Advice on drying dildos

We have quite a large sex toy collection, made up mostly of dildos, after cleaning them I go to dry them and they always end up covered in lint, tried microfiber cloths and towels so far and some of the toys are worse for it than others. Any suggestions on drying them without getting them covered in lint? I’ve air dried them but this isn’t very practical as we have young ones running around and it’s not like you can hang them on the washing line or leave them in the sun on the window ledge.

2 Likes

I only air dry mine but I don’t have to worry about anyone seeing them. Could you leave them to air dry in your bedroom and just close the door?

3 Likes

It’s not easy especially the fact I got a number of large dildos which I use for pegging and 2 curious daughters - but washing them is a problem - but I dry mine with a hairdryer and then place each into it’s own clear plastic bag

1 Like

This is sort of what I did, I have them in a cupboard so I just left the cupboard door open but it’s not ideal because of the youngsters!

1 Like

The plastic bags is a good idea, I read on the love honey guide you shouldn’t use a hair dryer though but I can’t see the harm personally if it’s a low heat or something.

I have never had a problem drying my toys with a hairdryer and I use a low setting

The other option is to leave them to dry naturally- but try to explain a 8 inch dildo to a teenage daughter or what would your neighbour say if they saw it .

:astonished:

1 Like

I only air dry mine. If dry window fully open on bathroom window sill.

If raining outside then window cracked a tiny bit open to let some air in and not the rain.

We have children too but normally plan to use them with enough drying time factored in.

Our dildos, butt plugs and vibrating cock rings don’t take too long to air dry.

My vibrating masturbators take a bit longer.

1 Like

“it’s erm…for educational purposes”

I tried using kitchen towel as well but that was bad for lint too. I don’t know if lint really matters but it’s my wife’s wazu not mine so I don’t want to give her an intention or anything. I wish they all came with bags!

I think washing them beforehand and then letting them air dry is the main problem, our bathroom windowsill isn’t big enough either to keep them on but something to think about!

1 Like

How about a quick blast from a hair drier??

Yeah I’m thinking that might be the next option!

1 Like

Have you tried kitchen roll?

1 Like

I’ve used old T-shirts before to dry… Works ok.

Now I just keep a stack of old hands towels in a fabric bin at the foot of my bed.
I use spray toy cleaner and douse them… wipe down completely with a towel until dry. Sometimes repeat.
I keep all my rechargeable boyfriends in that box at the bottom… put towels on top. All the charge cords are in a fabric, pull string cotton pouch.
Works extremely well and looks very innocent.

( I owned a salon… I have an abundance of hand towels. After 3 decades… Absolutely no lint :joy:)

1 Like

Hmmm.
We wash before and after every use of any toy.
My wife is crazy sensitive to anything.
But we usually just use a clean towel to dry.
Hasn’t been a problem.
I do have wipes from LH for toys.
Quick wipe before use?

On a cool setting - if 1 cold 2 warm and 3 hot air for example don’t go above the warm. Even a few seconds with cold air dryer might help or a warm blast.

Maybe I should ask a salon if they have any spare! “What do you need them for?”…to dry…my…car? Possibly?

1 Like

Yeah that was probably the worst result in terms of lint but it might be specific toys that have the issue with kitchen towel, or might be because it’s really bad kitchen towel lol

2 Likes

I was thinking about the wipes but they seem really expensive for a pack of 25

2 Likes

They aren’t cheap.
But they are good. These ones

1 Like