Any cricket fans out there?

So I've got some spare cash which is rare and thought I'd treat the OH, who is a GIANT cricket fan to Lords Test Match Tickets as a surprise/thankyou for being great while i've been off work etc although I have no clue about the best seats and all that.... any clues.

Im also a bit worried he'd rather do it with his friends instead of dragging little miss clueless along!

Not really sure about cricket myself.

However, I am sure your OH will love having you around, yes his mates may know more things but your his partner and you have given him a gift he will really appreciate. Besides, from my experience most men wont mind explaining the rules, they usually love to talk lol. Just mmmm in the right bits and you will be fine!

lolol thanks MM.... I'm going for the Afternoon Tea Hamper! lol.... haha

Oh wow I am so jealous! Lords is the home of cricket and reeks of tradition and history.

I'm a huge cricket fan - I'm off to Cardiff tomorrow for day three of the first test match.

Part of the Lords experience is just to be there. It's not cheap but if the weather is good then it will be a wonderful day. Try the Lords.org website for tickets; there are still some left for the second day onwards (next Friday).

I'm sure that he'd be thrilled to go with you, especially as your thoughfulness is at the root of this.

One warning, take your own food. The cost of the tickets plus food inside the ground will knock a huge hole in £200.

Well.... There are tickets left for next Saturday. They are for the Tavern Concourse and they aren't THAT expensive plus I thought a hamper....

Im hoping the tickets are still there on Tuesday when its pay day!!!!

The Tavern Concourse will provide an excellent view:

http://www.lords.org/data/files/map-of-lords-5-5-2010-9990.pdf

Have a great day!

waiting on the pay to arrive then i will buy those babies!!!! dont think he has a clue... even though i text going you free next week... all day... no hangovers.

Lords is an experience in itself wherever you sit, and tickets for tests usually sell out half a year in advance. Enjoy, it's a nice day out! :)

Step one of play : Sky Sports is now active on my cable for the whole time....