Adverts

The latest one to annoy me is the Halifax advert. I have to say it’s mostly the music (sorry to offend any Oasis fans) that I can’t stand! This is why I record mostly everything I want to watch so I can fast forward through tosh like this.
Actually I don’t think there’s ever been a good Halifax advert :thinking:

1 Like

If you mean the advert i think you do, the 1st time i saw it i thought it was an advert for adoption or in vitro fertilisation

Is it the one where it appears a bloke is about to have his dog put down? Not a positive image whatever the ad!

One that really irritates me, is the patronising one telling you to move to the left on death trap Smart motorways, all well and good, if there’s what counts for a hard shoulder available.

Oh yeah that adverts weird. Plus aren’t they getting rid of those areas on a lot of motorways?

1 Like

Yes, no hard shoulders, just places to pull in every so often, no good if you break down bewteen them and get hit from behind by a lorry.

I’ve only seen the smart motorways advert once. I’m still astounded that anyone thinks they’re a good idea, it all sounds bloody dangerous to me.

3 Likes

Quite a minor thing but the new superglue advert really annoys me. It’s a good message about fixing stuff rather than throwing it away but why do they have to have the glue arrive in a massive box full of packing stuff? That’s so wasteful

5 Likes

To be fair, i love superglue, the flexible version has saved me buying new work boots!

I really like it too, my phone cable is held together with superglue and it held my boots together for so long. The massive box in the advert just bugs me

2 Likes

Ooh! Just got reminded of another, the cravendale advert. “It’s not milk” yes it is! It is still milk no matter what your advert says, you literally say later in the advert that “it’s fresh milk”

2 Likes

Filtered to make it last longer! How feckin long they thinking of keeping it? A litre might last a day in our house and there’s only two of us!

What about the annoying Sunlife adverts! Derek who seems to take a weird pleasure in informing June all about his funeral plans and the way he whips out his phone when she says she’s interested in Sunlife, like he’s got them on speed dial!
And let’s not forget the way he traipses through her lounge with a box of soil covered parsnips! :rofl:

1 Like

Or that old biddy with the vacuous smirk
who likes to sue for medical negligence, not because she wants the filthy lucre, but cos she likes helping others! :joy:

1 Like

My Husband (vocally) hates the amazon ad. Guy trying to get his baby to sleep while he amazon shops on his mobile.
Bright light from the screen shining in the babies face. I love that he is angry for that baby.

3 Likes

The ad where women talking about edited by mod

1 Like

Ok this may sound stupid but i really don’t like the new totallymoney advert. Something about those dancing toads really creeps me out

Oral B…wouldn’t Oral A be preferable? :thinking:

The B stands for brush :tooth: :blush:

1 Like

There’s another one that I hate at the moment and it’s the Lenore Outdoorable one where everyone’s singing about not being able to dry their washing outdoors. The guy standing topless at his window deploring his lack of clean pants is particularly irritating! I really hate the adverts where everyone is singing. On the Market is another one! Thankfully not shown as often now :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes