main aim is to help people have orgasms? It didnt really phase me , after some previous jobs I have encoutered. Also I am quite open with sex talk and all that stuff. I felt like it was pretty much the same as my interview for Vodafone. Very professional with the word sex chucked in haha

3) If sex toys didn't exist what line of work would you be in? Managing a hairsalon

4) If you could live absolutely anywhere in the world where would you choose? oooh I wouldnt want to settle to one place I think , if i had the choice I would love to just make many places my 'home' starting with Amsterdam

5) If you won £1million what would be the first three things you'd spend it on or invest it in? Travelling , tattoos , get my mum a house

6) What's the most adventurous thing you've ever done? (Not sexually!) Probably nude modelling and burlesque , stage perfromance does take some guts . Also putting yourself out there like that is very nervy . Also planning that event with Jess was very big and advenetrious

7) What do you do on your days off? Spend time with step kids and other half, socilaising with friends, local events( conventions and gigs)

8) If you were an animal what would you be and why? A cat ! for sure they live the best lives , i just love cats !

9) If you were given the job of conjuring up a new slogan for Lovehoney, what would it be? Lovehoney... mmm Honey ! ( Homer Simpson stylie)

10) If you had to be stuck in a lift for an hour with one other member of the Lovehoney team, who would you choose? I couldnt pick one its too hard ! Lovehoney-Michael for sure as we have many pony things to discuss ! Jess as we have so much to generally discuss ... maybe a plastic of bottle of wine to share and we have been stuck in many places togtehr many times ! Lovehoney-Kelly just an absolute fountain of knowledge and just the best random chats !

2 Likes

Since October 2010

I was really excited and was interviewed firstly by Neal and Rich and then later on Matt in Customer Care. I was told I could have the job if I could make Matt a good cup of tea... I think I have finally nailed the good cup of tea almost 5 years later!

More importantly, it was made clear that working for Lovehoney is to make people happy, which sounded great to me!

I'd like to think it would be something as equally as exciting as Lovehoney, but is there anything better than working here?!

4) If you could live absolutely anywhere in the world where would you choose? Neker Island...

5) If you won £1 million what would be the first three things you'd spend it on or invest it in? Buy a house, a new car (Tesla P85D in white with black alloys #EcoPimp) and treat myself and some of the people closest to me on a really nice holiday.

I'm not sure if I've done anything adventurous, but getting in a car with me is rather hair raising - apparently. I also traveled the West Coast of America for 2 months too.

When my boyfriend isn't taking me out on day trips to Longleat to feed the Meerkats #WIN I'm probably eating, sleeping or messing about with my nails and seeing friends and family.

Probably a cute little puppy as I'm always excited and don't stop yapping!

Just the tip?!

Hmm this is tricky as Kate in Customer Care said I have to pick her because of our intimate Snapchat relationship but I know if I don't choose the boyfriend he may get upset!

1 Like

Such a cool thread.

Reading all the see, Michael in customer care needs to appear on the forums ☺

LittleSwitchBitch wrote:

Michael in customer care needs to appear on the forums ☺

Yep! He's a popular one - who would he chose to be stuck in the lift with?

Lorah13 wrote:

Love this, great thread Kinky J!

+1 Love it :D xx

Love this thread !!

The great staff at Lovehoney probably know so much about us from what we write on here - really interesting to have an insight into their lives too :) x

Really enjoying reading all these replies, thanks so much for taking part so enthusiastically, and looking forward to more! I thought just what Terri JJ said - the LH peeps know all about us, but it would be fun for us to find out about them too.

Wow, the cat seems to be top of the overall would-like-to-be list. You know what they say - dogs have owners and cats have servants ;-)

As for Michael...it sounds like this guy needs his own podcast!! I'd love to hear the things he says that entertain everyone so.

About 2 months (Hi!)

Oh. My. God. YES! This is AMAZING! Don't STOP! Or rather, a little bit odd ;)

An editorial role for a company in a way less interesting line of business.

Hmm, now like Alice I am from God's own county (Devon) but I'd probably have to take a hop over the River Tamar to Cornwall because the beaches are better. CONTROVERSIAL!

A Sainsbury's Taste The Difference pizza (Ham, Chesnut Mushroom and Mascarpone), a case of some ludicrously expensive champers, and houses for the family.

I once batted number 7 for Chippenham Cricket Club 4th XI .

In summer: take the children out to the park or somewhere outdoors; watch cricket; watch sci fi films; eat pizza. In winter: wish it was summer so we can take the children out to the park or somewhere outdoors; watch football; watch sci fi films; eat pizza.

Hedgehog, or any animal that can sleep for ages (see aforementioned children).

Sex Toys 'R' Us

Richard - so we could prattle on about 90's indie music

3 Likes

3 years - since July 2012

It was really great. I came from working at Babeland.com so I had a pretty good idea of what I was getting into.

I would probably still be doing something to try to help people have more satisfying sex lives and better relationships.

The Greek Islands is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. California has a very special place in my heart too.

A small farm, a house and an adult shop

Rode on the back of a motorcycle

Watch Netflix, go out to eat, dance, play in my garden

A giraffe, because I'm tall and a little lanky

9) If you were given the job of conjuring up a new slogan for Lovehoney, what would it be? "

Your Pleasure is Our Pleasure"

Nicole, we need at least an hour to catch up and get to know each other in person.

1 Like

Awesome new thread! Loved reading all the replies and from some staff we don't get to hear much from :)

Since the 7th of January to be precise!

Truthfully, I didn't think about it that way-I considered it an opportunity to be a big kid surrounded by toys again!

Something arty..

Somewhere with lush green pastures, acerage, plenty of farm animals..Home is a place in my heart.

Property-to live in, and to rent out..who doesn't want a passive income?

A round the world trip for myself and OH.

I could really use a much better car to be honest!

Jumped out of a plane, and performed stand up.

Painting, drawing, tending to my animals-in the warmer months I'll be doing more motorbike riding!

I love birds.

More than likely a swan. Strong, elegant, and fiercely protective of their mate and their young. I like their unique call. Such gorgeous creatures-and what kid doesn't mind hitching a ride on their parent's back?

"Things for your thing!"

Mollie-she's funny, and a wonderfully warm personality you can have a variety of conversations with.

1 Like