Adverts

I remember adverts that annoy people coming up a fair bit in the rant thread so i thought it could be worth giving them their own thread now. You can also say if there are any adverts you actually find quite funny or clever (and no judgement if you like 1 that annoys another person, everyone has different tastes).

For example, i actually quite like the new dead happy adverts and i found the lidl’s Christmas ad (the 1 where they were taking the micky out of other Christmas adverts and aldi) quite funny

1 Like

Particularly hate the Vax carpet cleaner ad where a voice asks a question then answers it! If they know the answer, why ask the question! :exploding_head:

1 Like

Perf with Surf…I swear

10 Likes

Oh i know both of those, they are dodgy. The new Ariel adverts annoy me too (i think it’s Ariel anyway), if the dirt’s invisible who cares?! I get it when they’re talking about invisible bacteria but what does it matter if there’s some dirt left under uv light

1 Like

The one for the vibrating footplate, aimed at gullible old people, Ian Botham and Eamon Holmes should be ashamed!

2 Likes

Brought up in the 70’s still alive now…just about lol

Don’t know any kid that ate wash powder or bleach or anything to make themselves ill. Sure our parents knew it wasn’t a food item too.

“A bit of dirt doesn’t hurt anyone”

So anyhow do we need adverts reminding us to keep said items high up out of childrens reach so we need to get the step ladders out everytime we need them?

Grrrrrrr

4 Likes

Yeah but if you lie down on it @WillC

Sorry sorry off topic

1 Like

That’s what washing machines are for…

1 Like

Annoy: Resident Alien trailer on Sky - it’s on SO, SO much (@WillC )

Enjoy: the one where the woman pretends she’s going down a flight of stairs - seen it a lot on You Tube but despite liking it, I ‘skip ad’ before finding out what it’s for

2 Likes

Just don’t design a product looks edible to kids! Surely they could make washer tabs look like a turd or something?

1 Like

Honestly i have NEVER seen it advertised! I just saw the suggestion on my planner and set it to record!

Fun fact: it can actually be good for you
(I think that’s a fact lol, guess it depends on the dirt)

Guessing you don’t watch a lot of basketball then :rofl:

1 Like

We all love a bit of filth @Melody1

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Are you thinking of that wine advert where people pretend to be going into a wine cellar? And yeah some dirt/contamination exposure is good for training your immune system so can improve your health later

And @CurvyJilly with the washing stuff adverts i do find it kinda funny the ones that just end saying ‘always keep away from children’. Thanks, i will be staying away from all children :joy:

4 Likes

That’s what o think too!

1 Like

Try not to watch tv live, i live my life at FFx30!

1 Like

I don’t think it’s so much looking edible as much as some young kids stick everything new in their mouth automatically to find out what it is (maybe it’s because they don’t have the hand coordination to examine stuff indepth like that).

I definitely get what you mean though, they don’t have to make it so eye catching

1 Like

Yeah Ace!, that will be the one - but I only drink beer, rum and tea so I guess the advertisers have lost nothing by me skipping it - I love the look on the woman’s face :slight_smile:

1 Like

Common sense told our parents to keep bleach, medicine etc out of the reach of kids.

1 Like

We got a smacked hand if we touched anything we shouldn’t…didn’t do it again.

Mum kept all her stuff…brillo pads…jif…bleach…wash powder…fairy liquid under the kitchen sink.

2 Likes