Actively pursue badges here?

So after looking at all the badges it seems highly unlikely we will get them unless we work together for them, for example most people are never going to get 50 likes on a reply, let alone 25.

Would people be up for posting a reply on here with the intention of people liking it so you could more easily attain the badge?

Let me know it was just a thought to help people out :relaxed:

42 Likes

There’s one like for you! :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

And for you :joy:

15 Likes

49 to go! :joy:

16 Likes

Depends on the people I guess…some people will want them no matter what and see it as a competition like the brownies or boy scouts getting a badge before others…and others just using the forum regardless of them.
:kiss:

20 Likes

haribojust liked can u do the same for me Thanks

15 Likes

Seems a bit cheap just to cheese it for the badge though, right?

12 Likes

Thanks haribo

12 Likes

Maybe instead of just cheesing it we could all try to like big interesting thread posts when they crop up? That way we’re encouraging people to start big interesting threads?

20 Likes

Yup, some badges seem near impossible to obtain.

However, it doesn’t really matter whether we have them or not since they do not affect what we can see, do and post in the forum.

That being said, I have done my best to get some badges that I could get without ‘‘cheating’’ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

20 Likes

I’m not sure they’re worth boosting. :slightly_smiling_face: But I’m interested to see how many Likes you rustle up. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

The Badges seem to be a way to demonstrate the forum features to new members, as well as encourage good forum habits (liking, mention, etc).

When you get a Badge it also makes a record of what post you got it for, so if you do get the Great Topic one we’ll all be able to see if you cheated. :slightly_smiling_face:

22 Likes

You have another like x

10 Likes

I was never that bothered about the ranks, so the badges don`t matter to me, unless the lack of them prevents me using certain features.

15 Likes

@Ian_Chimp ouch! Why can’t you be happy for us getting badges instead of saying we’re cheating! :sob: I’m reporting you. :joy: :joy: :joy:

9 Likes

I’m not really that keen on the badges and likes, seems like everything online these days is ruled by the competition of getting likes. Instagram etc drives me mad, I try and use it for marketing my business and it stresses me out if something I post doesn’t get as much notice as someone else’s post, it’s hard not to compare yourself to others. I’m not a horrible person, I don’t mind giving them I just don’t want to feel the stress of not getting a like or ‘being as good as someone else’ :dizzy_face::woozy_face:

13 Likes

I think I’m with you on social media @glitterismyfavouritecolour , that feels competitive, but Ive found I don’t feel the same here because it’s a friendlier space.

I like them here, I think it’s a nice touch to show agreement, support, interest in, or just enjoyment of someone’s post without the need to always write a reply. :blush:

I reckon the bigger badges may seem unobtainable right now, but we’re probably just not used to ‘liking’ things yet - you can be sure there’s posts here that 50+ people have read and thought were worthwhile and interesting - it’s probably more of a culture shift thing. Maybe this time next year we’ll all be asking for even more advanced badges cause getting 50 likes is just too easy :joy:

14 Likes

Ya I just like being able to use the forum and chat with awesome like minded people, ranks and badges don’t bother me but I gave you a like to help you.

13 Likes

I had a little look online, and it turns out you can add your own Custom Badges :+1::slightly_smiling_face: (it’s technical though, so Lovehoney might not want to do it). They have to be based on a user or a post, and some kind of action or number of actions. Eg. Something like:

:3rd_place_medal:Nice Turn - get 7 Likes on a post in Games
:2nd_place_medal:Good Turn - get 15 Likes on a post in Games
:1st_place_medal:Great Turn - get 30 Likes on a post in Games

What other sort of forum actions/behaviour would you want to encourage and make a badge for? :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Oooh, those are good!! I’d definitely like a cheeky game badge :smile:

Just spitballing some random ideas here:

making new friends

We’re pretty darn good at welcoming newbies otherwise I’d suggest something that encourages people to respond to the “introduce yourself” posts.

social butterfly

We’re also pretty good at chatting to lots of people, but maybe you could get a badge when you’ve mentioned X number of new individuals by tagging them - but perhaps that’s only useful where people for cliques, and I don’t think we do!

tried and tested

If the review side of things gets fully incorporated then it might be nice to eventually have badges for numbers of reviews (maybe 25/75/150?) and maybe also for if people find your review helpful (say if 10 people say it was helpful, you get a helpful badge)?

ambassador

I guess this one more thinking of what LH’s needs are for the forum - but recommending/favourably linking to LH products, or posting images of eg LH lingerie on real people. It’s helpful for us too to see people’s experiences - though again I think we all do a lot of sharing of LH stuff anyway!

16 Likes

There is a WordPress plug-in to link up Discourse (the forum software) to blogs and stuff. Not sure what the reviews are in, but hopefully they can at least be linked up, even if they can’t be imported/embedded. :+1:

The blog plug-in sounded really good, as every time a new blog article is created it also creates its own forum topic too. And any comments under the blog article would automatically be popped in the topic, and any in the topic would go under the blog. :+1::slightly_smiling_face: No idea if that’s LH’s plan though. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes