Advice For Those Who Want To Try BDSM

I am certainly a 100% BDSM lover. I have been doing this for a while now, and me and my current partner are living in a BDSM lifestyle together. We have a contract, outlining safewords and any rules or limits (to which there admittedly isn’t many) we may have. I am the submissive in my relationship, and I truly live to be hurt, controlled and degraded by my partner, but this stuff isn’t for everyone.

I believe that if you want to try it (and both parters are consenting, of course) start off slow. Maybe try a blindfold, then some soft handcuffs. If you enjoy the physical aspect of BDSM so far, you may want to try out the power differential. If both partners are fully comfortable, try giving control to the Dominant for a little while, see how it feels. Let them pleasure you how they’d like and make the decisions for a while. Make sure you have safe words, as that’s very important. There is a chance you won’t be into it as much as you may think you could be. Everybody is different. If you enjoy this, you can increase restraints and domination/submission as much as you’d both like.

Trust is an important part of BDSM. If you dont fully trust your partner, don’t try this out. Safewords may seem like a good way to stop things, but if your partner isn’t fully trustworthy, they may be ignored or forgotten, and it could become more of a power differential than you wanted.

However, it’s worked for me and many other people around the world. Provided you have trust, full consent and Safewords that put a stop to anything that makes you uncomfortable, go for it! Enjoy it! You may find yourself being pleasured a lot more.

4 Likes

I’ve always been interested in BDSM and I have dipped my toe in and i love it. I am very much a submissive through and through, I would really like to try to introduce more BDSM elements into my relationship but my OH really struggles with dominating me (he love the thought of it but can’t put it in to practice.) and he also really struggles with the concept of after care. Even with vanilla sex he kinda just leaves me in what ever position I happen to be in. Any advice on how I could talk to him about these issues? As it is real fantasy of mine.

A lot of people underestimate what it takes to dominate someone, and might love the idea but in the moment find themselves not really knowing how to make the fantasy come to life. This can be down to a number of things including not knowing what types of things to do, not knowing how they fit together into an organic, flowing scene, the pressure of having to work this all out and also not wanting to push too far.

You need to have a chat with him and decide what is it you actually want. Is this just in the bedroom or outside to? Service, body worship, orgasm control, humiliation, degradation, impact play, bondage, sensation play, rough sex, medical, high protocol and many more. There are lots of different options. Decide between you what sounds good, and slowly add them in to your normal play. You don’t have to try everything at once or have a fully formed D/s relationship after the first play. Take it slow, see what works and what doesn’t. Maybe start with the types of play that involve him being in control but not necessarily being dominant. Things such as bondage and impact play can be done purely within the context of just enjoying the acts. As he becomes more comfortable and confident with the different acts and types of play, the dominance elements will become easier.

As for aftercare, what do you need? What would you like him to do that he isn’t doing? You can frame it by saying that with kinky play, the release of chemicals is higher generally so you need more time after play together to decompress and get back into balance. You should also include that he might need this too so is there anything you can do for him?

3 Likes

I am lucky that me and my partner are able to talk about anything openly, but I get thats not the case for a lot of people. Maybe write down a list of things you want to try, and give him the list. Its sometimes easier to write things down than to actually talk to someone about it. Then, maybe ask him to do at least one of the things you put on the list every time you get intimate. Over time it will make him more used to that kind of stuff and he may enjoy it more. Another thing is that I bought my partner a book for Christmas, called 52 Things I Want You To Do To Me, from another popular sex toy company. I pick a random number every day, and he does it. Its great for trying out new things.
I hope this has helped you a little.

1 Like

Definitely agree.

I’m very open minded and happy to try most things at least once, OH less so and he is quite conservative and so struggles with getting his head around the idea that I want to be tied down and used as a living sex toy. Currently I’m looking more for it be a bedroom thing rather than all the time, as the elements that interest me are orgasm control, bondage and rough sex.

As for aftercare I really enjoy being held after sex, I enjoy being close to my partner. I enjoy being helped out of what ever position I was in and then laying down wrapped in my partner’s arms. I have communicated this to my OH and he will hold me but only after I have cleaned myself up, I don’t know why but it makes me feel kind of dirty.

