Adverts

You’d like that though I bet wouldn’t you @Mint-Monster :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I really dislike the Numan adverts, for both erectile dysfunction and hair loss. The thudding base makes my head hurt, as does the flashing images if i look at the screen

Never been a big club goer then?

1 Like

Sadly Lynda Bellingham passed away, this was one of a very good series of adverts she appeared in

1 Like

How’d you guess :joy:

I have some sensory issues, I’ve actually nearly passed out because of fire alarms before (which as you can imagine is a bit counterproductive)

2 Likes

Yes was just about to say they’re not supposed to make you pass out haha you can actually get vibrating devices for the hard of hearing that link to smoke alarms, you put them under you’re pillow or something when you go to bed :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I have to test the fire alarms at work every week, makes me extremely popular with my colleagues at 5am!

4 Likes

Not strictly an advert but one of those sponsorship idents on the Sky Arts channel. “A perfectly crafted production, sponsored by Lexus” says the voice-over as we see a woman supposedly using a sewing machine to make the stitched seat covers for their cars. Just one tiny detail, though… the sewing machine has no thread in it. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

so you don’t like a lotta chocolate on your biscuit?

6 Likes

but if it’s a Lexus it will still stay together forever
:grin:

@Melody1 you can never have too much chocolate on your biscuit!

Mains wired alarms are horrendous! You can feel them perforating you’re eardrums :joy:

1 Like

They certainly are!

1 Like

The barcley card advert annoys me so much. I can’t see any logic to putting your wardrobe in alphabetical order, especially not with the weird system he’s using and it bugs me so much. I could understand doing an alphabetical order with categories (e.g. all jumpers together after dresses or something) but the system in the advert just makes me so twitchy

2 Likes

The oral b adverts that are dubbed into English

3 Likes

I know that logically it’s for dubbing but it’s so bad.

Though considering how things are currently they could just get the actors to wear a mask. It fits with the current situation and removes the dubbing issue, it’s a win-win :joy:

4 Likes

The Ribena ad where the guy is going on about painting with the berries or something, and the woman says “let’s get those to the presser shall we” in such a weird, unnatural way.

4 Likes

Pretty much ANYTHING with bloody Meerkats in. It was cute in 2009. For about a month. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Don’t get me started on them! Bloody irritating things, and the cuddly versions that people were flogging for stupid money on ebay! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Oh yeah they are so annoying. I liked them to start with but now I can’t stand the sight or sound of them!