Age and sex drive

I am 20, my partner is 23.

We have high sex drives but due to circumstances then actually having sex all the time is impossible. We would have sex more though if we were able to.

I'm 45 and see no signs of my sex drive disappearing.

I'm nearly 38 and my sex drive increases each day.

When ex hubby and I were going to relate, the lack of sex came up - hub thought once a month was more than enough.

She asked me how often I would like to have sex and when I replied at least once every day - she made a few notes and wanted to refer me to a sex therapist!!!!

Lukily my new partner has a similar sex drive to me, but also buys me lots of toys for when he really cant face it again;)

I am 40 and my sex drive has never been stronger. When I had my second child I went off sex for about 6 years, but I am certainly making up for it now.

Haywire wrote:

Vixxytoi wrote:

Oh lol, I'm only 19. I feel like a baby!

My sex drive is quite low, but that's only since I got the implant. I've been trying to see ways for me to get it back!

See, when I actually have sex, it's wonderful and amazing and la la la. But if he's not initiating, I'm not too bothered. And I don't understand this and neither does he. The orgasms I have are mind blowing but neither of us can see why I don't crave them.

Any tips?

I have the EXACT problem, I too have the implant. And found since I've had it, my sex drive hasn't been as high. This shoould be a notable side effect of the contraception that the doctor didn't mention. I actually had to go look for it myself and trust in the web!

I'm not planning in getting rid of it (until it needs changing) but maybe an alternative could be to go on contraceptive injections? Apparently that doesn't affect your sex drive like the implant does. I wouldn't personally do this as I have a terrible fear of needles lol. It took all my heart and soul to even get the implant lol.

I'm 20 and I kinda have the same sort of thing! However I'm not on the implant, the combined pill instead as the implant had other side effects for me. With the pill I'm on it does list a decreased sex drive as a side effect which is a bit annoying! Maybe its the pharmaceutical companies way of making people have less sex so it looks like their contraceptives have a higher success rate! (I know this isnt actually the case lol)

x x x

Haywire wrote:

I'm not planning in getting rid of it (until it needs changing) but maybe an alternative could be to go on contraceptive injections? Apparently that doesn't affect your sex drive like the implant does. I wouldn't personally do this as I have a terrible fear of needles lol. It took all my heart and soul to even get the implant lol.

My GF has the injections (you have one every three months) and no, it definately hasn't stopped her sex drive :D

I'm 32 and its getting higher, I want to try a lot more new things too, which I didnt want to or was scared of before

38 and horny for sex pretty much 24/7!! Always had a high drive, but it's getting higher!!!

Well, see. I was on the depo provera injections and my sex drive was worse than now!
Not sure what to do, maybe it'll get better over time.

I'm 32 and have a ridiculous sex drive...I sometimes think about me thinking about sex!! My OH is 30 and has no sex drive to speak of....now I would go long with Vixxytoi, totallylanb and Haywire and think it has some relation to contraception but as we're now married and I'm completly sterile (have been thanks to puberty) she hasn't used cantraception since just after we got together. She just doesn't see sex or anything relating to sex as interesting, never gets horny and often says she has to make herslef get horny as she loves having an orgasm!

Im 18, 19 in november and i really dont know how my sex drive can get any higher.

38 and its very high, much higher now than when i was married!

I'm 55 and my sex drive is much higher than it was thirty years ago. I'd like to see more written about this, as I get sick of the assumption that all menopausal women go off sex!

I don't think I've ever had a proper orgasm, and whereas I didn't care before, now I would like to experience one before I die. No luck so far, just can't seem to "get there", and my age means that I need tons of lube, which is a nusiance. Oh how I wish I'd been this keen when I was young!

My sex drive has certainly increased since my teens, i am 26 now. I never use to experience orgasms in my teens. And now these days i get horny all the time, hense why i want to end my relationship as i dont like my OH in that way anymore.

my sex drive is better now i am older, think its because i am always thinking about new things to try and more naughtier things to do

I stopped taking the pill 3 years ago and since then my sex drive has gone through the roof! When I turned 25 last year I noticed an increase again. It's just getting better and better. When I was 20 I had sex maybe once a month and then it was pretty crap, too. Now I could have it 4-5 times a day and usually come quicker than the guy! In general I think women enjoy sex more the older they get :)

I certainly have better sex now than I ever did, but I am not so sure it is because my sex drive is higher. I think for me I just know what I want and with that found, by chance the right partner to share it with.

Life gets in the way from having the quantity I'd really like, but I certainly have the quality I previously never had.

I'm 43 and he is 30.

51 and still horny as hell! But once is usually enough - well, once in the morning & once at night. Maybe a quickie in the afternoon...

Just about to hit 40 and wife is 32 and having a young child definately hits the sex life. The thoughts are there but finding the energy is a different matter.

My sex drive is higher now then its ever been and i thing that's down to having a fantastic horny wife we are at it all the time, i am 50 and my wife is 41.