3 Likes

I’m interested in this. We have dabbled and talked and have a long list of yes matches to try.
We have a list of nos as well, but thankfully they align. So far we have been doing exactly what you said. Incorporating elements that we both are in to the most in to our play.

My husband seems to like what we do so far and so do I but I’m learning that it’s our version of BDSM and we just take what we want from what information is available and apply what we like.
He is quite laid back, very much just go with what feels right at the time type of person and therefore exploration has been slow. Which balances my hyper-fixation and obsession with new things and have to do it all at once type of person.

On the note of the dominant partner not being naturally dominant - my husband has been raised to respect and protect women and be very gentle with their minds and their bodies. I think sometimes the concept that we want to be thrown around and tied up contradicts what he’s been taught all his life. He’s finding the balance now between what he’s been taught and being allowed to express his masculine energy in that particular way with me.
That’s not to say that dominants who find it easy don’t have all those qualities too, it’s just I think some guys struggle with the concept at first and it takes a bit longer for them to really trust us and trust themselves? Idk maybe I’m talking out of my ass here, but I’d struggle too if it were me. It must be a tricky thing to pull off.

3 Likes

@Sehara i think we are similar to you, what we want from it is pretty much for the bedroom and not outside of it, aside from teasing and build up to a session.
We are best mates and equals outside of our sexual relationship, I can’t see a true BDSM lifestyle working for us in day to day life, I’m glad we are not alone in this.
Although he’s primarily the dom in the bedroom, we also like to switch it up here and there so it would just get chaotic for us if it were 24/7.

Re aftercare, I like to clean up before we cuddle too. Once that initial “wtf just happened” moment as gone, he makes sure we are definitely done then he goes and cleans up, takes condom off and stuff and I have a quick shower at the same time. Then we cuddle and usually talk about what we liked the most and lightly discuss the session. I don’t see a problem with cleaning up afterwards. Maybe it’s because we are both sensory weirdos but I don’t want to be laying in lube and my own stuff for any length of time. Plus I have to go pee anyway or it’s UTItopia over here :joy: I hope that feeling of feeling dirty goes away :frowning: it’s not that it’s dirty it’s just a comfort thing for some people. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@mrssaffa It dose sound similar. My partner dose struggle with the idea of me not being his equal even with me telling him that what I want.
I think I could live the BDSM lifestyle full time if I had the right partner. I love my current OH dearly but I don’t think it would work for us full time.
As for after care I don’t mind cleaning up we do a lot of anal play so it is important and it doesn’t take long. For me it is more it is left completely to me and due to past trauma around sex, I feel very vulnerable afterwards and so being left to it as it where is quite difficult for me. He will go and lie down while I’m normally still have my face pressed against the mattress, and need to get myself to the bathroom. Maybe I’m just overthinking it but I do keep asking for him to be a little more affectionate afterwards.

3 Likes

I was raised the exact same way as your partner with regards to women. Protect, Provide and Respect, essentially.

If you take a look at the BDSM personality quiz page, you’ll see that I’m pretty much Pure Dom/Associated Roles with a Switch element with regards to S/M and Bondage. You’ll also see Ms.Anony’s linked in the same post. It’s fairly obvious why we are so compatible when looking at them both side by side.

It’s my personal belief (as well as many established authors on the topic of BDSM), that the Sub is the one in true power by relinquishing that trust and control to their Dom.

And that a “good Dom,” focuses more on their Sub than themselves, or than their Sub realizes. It takes empathy, understanding, intuition, insight and a pathway for communication outside the BDSM role to being a “good Dom,” in my opinion. Along with the obvious trust, consent and safe words and other obvious examples. To clarify my wording usage, being a “Good Dom,” isn’t a relational word usage with regard to what they do for and to their sub. Just that they do for and to their Sub, what their Sub wants done to them.

Being dominant came naturally for me, as I had to protect my mother from my father at a very early age. He was 6’5 250+ and ex special forces. Let’s just say I had a fun childhood, but was never able to be broken.

I guess in hindsight, I’ve applied that innate strength of personality that kind of upbringing had to all areas of life, including my Sex Life. I just use it in a much much much more loving way. Just because there is s willing submission of power doesn’t necessarily mean there’s any physical discomfort associated with it (unless it’s wanted by both parties). Trust me, you can please and pleasure extremely dominantly just as much as you can physically punish.

If your partner is like me, which I think he is in some ways at least, this is probably the doorway to BDSM for him. As a Pleasing Dom. Maybe try talking to your partner about this in coy lingo. Maybe show by example and take the Dom role on until he gets the drift, with regard to how you want him to please you. If this is indeed the door you have to open for him, be prepared for a growth in the BDSM realm and have pre-defined limits and safe words.

Maybe See how he responds to very slight submissive body language. And if slight doesn’t work, be more obvious about it. Tell him what you want. Tell him how you want what you want. Show him. Venture outside your comfort zone. Try greeting him when he comes out of the bathroom on your knees with a head down posture as an example. See what happens. You may be surprised. Body Language is understood across all language barriers and universal for all ethnicities and languages (with some very rare and few exceptions.)

- Check our the Series “Lie to Me,” starring Tim Roth, to see some slightly exaggerated but mostly spot on accurate representations of this to see what I’m referring to with regard to universality of understanding of body language regardless of culture or language.

I guess my upbringing had that benefit as well. My life (and my mothers), literally depending on reading Body Language as a child from a truly unpredictable individual and still being prepared for the unpredictable. As is common of most children subject to…”less fun childhoods,” they all usually have to innately learn the same lessons to varying degrees. I look at that experience as more of a source of power and strength rather than a cue for sympathy. I wouldn’t be who I am without it.

Either way, I still maintain that the best Doms (and Subs), have to learn how to inherently anticipate the others desire and reward them accordingly when their needs are being met.

If all else fails, there are some decent intro to BDSM series books on Amazon. I’m admitting ignorance here in that I don’t know if this is an area LoveHoney has products that would classify as competition. If so, please remove this paragraph and my apologies.

5 Likes

@Anony thankyou, you’ve put in to words what was floating in my head trapped within my own naivety on the subject. I kinda knew it was a thing but didn’t really put the two together - that in the early stages of defining the dynamic, when you strip it down and look at it, it is the sub with the control, and while there are probably different types of dominants from what I’ve seen, but in most cases they are all wanting to pleasure their partner.
I think it’s more the practical rougher stuff I was thinking about when I said what I said about it being difficult for some people to be able to do. Anything I’ve said to him that goes against the grain, when he knows that I want to do it, he’s fine with it.
His body language and his words during and afterwards always shows me he cares that I am/was okay and “taken care of” properly so he probably is similar in that he wants to please me, but I have to learn to show him what that looks like, even though I am very happy with what we already do, to take it further maybe. It won’t come naturally to me I don’t think!
Thanks for all your advice you have given us a lot to think about!

3 Likes

Well. I’m glad I’ve shed some insight. And I don’t think there is any naïveté. Each dynamic is different.

If he’s like me though. I think the path from pleasing you to throwing you around will just take him time. I’ve been a Dom all my life. But only ever done the “darker side,” of Dom stuff with Ms.Anony. It didn’t come naturally to me and went against the grain so to speak. It took me knowing she really wanted it to learn to be ok with it. And again.

Ms.Anony and I had exactly that conversation honestly. “I’ll show you the kinder more loving side of being dominated. If you’ll show me the darker more primal side of dominating.”Almost word for word.

Helping delineate the two (from you to him), since you’re the more naturally dominant and/or you and I seem very similar re: ADHD and “full force application with anything we are interested in,”…may be the single most helpful thing for him to be able to be freed of his image of what should be, and what you want it to be. That’s just my opinion, but if it works for you then I’m glad. If you decide it doesn’t work for you, well. Don’t do it. :wink:

And maybe telling him how you feel personally about the power of a Sub being the actual Dominance in the relationship, because you’ve chosen to surrender to him and trust him to treat you the way you want to be treated. Will help him hear where you’re coming from if that’s truly how you feel.

I’m no expert. I’m just able to share my experience and/or views from the other side of the fence. (Even when I may or may not be on that side of the fence.) I think it’s that quality that is required for either the Dom or the Sub to have (hopefully both), that leads to a healthy BDSM lifestyle.

Clear cut lists of
:white_check_mark:Yes.
:white_check_mark:No.
:white_check_mark:Maybe in the future.

(I would highly recommend you both take the Carnal Calibration test - and use the “more comments option to explain what you mean when you check something), and the BDSM Personality Quiz, to see where each other stands.

I found both of those in this forum. I posted my Results and Ms.Anony’s to the BDSM personality quiz, somewhere. And found the Carnal Calibration one from I think a post @JoCat mentioned at one point or another.

If you need links to either I can dig them up sometime tomorrow morning. I am trying to finish this real fast before she finishes cooking. :wink:

Revisiting those lists periodically will be the key point to any changes for your future. Those lists and check-ins, will be helpful for both of you. And will make sure both of you feel safe (in all meanings). I can almost promise these things will change over time if your sex life has changed over time. It’s a progression. As long as it’s a consensual one and a safe for both of you one, it’s a good one.

A word of further unsolicited advice though? :wink:

Don’t assume him throwing you around is dangerous to only you physically in his point of view. If he’s like me it may be dangerous to him (emotionally), in his point of view. Especially with the similarities that seem to exist between he and I in broad strokes with regard to the proper way to treat women from our upbringing.

She had to show me what she wanted and at times I still struggle. But we are learning and growing together. And that’s the point of any road. Right?

Cheers to your journey. May it be a happy and fruitful one, and if you wish to share details (within reason of course), and/or discuss in the future, maybe others will have different or better insight than I.

4 Likes

@Anony your reply gave me a lot to think about.

I hadn’t thought of it that way, for some reason, and it seems silly now, I didn’t realise how much I assumed being dominant was a role you kinda just step in to and more or less know what the sub would want based on common knowledge and experience.
When I put myself in to that scenario I realise that is so not true, and your mentioning about the mutual discussing expectations etc made me realise I have not taken responsibility for communicating everything I want in my own role - some things I have - otherwise I wouldn’t be on here and we wouldn’t have a box full of toys - but I do still struggle to bring stuff up just due to old habits of denying my sexuality exists.

Haha full forced application with anything we are interested in. So guilty of this, I obsess over stuff, always have. I have several other obsessions running at the same time too, it’s busy in here, so to let go for those moments and have my focus on him and what he’s doing, and in some ways helping me reconnect my mind with my body is truly addicting because not much else that is safe can do that. I’ve more or less said this to him already in so many words and I think that’s why he understands the holding down, bondage stuff works so well for me.
In general life we are mostly equals/best mates but he will pull rank on things, which I don’t mind, because he always respects me and listens to me and will admit when he is wrong. I think if he didn’t have those qualities I would not be able to resist taking control of situations. I will fill the gap if I have to. But this makes defining a natural dom/sub role in the bedroom a little difficult for us, where we work best when he’s in control and I’m not, to put it bluntly, exclusively defining our roles doesn’t really fit either, because naturally we are wholeheartedly both. We both will step up to fill the gap. So we have slipped in to what feels right but it can switch around suddenly and I’m still figuring out that this is actually exceptionally fun, if I can just get past my mental barriers. I hope that makes some sort of sense.
I mentioned this briefly to him tonight, that we have very fluid roles. I’m still figuring out how to make this work for us, but what you’ve said had added a layer of sense to our dynamic, which I appreciate.

I’m definitely going to think on this more and discuss with him. I need to get my head around what I actually want to ask of him. Along with our fluid roles and automatic “he leads, because he’s good at it (and he likes it)”, we haven’t specifically defined what we do under the heading BDSM with each other, so using terms like dom and sub is still a bit alien to us even though we operate loosely under the labels with what seems to be the most natural to us.

Re the tests, I have gone through them before, and again very recently to check if I’m missing anything but all the questions on there we’ve already discussed in our app, there’s nothing in there that isn’t already matched or noped. I can set a match as a mood and bring it up, which I will do, but it’s just getting the confidence to bring it up.
But I do have the links saved if we need a kick up the bum to remind us of what’s out there.

