Adverts

Honestly the amount of effort people put into trying to hide stuff like that now probably makes kids more interested in it

1 Like

did it?

My (sister’s) local children’s hospital may wish to differ - although a quick go on the stomach pump and all’s well that ends well :grin:

@CurvyJilly : yup , under the kitchen sink , waiting for child locks to be invented and advertised on the tele

1 Like

Oh i nearly forgot 1 of the adverts that’s been annoying me most recently. That stupid hybrid advert talking about how humans are not adapted :unamused: that’s not how evolution works, if we weren’t adapted we’d have died out ages ago, we’re not like sloths, we actually have things that want to eat us

(i may be particularly annoyed by it because the 1st time it came on it was talking about how we have no fur while i was trying to pull out some ingrown hairs)

1 Like

Well there was always the odd Darwin Award Winner!

1 Like

Not TV but radio. And I don’t hate it…but every time I hear it I now have to say ‘hierarchical monkey culture’ in time with the ad.

Thanks Jonathan Warburton…:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Oh my god, that advert for American Express Platinum or whatever it’s called, that comes on the radio drives me mad! I hate it, that annoying voice saying ‘cashback, cashback’ repeatedly all the way through has me rushing to turn the volume off!
It’s worse if it comes on while I’m listening in the bath as I can’t reach the radio! Grrrr :angry:

3 Likes

Definitely!

1 Like

“Can’t afford something non essential?”

Well instead of saving up for it and really appreciating it because you’ve saved for ages…buy it now with a loan…and pay loads more back in interest over a long time.
Sometimes even years after it’s no longer used or the tan and memories faded.

They make the APR look as if it’s nothing use the word “only”

And then the adverts that show you the price
FROM ÂŁxxx

But the actual item shown is usually the most expensive and shown in the tiniest print at the bottom of the screen.

Grrrrrrrrrr
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

This! Even features Elton John reeling off a load of non essential shit! @CurvyJilly34F :slight_smile:

We Buy Any Car and the opera singer really get on my tits!

1 Like

I think can think of an advert on tv that does exactly that. Extremely misleading to say the least!

Most car ads do it, show the top of the range version, that’s about 50 grand, but says from 20 grand. Then in very small print say model shown is the 50 grand version.
Another irritating thing on radio adverts…gabbling the legal small print in a couple of seconds.

Charlotte Tilbury’s Hollywood flawless filter ad winds me up. I end up with the song in my head all day! :grimacing:

2 Likes

Yes, late at night!

A bit different from the usual posts on here but i actually quite like the dead happy adverts, i think they’re a bit different and actually fairly funny without being obnoxious (i definitely like them more than the other adverts that keep playing haha)

1 Like

Purf with surf :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Go compare :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Those annoying meerkats ads! They were ok when they first started but now they just plain irritate me!

1 Like

The one for constipation where a woman is “bloated” and keeps dumping food in her handbag, for those who can’t comprehend what being constipated means!

Also, the fact that ads for pile cream, incontinence pants, laxatives etc are all on at teatime!

1 Like

Oh don’t get me started on those! Why is it always women being portrayed as having constipation, wind, diarrhoea or piles? And the Tenor Lady ones are the worst…like it’s almost compulsory for women to being weeing themselves all the time?!

2 Likes

Another one is the load of bingo and gambling site adverts making out it’s a fun filled community. Then the warning “When the fun stops, stop”
When exactly is that? When you are up to your eyeballs in debt?
I am very cynical about online computer generated gambling. Surely they use programs that lure you in, but ensure the company always wins and nothing is random or chance based?

1 Like