Age and sex drive

Hi all,

I was just thinking the other day that as I get older my sex drive is increasing. I'm in my 50s and I seem to be desiring sex even more nowdays, you'd think that it might be the other way around, anyone else experiencing this?.

Regards

M4S

M4Sex I can absolutely agree with you, Ive just got to my 40's and Im way more sexual than I ever was in my early teens and 20's.

My drive is so high some days I cant stop thinking of it. I thought there was something wrong with me at first and yes it does have something to do with female hormones and menopause etc, but I feel a huge part is because we know our bodies intimately.

Ive been with my partner for 24 years so we know exactly what works for us and exactly what we like and dont like.

We are more experimental and contented we dont have body issues with each other so you dont have any emotional barriers.

The sexual confidence shows with both of us. I have actually got a better body now than i did back in my teens as Ive really had to work at keeping myself toned, plus Ive enjoyed doing it and my confidence has soared.

I explain about this in my blog and Im in the middle of writing an article about the Fab 40's and 50's. As I hear about this so often and women think something is wrong with them.

Problems only seem to arise if our OH arnt on the same wave length, mens sex drives start to die down a bit in the 40-50's.

Im lucky in the respect my OH is loving my new body and sexual confidence; Im feeling free-er as a person too; his always had a high sexdrive so Im enjoying finally after all our years together matching his drive.

Dont worry about this is absolutely normal, just enjoy, its great to know your body and your partners so well.

THANK HEAVENS I'M NOT ALONE!!!! :)

Fortunately my OH is experiencing the same thing. We both think about sex more and more and we are enjoying the best sex and fun we've ever had. As a man in my 50's I'm going the other way with my libido increasing with age :)

Kind regards

"Happy of Surrey" :)

I am in my early 40's and have a much higher sex drive than when I was younger. Want to be more experimental too!

Mad4sex Mr Happy of Surrey; no your certainly not alone; theres so many of us hitting our age and feeling great about sex.

Your lucky as most men's sex drives start to peeter after 40 they say, so thats brilliant you can both enjoy this sexy time together.

Dee its great to hear you are too are enjoying the perks of being 40+......yay its good to know there are some as I was dreading my 40 years and hated my birthday. Yes you have to get more experimental you wont regret it I promise you.

Ive never felt so alive during sex and were so adventurous and experimental; I almost feel guilty for feeling not like this sooner, but it takes getting to our age to learn about each others bodies and be happy in our own skin.

I personally feel like a new woman and I hope you guys do too.

Always had a fairly high sex drive. Hit 40 and it gets higher every day. I think the sex I have now is better than my 20's I know what I want and how to get it :)

Hi Blondi1,

I agree, the older one gets the more comfortable one can become with both one's own and one's partner's bodies and also their sexual likes and dislikes. We both love shopping at LH it has opened a whole Pandora's box of tricks that just weren't there when we were younger. We've had so much fun trying new things that we both always wanted to try but never had the opportunity.

Kind regards

M4S

Hard to say. I'm finding it pretty much impossible to date now that I'm 44, especially with being too ill to work. So I think it's still as strong as ever, just the other circumstances have changed and figuring out what's what is tricky.

I'm really looking forward to my birthdays now.

make you happy happy birthdays to you

Well - I was pretty promiscuous (always safe) in my late teens/early 20s but since 25 there's only been 3. My then boyfriend (4 years), my ex husband and my last boyfriend (who I dated for a year - been single for a while now).

I met my husband at 26 (1998) and initially our sex life was pretty good - in the early days we were pretty much all over each other. Then real life hit in, and he treated me pretty poorly and the first thing to leave our marriage was our sex life. Basically between 2003 - 2009 I had sex about 10 times in total - the first of those times he raped me, and the remaining 9 were pregnancy attempts. I have 2 amazing children as a result of that.

However, in 2009 I left him and met someone else and after years of thinking that I'd never have sex again, I was terrified of getting into an intimate situation. I was liberated while I was being taken off the side of the bed (unexpectedly) and I discovered that not only did I enjoy sex, that I was pretty damn good at it. In the past 2 years (I'm now 39) I've climaxed more than I have in my entire married life.

I'm now at a point where I've found myself single, and am looking forward to letting a man into my life again, because I have a lot to give, and a whole lot that I want to receive.

In the meantime - lh are doing a great job with their toys x

At 42 I'm loving sex more than ever. Being with the right person definitely adds to it as does practice over the years which all comes with age! My OH is 49 and really puts me through my paces! Too much energy! Lol SG x

I've just turned 35, and my drive has been increasing over the last couple of years. My husband is 49 and his is seriously declining........very frustrating!

Lost you on Chat Bumble?

Hello to you all, i am new to this site, well a few weeks in now, and regarding sex drive in later years, I am now 60, yes 60 and i have found a new zest in our sex drive due to the fact it was waining but we have bought a few things from this lovely site, and by golly it certainly has improved our sex drive, 4--5 times a week now and its brilliant, thanks for listening

i have also found that my sex drive has increased with age, i am 40 now and i cant get enough any more, i cant remember it every being this intense.

29 and a very high sex drive for a woman (so I have been told)

Same thing for me ...late 40s and sex drive has defenately increased. not just me!!hubby too which is a bonus.I enjoy every minute and making the most of it,5-6 times a week and some nights more then once!who said life begins at 40 was so right, I enjoy sex a lot more now

Oh lol, I'm only 19. I feel like a baby!

My sex drive is quite low, but that's only since I got the implant. I've been trying to see ways for me to get it back!

See, when I actually have sex, it's wonderful and amazing and la la la. But if he's not initiating, I'm not too bothered. And I don't understand this and neither does he. The orgasms I have are mind blowing but neither of us can see why I don't crave them.

Any tips?

Vixxytoi wrote:

Oh lol, I'm only 19. I feel like a baby!

My sex drive is quite low, but that's only since I got the implant. I've been trying to see ways for me to get it back!

See, when I actually have sex, it's wonderful and amazing and la la la. But if he's not initiating, I'm not too bothered. And I don't understand this and neither does he. The orgasms I have are mind blowing but neither of us can see why I don't crave them.

Any tips?

I have the EXACT problem, I too have the implant. And found since I've had it, my sex drive hasn't been as high. This shoould be a notable side effect of the contraception that the doctor didn't mention. I actually had to go look for it myself and trust in the web!

I'm not planning in getting rid of it (until it needs changing) but maybe an alternative could be to go on contraceptive injections? Apparently that doesn't affect your sex drive like the implant does. I wouldn't personally do this as I have a terrible fear of needles lol. It took all my heart and soul to even get the implant lol.