I’m just brain vomiting here, thanks so much for the advice and space to figure it out in my head. And sorry for hijacking the post @loist
I appreciate everyone’s insight here.

I’m also sorry somewhat for hijacking the thread by our conversation between the two of us @mrssaffa about our respective dynamics, but I think you and I have the same intention. I think we both are trying to share our experiences to try to give the “opposite side of the conversation viewpoints,” and experiences to try to shed some light of the awkwardness, confusion and misunderstandings that go along with this topic…from both pastures per se.

I would like to think our intention is not to hijack but to openly address some of the more complicated aspects of this conversation that others may feel in their own dynamics but don’t really recognize yet (possibly), without a comparative example. Or who can relate, but don’t quite have the similar mindsets you and I seem to have, with the reversal of the dynamic in our respective relationships.

I think you’re being too hard on yourself with some of your comments re: lack of responsibility, communication of what you want, assumptions about domination, and maybe most particularly “labeling it.” Our dynamic isn’t as cut and dried as I’ve apparently made it sound. And it certainly was not always easy. If I’ve given that impression, we’ll, for that I apologize. Maybe I should shed some light to clarify what I mean.

It wasn’t easy for us. And sometimes it still isn’t. I think that’s a sign you’re doing it right. If I’m not questioning something in my mind, I’m blindly believing it, and that’s my personal definition of laziness and ignorance. (Yes. I realize plenty of others are perfectly suited to fit inside your roles and I commend you for it. And if you’re one of those individuals and you keep reading you’ll quickly see why I said that about “my personal definition,” at least with regard to this topic.)

Before Ms.Anony, I was a pure Dom Pleaser. After Ms.Anony, I’ve not only learned the “darker side of sex,” in a dominant fashion, but as I’ve alluded to in other posts. I’ve learned the vulnerability (and pleasures), that comes with being in a “Submissive / Switch and or Vulnerable role,” so she could feel Dominance. As in, I may have explored anal on myself, by myself a teensy bit with regard to finding my prostate. But with Ms.Anony the trust was there to openly let her peg me. And I enjoy it, both physically and psychologically, with regard to role reversal being a semi fetish of mine as I’ve come to learn over time as a result.

Without gratuity, this kind of shows in our BDSM test results. I’m the more naturally Dominantly inclined “Switch,” (meaning fluid role swapping), and absolutely love giving her the power over me she’s never been able to feel, to empower her from the way she was treated in her past. I’ve had to teach her the intricacies of Domination, and still struggle to do so because at first all she thought was Dominant behavior was the typical “Alpha Male Aggressive Behavior/Wanna Be Alpha Overcompensation.” Either with regard to her 19 year long servitude of a “marriage,” or the things she experienced before that. This exhibited itself very early on in her actions, (particularly pegging penetration)…that didn’t sit well with me as a Dominant Individual. Even though I have realized since I love being pegged.

I’ve taught her little by little that she’s Dominant when being Submissive, when she’s focused on pleasing me. I’ve also slowly introduced Bondage, Light Choking, Sounding Play, and as I have literally the highest pain tolerance of anyone I’ve ever met (without deriving sexual pleasure from it); I’ve let her whip me and shred me to the point blood was freely running all over my body from chest to ankles and pooling rampantly. It was healthy for her to be able to do that to let out her inner rage, (it required my encouragement in the beginning, “you can go so much harder you’re not going to hurt me;” type comments, and it was healthy for me to understand how far those channels of pain ran for her.

But, maybe most importantly I’ve shown her the power she has as a Sub (in our dynamic), and how to melt me and make me give her virtually anything she’s asking for, without ever needing to deviate from the “role,” that comes most naturally to her.

Ms.Anony, is the pure Submissive who wants to be Dominant and it shows on her test result picture in terms of her D/S/Switch percentages. But that means, In fine point detail, all she’s ever been exposed to before our relationship sexually? Was either abuse, assault, or forced subservience with no…reciprocal attention, or attempt at pleasing her. So, in my Switch Role, when we swap, sometimes I’m the willing recipient of the pain she has endured, to let her feel the power that was exerted upon her against her will, that she can unleash on me with consensuality and know that she’s safe doing it whether I’m bound or not. Without fear of repercussions. Sometimes I’m the degradee, even though that’s not my bag of tea, because it’s what she needs. Sometimes I’m the penetrated. Sometimes I’m the bound. Sometimes I’m just whatever I feel she needs me to be in the moment in either D/S or Switch roles.

