50 shades toy range

just wondering what peoples initial thoughts are on the range, just wondering if anyones tempted? i havent made my mind up yet.

The range has a separate tab now?? Wow...

Ermm honesty? I think it's just overpriced products that Lovehoney sells anyway, they just changed the colours and added the logo, like the G-wizz for example. I do like the look of these though - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26065 but I wouldn't pay that much for them.

But I guess the whole collection will open up doors for fans who want to try that sort of thing. Not my thing at all though, I'd rather buy the products in their original form.

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

The range has a separate tab now?? Wow...

Ermm honesty? I think it's just overpriced products that Lovehoney sells anyway, they just changed the colours and added the logo, like the G-wizz for example. I do like the look of these though - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26065 but I wouldn't pay that much for them.

But I guess the whole collection will open up doors for fans who want to try that sort of thing. Not my thing at all though, I'd rather buy the products in their original form.

What I was thinking..

I guess it's for those that are new to the site and an easy access for them. (Still not a fan of it having a tab to itself...)

I'm a little torn about the range- on one hand I do feel it is a little bit tacky but on the other hand they look quite luxurious behind the brand. I'm not a fan of the books at all but I have no qualms about it when it really has been revolutionary to so many people's love (and sex) lives.

Some of the toys look really nice like the kegel balls and glass toy. I'd prefer them than the typical pink and plastic looking usual ones available. Don't personally like the price tag with it though but I guess that's what comes with the brand and look. Overall I reckon it's a good thing for Lovehoney and for those that are looking for good quality toys to help with experimenting.

yeah i was quite shocked it has its own tab. i like the look of the items (black and silver = my fave combo) and hey look classy, so im tempted to buy them but they look very simular to stuff i own already. hmm

I just noticed the tab and I am not sure as what I think about it. I find it bit strange that it has a special tab. I mean, it would be nice to have it under like one brand, like you have with other companies, such as Lelo, who makes range of toys, but you can search it via maker, but this is a bit.. strange to me.

I personally think I would not be buying and cannot say I am tempted. I mean they do look classy, but for the price of the ben wa balls, I would rather spend a bit more and just buy the Lelo, which have more combinations possible.

The only product I would maybe consider would be this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26073 because it claims it weights like 220g, and considering the heavist Ami set is 106 or something like that, I may consider getting it, as a challenge, but I do seriously wish it would come without the 50 shades logo, especially Inner Goddess, as i hated the inner goddess in the book

i do like the feather tickler, but im still undecided whether im going to buy anything

Laveila wrote:

I just noticed the tab and I am not sure as what I think about it. I find it bit strange that it has a special tab. I mean, it would be nice to have it under like one brand, like you have with other companies, such as Lelo, who makes range of toys, but you can search it via maker, but this is a bit.. strange to me.

I personally think I would not be buying and cannot say I am tempted. I mean they do look classy, but for the price of the ben wa balls, I would rather spend a bit more and just buy the Lelo, which have more combinations possible.

The only product I would maybe consider would be this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26073 because it claims it weights like 220g, and considering the heavist Ami set is 106 or something like that, I may consider getting it, as a challenge, but I do seriously wish it would come without the 50 shades logo, especially Inner Goddess, as i hated the inner goddess in the book

Wouldn't that be combined weight with the loop? So they might not even be that heavy

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

Laveila wrote:

Wouldn't that be combined weight with the loop? So they might not even be that heavy

No idea, would be question for the customer service. I dont think so, from the description, but admit I am tired, which could effect me right now

I love 50 shades, read it three times. I quite like the look of some of the items but they do seem to be a bit pricey, compared to the other lovehoney items.

tempted nope, first glance looks like an understandable attempt to cash in on the wave that the books created.....overpriced, perhaps those that haven't dabbled with the accessories in that area will be drawn in.

Nah not tempted at all. Thought 50 Shades was pretty awful and the toys are very expensive. Think they'll still sell well though! x

I haven't made my mind up yet. I'm actually sat here now racking my brain - did Ana actually EVER use any sex toys apart from the kegal balls? I can't remember...

Anyway, it all looks a bit expensive but I do like the colour scheme. However I think I'd rather stick to LoveHoney branded products because I knew they are all great quality and last ages :)

I have had a nose added a few bits to my wish list

Re the pricing, I'm guessing that LH had to pay a rather significant fee for rights to use the name....

rose hip wrote:

Re the pricing, I'm guessing that LH had to pay a rather significant fee for rights to use the name....

Yeah definitely, seeing as E.L. James will obviously get a good share of the profits

There's only one thing on that page that tempts me at all and I still want other things more anyway.

Remove the 50 shades branding and I might consider a few items, but otherwise I won't be tainting my collection with that stuff. I couldn't stand the books so I won't pay for the merchandise either, even if it is sex toys.

FYI all, there's also some interesting commentary on the Fifty Shades of Grey... blog post from the day it was announced. Also from Brooke Magnanti.

HappilyExperimenting wrote:

I haven't made my mind up yet. I'm actually sat here now racking my brain - did Ana actually EVER use any sex toys apart from the kegal balls? I can't remember...

Yes! A number of the editorial team are very very familiar with the trilogy now, and she uses vibrators, butt plugs, anal beads, magic wands, handcuffs, ankle cuffs, nipple clamps, spreaders, floggers, riding crops... pretty much everything in the range (except the glass dildo and cock ring, but we think that people new to sex toys should give them a go - hence their inclusion in the range).

Ork wrote:

Spam.... that is all I'm seeing, I get they want too show it off but seriously? A tab and a big in your grill thing on the forums? Face palm officially worse than twilight!

Yesterday was the first day the range was available, so I wanted to make sure people knew of it. The tab in the navigation was added after I'd popped the banner up as a flash (which I do from time to time with testing months, surveys and other info for the forum)! Now the tab's there, I've taken down the banner.

I think the tab in the navigation is a great idea, particularly for those new to the site who are specifically looking for it. Everyone else can ignore it if they want!

I am a bit tempted but only cos im tempted by everything i think :)
I like the colours but the price will put me of buying as i don't really need any more of these sort of items. Am interested in the weight of those Kegel balls though

I was tempted because it was looking at the product advert on the Fifty shades facebook page that introduced me to lovehoney.

However other similar lovehoney products are available but much cheaper. I do like the black, white and silver look though they look very classy, but I also don't like the large print tags and logos on everything. Other branded products don't labels and writing all over them a more discreet FS would be sufficient.

One thing I really liked about the FS books was that Mr Grey used in expensive ways to be kinky using an air-line eye mask, brown leather actual riding crop, his bare hands, cable ties, a dressing gown tie and of course his own neck tie proving that BDSM doesn't have to be expensive.