A baffling sex-toy

Hi I am in desperate need to find one baffling sex toy, that my wife says has been used on her by one of her lovers, with much of her pleasure. (You can understand that we are pretty much an open minded couple, and we discuss these things without any prejudgment..) Next November 22 will be our anniversary. What I would like to do is to surprise her, using the same toy in a similar way as her lover did with her. As my wife describes it, the toy is like a small rubber ball, slightly bigger that a golf ball, and definitely smaller than a tennis ball. It seems that the ball is very soft, its rubber skin is smooth and quite thin. The inside is filled up with some sort of gel, giving to the toy quite an elastic feel. Her lover used to dip the ball in many different kinds of perfumed oils and liquids, some warm, some very cold, and to rub the ball over her clitoris, thus transmitting her some immensely pleasurable sensations. Have you ever heard of a similar a toy? What is its common name? Do you have any advice on where to purchase it or how to make it? Do you have any suggestions about how to use it and what are the lotions that her lover could have used? Thank you so much GordonPym

Hi Gordon, to be honest I have not heard of anything like this before. Particularly the fact it is soft and squidgy.

You could try a glass toy. This would allow the transmission of different temperatures and the use of any type of solution onto it without causing any damage to the toy. I do understand that glass is hard. But maybe a bed turned piece like one of the tentacles might do the trick.

The only thing that comes to mind in terms of squidgy is a jelly toy. So you could look for a jelly toy that has a round ball like end to it. I think there are limits on what solutions you could use with jelly, but I'm not sure as I don't have jelly toys. Something like this might work http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27162 as you could use the tip of the dildo or even the balls to give the sensation your looking for. And you could always use it as a dildo if all else fails.

Sorry not much help really.

I've not heard of anything quite like this, sounds intriguing as it obviously worked well for her.
I don't think there is anything like this on lovehoney, certainly not that I've seen and I have spent way to long looking at toys in here!
Welcome though, if you can't find what you are looking for there might be something else to blow her mind. Good luck.

I haven't come across anything like this before, I'm going to say it was probably a home made or not intended for that purpose item that her previous lover used. Instead of trying things another did to blow her mind, why don't you find an even better way of your own?

Have never heard of anything like that. Did kinda think what natandtom said instead of doing something her lover does do something completely different that she only thinks of that you have done to her.

Only thing that comes to mind for me is the Revel Body SOL - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32379

Do you know if it was purchased in the country to begin with? That's a new one to me, and I've googled it too without much luck!

The one that Lovehoney-Paige has mentioned is the only one I can find!

Could be a gel hand/wrist exerciser? Google it, they're squishy gel balls around that size in varying firmness designed to, obviously, strengthen your hands/wrists.

It could even have been a gel hand warmer or something, in which case you could try this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28690 but I'm not sure it would stand up to being dipped in cold liquid at all.

It sounds like he definitely was not using a sex toy, and those scented oils etc he was using do not sound very body safe to be using on the clit either, so I'd not try to follow his example too closely!

You can use a glass toy to play with temperature play, as it is very responsive to heat and cold. You can go a step further and slide it inside her as well as teasing her clit. You can even buy glass ben wa balls, if you really have your heart set on a ball shaped toy.

As for scented things, I wouldn't add any scents to the liquid you intend to rub over her clit as you run the risk of irritating the sensitive area. It could be a better idea to scent the air with oils or candles while leaving the water applied to her unscented. Since you seem to want to combine this with a massage of sorts, you could pick up a scented massage candle and let it burn while you play with the hot/cold sensations, then pour the warm wax over her body? Body though, not clit.

I don't know that you could get warm or very cold temperatures with massage oils or lotions so I am guessing he added essential oils to water, you could use a scented massage oil over her body but a lot of them are not for external use (which often means they can irritate sensitive clits) so be careful and read the descriptions.

Lovebirds has beat me to what I was going to say- it sounds like a hand/wrist exerciser to me, rather than an intended sex toy. And the rest of her advice is right on point, too, as usual.

Lovebirds_x wrote:

It sounds like he definitely was not using a sex toy, and those scented oils etc he was using do not sound very body safe to be using on the clit either, so I'd not try to follow his example too closely!

+1 - I cringed when I read that bit!

Hi there, it sounds to me like a stress ball - if you google 'gel filled stress balls' you will see quite a few options. As Lovebirds_x has said, please be careful when using any type of fragrances/perfumes near the clit area as it can cause irritation. Also Lovebirds_x idea of maybe using scented candles in the room is really good. You can then use plain oils for the massage. You could use coconut oil, sweet almond oil, or any base massage oil that is perfume free. This could then be warmed or cooled down accordingly, just make sure to check the temperatures yourself first before using :) xx

WOW! What a goldmine of information here! :-)
Thank you so much to all for your sound and detailed advice.
The hand/wrist exercisers or the gel filled stress balls look to me as a plausible explanation. They exist in a variety of sizes, including that described by my wife.
I got your messages of being cautious about using anything which may be irritating on her clit.
I will keep you informed of the results

Ruby Red Slippers wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

+1 - I cringed when I read that bit!

+2 couldn't think of anything worse hope you find what your looking for sounds intriguing - the oils x