However, one of the parts I struggle/struggled with the most is when she asks me to do things that I know were traumatic for her to endure. As a part of the “darker side of Domination”, role. In her mind, she’s choosing to receive and experience the same traumatic experience, with someone she knows loves her, and with it being her choice. She explains this to me as an ability to re-write her past when she had no choice, no voice and no power, with our experience being one of love, and a choice with a voice, with someone she loves instead and it helps “erase,” the initial experience. I both understand that and don’t simultaneously.

I’ve learned from her leadership here with regard to my complete inability to use a public restroom after my experience with the Coma (almost 20 years ago). And the subsequent weeks of having a Nurse wheel me into the bathroom, to sometimes less gently than others shall we say, “insert,” a needle through my Urethra to empty my bladder. I’ve replaced that memory with an initial terrifying experience of sounding devices I used by myself to try to understand her mindset. At first, it was an abysmal failure is all I can say. Now though? It’s one of my preferred methods of her dominating me, if I’m being honest. (Yay Neural Networking/Re-Programming. Amirite?)

We are both utterly sexually free individuals and pretty much down for anything (ethically and consensually), we thought, In some regards, but not all. Thankfully we matched on the more severe :white_check_mark:No’s early on. A lot of the lesser severity :white_check_mark:No or :white_check_mark:Maybe in the future, are not in our future anymore and some were surprisingly fun for each of us over time, respectively. (Remember my caution that you be aware that these things would change over time?) It’s from personal experience, not a sense of having more knowledge or a lack of “naïveté,” as you unfairly described yourself.

We will both do whatever it takes to please whoever we are with before we met, and now only each other and those we meet together. She did it in a Pure Sub way and I did it in a Pure Dom (Pleaser), way. We’ve pushed each others boundaries (healthily). We have grown a whole lot as a result be it Sexually, Emotionally, or Intellectually. Most importantly to us though? We have grown Together in a Relationship, both inside and outdid the bedroom or the BDSM lifestyle.

It’s taken us years, with that (dabbling on the other side of BDSM - kinder/darker sides of love). While having expressed that as a mutual desire from one of our very first conversations that we ever had. Before we were even a couple.

The perhaps biggest problem I’ve run into in the beginning (inside the bedroom and outside), is that she is so much of a Sub. She will do whatever I say. Even if she doesn’t want to. Or she would ask me a question about what she should do, with regard to her something i have no right nor desire to decide. I casually answered with what was a common sense response to me, just to find out that she had then turned around and done exactly what I said, exactly how I said it. With things that I intended only as advice, like with regards to her two adult children as an example. I learned very quickly to give her an “Option A,B, and C if it were me, so you decide what’s right for you,” type of response the hard way.

She’s shall we politely say stunted at communicating, going back to her, “no voice, no choice, no power;” with regard to her previous “forced situation-ships,” is what I call them. And perhaps, In the beginning “unleashing her inner beast,” was…exactly that. And I had to fluidly step in while being bent over in front of her and take control back, when she was in danger of internally complicating issues for me, which wasn’t exactly easy to do. Because the worst part to me, was her obvious expressions of being rebuked, and that she felt like she was doing it wrong. Even if at times she was I didn’t want to make her feel that way as I was afraid she would be even more hesitant to try to express the Dominance she wanted and clearly needed to in the future.

Bottom line take away? Ive had to from the very beginning, weigh the statements that were almost at times pulled out out of her, seemingly against her will? But were due to her fear of open communication, despite that open communication being a requisite requirement for us entering the relationship in both of our minds and stated by both of us verbatim before entering the relationship. Either because of her initial fear of communicating or initial inability to do so; but also my statements made to her and how they may possibly affect her (either inside or outside the bedroom). From both her perspective or situation when she wasn’t able to voice her perspective, and mine, with actual equality and to ensure I wasn’t unintentionally or unknowingly taking advantage of her on accident due to her always there Submissive Nature.

