Anyone had a sudden increase in sex drive?

Hi im new to this and been lingering and a bit scared to post lol.
Im a 41 year old woman been with same partner for over 25 years. So heres the thing my sex drive seems to have suddely gone through the roof :flushed:. Cant seem to get enough. Just not like me at all. Has anyone experienced the same?

10 Likes

Hi @hott welcome

1 Like

Hi @Hott . Yes, but mine was triggered by changing to a far less stressful job.

5 Likes

Hi and welcome @Hott
My wifes sex drive also went through the roof a couple of years ago at a similar age to you. She went from rarely wanting sex, to wanting sex on a daily basis, i actually struggled to keep up with her at first. She now also has a suitcase full of toys. 2 years ago she wouldnt even talk about buying one.

6 Likes

This sounds great, grasp it and go with it. I’m sure you partner will be over joyed. Luck you. @Hott (i’m very jealous)

1 Like

My sex drive increases greatly when there is a full Moon. The waxing and waning of the Moon corresponds with my erections. I love the Moon, big influence on my life in a good way.

2 Likes

Hello :wave:

2 Likes

I am in my late thirties and have also had this happen over the past two years … embrace it !

2 Likes

We’ve been together for 15 years, and our sex life was good, couple of times a week standard missionary position, bit of foreplay.

Skip to February last year, that’s when I found LH. We’ve now got loads and loads of bondage, toys, and lingerie. We’re exploring so much of our sex life, and discovered there’s quite a few kinks we love :smirk: we’ve taken on the dom/sub role and absolutely love it, and having plenty of fun trying new things along the way. And it’s definitely increased my body confidence too.
So I can safely say mine’s gone through the roof too, don’t hear him complaining though, he’s never had so many blowjobs :joy:

5 Likes

Ooooh very nice for your hubby

1 Like

Hi and welcome @Hott :wave: Yes, I’m a similar age and this has happened to me too. It started in July and is still going strong :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I didn’t really bother with sex but when I found LH this time last year, my sex drive went through the roof

5 Likes

Hey welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face: it’s usually a natural thing for people to get sudden increases of hormones to activate a heightened sex drive. Tends to come in dips and dives throughout life.

2 Likes

Yep my wifes the same(45) pitty its hard to keep up in all senses

2 Likes

Had the same thing at 31. Though for me i think it was mainly my body finally adjusting to counteract my meds effect on my libido.

Either way, changes to libido seem to be normal overtime. If its not effecting you negatively, i wouldn’t worry about it.

2 Likes

Like you we married young and had hit a low ebb sexually and this may have been one of the reasons we had a surge in our mid 40’s and tried things which we had only fantasied about. Now in our 60’s our love life has again changed and in no small part to lovehoney.

6 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum. I do think sexual thoughts and desires run in cycles. A lot of it depends of course what is going on in your life. I find that if I have time alone, my mind goes right to sex and masturbation. It can be varied with a toy, a vacuum, in the hot tub whatever. The full moon drives me sexually crazy, just hope I don’t turn into a werewolf, I find it all very exciting and want to experience everything. Whether it is sucking a penis and swallowing cum or a clitoris or anal sex or dom I am all for it.

3 Likes

I’m 39 and my wife is 45 with two children. Over the past 3 years since discovering sex toys and lovehoney our sex drive and sex frequency and spice has gone up a lot.

We’ve done lots of new things.

Recently played the xconfessions app game for suggesting / matching new things to try.

We plan and do some great sex sessions now! Enjoy :smile:

2 Likes

The opposite - totally plummeted. Can’t work out if it’s my increased SSRI dosage, long-covid playing havoc again or weight gain :thinking:

1 Like

Welcome @Hott
I haven’t experienced that yet, but I do hope I will! Enjoy! :laughing:

3 Likes