Advent calender

Hi has anyone ordered one yet or had one before?? I’m intrigued but it’s alot to shell out without being sure!! What do people think

3 Likes

Which one are you thinking of?

The toy ones can be quite good if you don’t have a lot of the stuff already. I think one of last year’s was a Womanizer as the ‘big’ toy? That would have been a good present for a lot of people.

The lingerie ones can be good too, depending on what lingerie you’re into. We had one that was all body stockings and mini dresses, and that wasn’t really to Mrs Chimp’s taste in the end. They normally have photos on so you can see what’s in there, but if you’re buying it as a gift then you could keep that info to yourself so you don’t ruin the surprise. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

From my experience, advent calendars are pretty mediocre. There’s often one or two great toys and the rest is just a placeholder. BDSM is a big thing with these, and who really wants a collection of handcuffs and ropes. If I was going to buy one I would just wait for the discounts after Christmas. Scored a few for like a tenth of the price, it becomes a really great value. The star toy solo is worth more than what you can buy these for on sale.

1 Like

Great advice thanks think it would be the toy one not sure about the bdsm stuff :grimacing:

@H2o I had one as a tester this year. reviews here if your interested.
Is it worth the money? Well, the bullet + womaiser toys (which where both stellar) are worth over £90 together, and i thought lots of the other bits where alot of fun too, especially the bullet sleeves.

5 Likes

We also had the couples advent calendar to test and review.

In terms of value for money it is excellent. Buying each item individually would cost over £300 I think.

Whether it is worth it for you depends on how many of the toys you already have.

Have a careful look at the contents to see whether you think it’s worth the money for you.

1 Like

We tested and reviewed the penis & prostate toy calendar.
I think my favourite part of it was the surprise element. Each toy sparked a conversation, laughs or led to fantastic sex. The fact it was an activity we were both up for and open minded about helped.
We don’t totally love all the toys, and will probably only use 4 of the 12 regularly, with another 5 that were fun for a few tries. The toys we’ve kept using though are amazing fun and we probably never would have picked them out ourselves.
So all in, it’s a really fun experience, a journey of discovery, as well as a set of toys.

And so the battle for the calendars begin lol :joy:
Every year there’s a scramble to get one but from what I’ve heard they’re really fun even if some of the toys aren’t as good as others, they’re much better than a cheap cracker!

If you have a look at the reviews for the ‘Couples’ calendar you’ll see that a couple of us reviewed each of the 24 items individually rather than reviewing the package as a whole. That may help you decide.

1 Like

Same as @rockstar , i itemised my review for the “her” calendar. So if you dont mind some spoilers it might help you get an idea of if you want one or not

Thank you great point in there that you were both up for the fun, I was thinking of getting it as a surprise so it might crash and burn :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Have you used or had conversations about toys together? These calendars are a really great intro to loads of different types, but I’d check first if your OH is keen to play​:crossed_fingers:

It’s like buttering your parsnips for a better roast.
Or using lube, come to think of it!:joy:

I have never had an LH calender but sound like such fun, kinky and a great spice to a relationship

Who else is loving their LH Christmas Advent Calendar?

My fiancé and I have the couples one.

Last night we used both the 1st and 2nd items!

Can’t wait to see what is next.

5 Likes

I was planning to get one but I basically have everything in them and they seemed like a waste for me unfortunately :frowning:

3 Likes

They sold out before I could snag one. Have fun!!!

1 Like

Thats a shame. Sounds like I was lucky to get one when I did.
We will enjoy it. Thank you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The pink couples one was mentioned for being good value on ‘Luxury Christmas for Less’ on channel 4 last night :hugs:

2 Likes

They are very nice. Got to open the purple one.

1 Like