I’ve had to patiently, Dominantly, Logingly teach her how to communicate both inside and outside the bedroom and outside of BDSM. Tell her she always has a choice, and a voice with me. That it’s ok to say no. That she should say no if she has the slightest twinge of hesitation.

That the way she was treated in her past isn’t ok. Why when the expression of “uhhhhh, what did you just ask me to do?”, appears on my face. That it isn’t a reflection on her or her request. But more a lack of understanding on my part of how it could potentially be emotionally healthy, and the communication required to make sure it is for her.

Even if sometimes it isn’t for me, it’s s price I’m willing to pay to help her, after a lot of deep thought and communication on the matter. (This is where I gave you that unsolicited advice on not thinking in your partners mind, that you were the only one in physical danger comment came from).

I see it as shifting some of an unbearable weight off her shoulders, and trying to help make her load a little lighter. I can analyze and understand, and choose to help her how she asks. She has no choice if I don’t help and is stuck carrying the pain by herself. There is no price I would not pay for this woman. Let’s be clear about that. At times, it has taken exactly that reminder to myself to “go against the grain.”

I would also like to point out (in my opinion), that since the conversation started with Dom/Sub/Switch language. I continued to use that language. I know I said I feel you’re being too self-critical with labelling things earlier, and I still do feel you are.

But at the same time, there’s a whole lot more to BDSM than Dom/Sub/Switch. It’s obvious if you look at both of our BDSM quiz results side by side in that thread. I’m both a Rigger and a Bunny. I’m both a Sadist (though I feel like that was with regard to the way I answered things relating to Sadism but more from the Dom/Pleaser perspective instead), and a Masochist. I’m a Dom (and all related titles almost 100%), with the exception of I think Puppy/Pet related play.

She is almost equally a Dom/Sub/and Switch. But, I feel she answered that the way she wishes she was. We’ve talked about it and she has more or less begrudgingly agreed. So, I’ve just said let’s work on making that wish a reality then.

There’s a reason AgePlay is the first thing listed on my test results. And a reason Boy/Girl is on hers. After I met her father, I understood why she called me daddy while in the throes that first time, that instantly made me almost want to hurl due to where I was raised and the prevalence of that being most women’s first … traumatic experience, shall we say.

I talked to her about it in depth afterwards. Bottom line. Even though her dad is Black/Native American and if you see my DNA ancestry I’m literally 100% Caucasian Races, with 0% undetermined. It’s because her Dad was the only one who ever understood her, and who always protected her. The rest of her family, unfortunately, did not all do the same shall we say.

That’s when I embraced being called Daddy for the first time, to a Creole Black Woman. She wasn’t the first or probably the 20th (literally), to try, irrespective of race. But with her, I have embraced it both inside and outside the bedroom. In public even at times when she slips and I’ve had to deal with the Death Glares of older Black Men afterwards. Until they see the true love that is unmistakably there.

I think of her as my LilGirl, because in many ways she is. She’s too nice, kind and understanding for this world. It’s like she’s a little ray of childlike level of bright sunshine that brightens everyone’s life, that very few people have ever taken the time to shield from the jadedness life brings. And she’s maintained the sunshine anyway. I think of it as a true testament to her inner strength. Because a lot of people would have taken a different outlook instead.

While I’m hoping none of the trauma related backstory has happened to anyone else reading this, I’m all too aware of the prevalence of its perpetration upon women (or anyone for that matter). I’m hoping to those individuals that are unfortunate enough to recognize similarities, they may be able to avoid some of the pitfalls this type of lifestyle could lead down if they don’t take the time to make sure that it won’t.

But also that they realize it may be for them, like it is for Ms.Anony, my LilGirl, a source of therapeutic catharsis when done in the way they want. With the knowledge that they are the ones in power, when they choose to relinquish control and trust someone to take care of them how they need them to. Because it is a choice they are making, as much as it’s a Doms choice to be the one that is chosen, because they are worthy of holding that trust and vulnerability and taking care of it respectfully (within each dynamics specific circumstances obviously).

