Are glass dildos really worth the hype?

So being new to the forums I couldnt help but notice quite a few people on here rave about glass toys. And the Icicles No 24 Tentacle Glass Dildo 6 Inch has caught my attention (although this is out of my price range but I can always save up my pennies). The unique design seems like it would be thrilling for me since I've never owned anything fantasy like.
But I've always relied on toys with a buzz to get me going, I find it really hard to orgasm unless I have clitoral stimulation as well so I'm wondering if glass toys would suite me. So I was just reaching out to see what all the lovehoney lovelies had to say about them 😇

I love my glass dildos. If you Like clit stim, perhaps add a bullet into the mix?

I love glas toys, I enjoy temperature play, particularly cold. They are very easy to clean and will last you a lifetime. I also like the full feeling you can get from a larger glass dildo. They are heavy and feel satisfying, as well as playing with your gspot.

If you like clit stimulation like you have said you might really like some temperature play with a textured glass dildo, like the tentacle one you mentioned, but you can always add a bullet or vibrator into the situation if the glass is not doing it enough for you.

I bought a glass toy with a butt plug on one side for my gf but it turned out this was the wrong thing to start exploring anal play with mainly due to the temperature as apertures tend to contract with cold. But for sheer cleanliness and ease of use they are no doubt the best choice.
Maybe I'll have another look... :)

Maybe not the best for starting out with anal play.

But yes! Definitely worth the hype!

Glass toys are most definitely worth the hype we own about 6-7 glass toys and they offer so much in play. The temperature play is a great added bonus with being able to have them hot or cold or together in one session to switch between cold and hot. If you go on my page you will be able to read all my reviews on the glass toys we own.

Yes!! They're such a different experience to anything else! I'm not a huge fan of buzz though so if that's your thing then it might not be what gets you off. But I would definitely recommend trying one, maybe wait till one pops up on offer or DOTD.

Yes, yes, yes! They're a very popular choice for a reason x

I'm beginning to think that nothing - in all walks of life - is ever worth the hype. Generally, the bigger the hype, the bigger my expectations, the bigger my disappointment. With very, very few exceptions...

That said, I wouldn't return (or otherwise get rid of) my glass dildo, even if I don't use it all that often (I prefer softer and vibrating toys). But one is pretty much enough for me, I feel no desire to have a collection of them (even though there's many very, very pretty ones. And I'm still wondering about the no. 39 twist and turn...).

But if you simply like the look of the no. 24 tentacles, (and can afford it) go for it! Buying a cheaper one (do Icicles dildos ever come up on special offers?) probably won't help - unless you discover you do want to start a collection... I wonder whether it would be possible to put a bullet vibe or love egg into the finger loop to create a vibrating glass dildo?

In a worst-case scenario, you could always use the dildo - which doesn't really look like one - as a beautiful paperweight...

Short answer? YES!!!

There's no material that can really compare to glass, it's solid and weighted, with the option for temperature play and.. so deliciously filling!

Glass is very popular, and is so for a reason.

Don't second guess it, just purchase one. Or a fuckload of them lol

Kittycat102 wrote:

NO! Don't do that, you'll get addicted and...

Wait, ignore me. Do it. :P

Shadow Collector wrote:

Kittycat102 wrote:

NO! Don't do that, you'll get addicted and...

Wait, ignore me. Do it. :P

Yes ignore her :P

Not to mention that unless you hurl them against a block of concrete (with all your might and preferably from a third-floor window), they are likely to last a lifetime without ever getting mouldy, yucky or misshapen.

Briona87 wrote:

Not to mention that unless you hurl them against a block of concrete (with all your might and preferably from a third-floor window), they are likely to last a lifetime without ever getting mouldy, yucky or misshapen.

As my friend, who managed to knock one off a shelf in an Amsterdam sex shop on to a concrete floor, will attest to.

(He also managed to hit his head off the ceiling as we left!)

Shadow Collector wrote:

Briona87 wrote:

As my friend, who managed to knock one off a shelf in an Amsterdam sex shop on to a concrete floor, will attest to.

(He also managed to hit his head off the ceiling as we left!)

I remember you have mentioned this story before, saying the shop assistant actuallly went to check whether the floor was okay ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

Oh wow looks like I'm going to have to buy one! Lol
I think I'll wait for another % off offer code to come my way and start saving my change for it. Thank you everyone you defiantly got my mind made up 😂

The Tracey Cox set would be good for your first glass dildos. They often go on sale but you can use a discount code, you know. Just search around online and you'll find one :)

Oooh they definitely are worh their price! If you like the shape of the dildo, and unless you crack it, they do last a life time, without them getting in bad shape. Also they are really brilliant for temperature play. I like mine cold, but some like to warm them up in warm water before the play.

If you are tempted by one, I would suggest you try it. With LH return policy, in worse case scenario, you return it back. But I so far kept all mine ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

They are just beautiful, and feel amazing