@mrssaffa Considering all of that and the similarities between your husband and I, especially with regard to how we were raised to treat women. And between you and I, with what I would call our shared overly analytical / want to understand every detail like nature.

I think you can see how I’m not some omniscient source of knowledge on this topic. I’ve just struggled (a lot), with understanding what she wanted and needed due to the depth of her past trauma and the prevalence of it. Then I’ve struggled with giving her what she was asking for at times. The discomfort and concern it has caused me at various points. The reasons why. And the razor edge I’ve felt like I was treading for the majority of it with regard to her emotional well being, as well as mine (with regard to some of the things she wanted me to do to her that definitely classed as going against the grain, or my concerns they might worsen things for us as a result).

I’m no more experienced than you are possessive of naïveté . I’ve just been on the winding mountain road longer and have more vista points to look from is all. I remember where the tire went flat and what I had to do to fix it. Where I struggled to find a pit stop on a road with no shoulder. The growth we’ve shared on the road trip together. And all of the beautiful sights along the road to mountain top, which are innumerable.

I truly hope that anyone reading this, finds the same road to their own mountain top. Because mine has a wonderful view and is the source (the relationship), of the only true happiness I’ve ever found in life.

1 Like

@Anony my OH has a similar thing. He is a little scared of being too rough, hurting me or doing something I don’t want due to my past trauma and the issues it created around sex for me. I’m not going to go into details around what happened in that relationship as it is very triggering and I’m still very much healing from it.

Well fast forward to Friday night and into yesterday OH has been asking me more and more questions. Mostly what are absolute no’s and things I will never do, things I would like to try and things I really like. He has also been asked about how I want to be dominated. What I would like used on me, restraints and paddles stuff like that. During the conversation he explained about how he likes the thought of dominating me but hates the idea he of taking away my agency or triggering painful memories.

So have agreed to take it slowly as we explore the world of BDSM. We also agreed on some ground rules, to keep us both safe and happy. We set out what after care needs to look like and I explained my feelings around how he had been treating after care and apologised as he didn’t realise how important it was to me even for just normal sex. We have also agreed some verbal and nonverbal way for me to let him know I need him to stop what ever is happening. Possibly the biggest one is he wants to sit down and learn how to to dominate me safely and learn a lot more about it. All this are massive steps for us and especially for him as he finds it hard to open up.
last night we had a little go with some spanking and some orgasm denial as I had been a bad girl and was sending him dirty text while I was at work. after he called me a good girl and gave me lots of kisses, cuddles and told me he loved me. We where both big fans of this and it has put OH at ease that this is something I want and really enjoy.

2 Likes

@Sehara I’m glad you seem to be on your way to getting what you want and need from your partner. I don’t need to state the obvious with regard to making sure he’s getting the same due to your innate tendencies towards subbing. :wink:

If I could give you a single statement of advice with regard to that topic, including the other topic you have mentioned elsewhere with regards to your OH.

Communication is key to attaining it. For both his, and your reassurance of safety and mutual progression, even down roads you think may be currently inaccessible. It’s a journey, sometimes detours present themselves at the right time. :crossed_fingers:t2:

Keep at it. Sounds like you’re making good progress and I’m glad to hear it. :+1:

2 Likes

@Anony completely agree on the communication front. Looking back to has likely been the fact I’ve found it difficult to communicate my desires in that past, that had led to me becoming frustrated and him not knowing why I’m frustrated. It is something this forum has helped me with any OH has noticed that I am able to communicate my thoughts and desires better. (Im not neurotypical we suspected ADHD or autism.) communication is something I really struggle with as I sometimes I can find the right words for what I’m feeling and I can become quite side tracked quite easily and will just start talking about something else that popped into my head.

OH is also getting better at communicating with me and learning that sometimes it can be difficult for me to put my thoughts into words, and will be more patient with me. He is also getting better at keeping the conversation on track and stopping me from just rambling about what random topic has popped into my head.

Given the progress that has been made in the last week I am hopeful. We are both learning together and so far so good :blush:

2 Likes

I want to try bdsm and am stuck as with a partner that won’t experiment. Love the idea being submissive and hurt any suggestions how to satisfy myself without hurting her