Are metal dildos worth trying for someone who's just curious?

So for quite a while now ive been curious about trying a metal dildo like the njoy pure wand or the new Le wand hoop. As someones who’s disabled im not really into anal play as I find it awkward/difficult to get into positions. Ive always been intrigued by p-spot orgams so in the past ive tried beginners p-spot butt plugs and a couple of dildos which although felt nice I didn’t find it amazing, probably because I couldn’t hit the right spot.

For something that cost around £120 or more im finding it difficult to actually buy one. Theres is a returns policy but again as im disabled I find it difficult to carry things back into town and go inside busy shops.

1 Like

I have an imitation version of the Njoy (basically same size and weight).

Although I use the fake Njoy more for vaginal play, I have tried what I’m going to say anally and it works for me but obviously everyone is different.

I find being on my back, with my top after propped up a little quite a good position and the curve and length not only reached the spots I was looking for but made controlling it very easy too (it felt a bit like a joystick :rofl: ). It may take a little reaching forward though, depending on your body type and arm length.

It is very heavy though. I really like the feel of the weight but it can take a bit of getting used to, particularly for your arms. But it does allow you to get a lot of pressure on your prostate without too much force.

If you want to try it, I do think the Njoy or the Hoop would be the right shape and size to go for (the Le Wand Bow is smaller).

In terms of returning it if you don’t get on with it, Royal Mail do have a parcel collection service although you might end up having to pay for the return. If you decide to go for it, it could be worth having a chat with customer services to see if they have any advice (id say email them so they can think about the reply rather than phone/live chat where they have to come up with an answer on the spot.)

1 Like

I definitely would recommend steel to anyone, as the weight makes it very easy to apply pressure anywhere. It’s definitely an arm workout though, and as I don’t know your condition I would recommend having a think about if you’d be able to handle it before purchasing (though a longer handle might make using it for anal easier to reach there and allow for more maneuverability). If you use the sex toy happiness promise you won’t have to send it back (at least I haven’t had to), as all they’d do is recycle/bin it so the’ve just been asking people to recycle/discard of them themselves, so no need to stress about the returns process. If they did make you send it back Royal Mail is doing free parcel collection through the end of May :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

2 Likes

@Calie @rosiedosie I could alway use it for weight lifting if it doesn’t work out :rofl:

My body type is slim with average length arms so I don’t really have an issue there.

Its my birthday in 10 days so I might just bite the bullet and go for it with the b’day discount if I receive one.

I think im leaning more towards the njoy as it has a slightly bigger head on the larger end.

2 Likes

They’re supposed to send the first email with the birthday discount about a week before your birthday (so you can get your toys in time :wink:), so if you haven’t received it in a few days I’d definitely drop a quick message on live chat and they should sort you out with a code no problem :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: (You could definitely repurpose it that way, steel toys can get really up there in weight :joy:)

1 Like

The njoy is 680 grams where’s the le wand is 630 so not much difference.

There are a few other metal dildos with different shapes and blobs on but I think Im more into the smoother style :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If you do want something lighter, glass and metal share many of the same properties.
Binus with metal though is if you drop it on a hard floor, as long as your toe isnt in the way, everything’s still good

2 Likes

Apart from a broken tale which I have lol. I have a slight fear about glass breaking even though it shouldn’t but at the same time im a bit clumsy at times so best not too. Although they have some very pretty glass dildos

1 Like

I think there have been a few stories on here about people dropping their glass toys and them surviving. Most glass toys are borosilicate, which is the same type of heat resistant glass kitchen items are made from. I’ve dropped a borosilicate bowl on laminate and it survived, but also dropped one on tile and it did not, so probably depends on what you drop them on as well (though toys are thicker than bowls so they’d probably fare better) :sweat_smile: Though it definitely wouldn’t be a worry with steel :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Metal is the best, you’ll likely not look back if you hit the spot that is :smirk: although with you saying about not enjoying it that much with what you’ve tried it’s worth considering trying a nice glass piece first. It won’t break, well it’s highly unlikely to as they use this industrial style glass. It’s a cheaper alternative to metal the only real difference is weight and metal holds temperature for longer. If you’re unsure go for glass it will be a good indicator of whether metals for you :+1::smirk:

It’s a definite recommendation on the Njoy Purd Wand from me. Once you get the technique right it doesn’t need much movement to produce some really good results, so it’s not as arm intensive as you might think

Ive always wanted a pure wand, but ive got a fatigue condition. How heavy is it in practice? Alot of the reviews mention their arms getting tired, is it really that weighty?

It is indeed a fair weight, at least for a sex toy. But there’s positions you can use to negate that.

I tend to lie on my back, propped up on a load of pillows, then make tiny movements using my finger tips, rather than grasping it, with the bigger end especially this really gets my p-spot flowing. I’d imagine it’d be the same for a g-spot.

Alternatively you could trap it between your legs and move them to move it. Or lie on your front, with one end inserted and the other resting on the bed, so it’s like a rainbow and let gravity assist , thrusting would help here too.

:thinking: hmm, lots of good ideas to consider. Thanks dude :+1: much appreciated.
Still trying to crack g spot orgasms. Can do a blended one and A-spot is no problem, but pure g spot eludes me (might not actually be possible, it isnt for everyone, isnt going to stop me from trying though) hoping a more solid g spot toy may help.

I’ve read rave reviews online from female writers when I was researching it years ago. So it sounds like it may really help you on that particular journey. And yeah the fun is in the trying.

1 Like

May also be technique to be fair, more practice and all that. All i do is build up till i feel like my head is going to come off, and then jam there. Which is simultaneously awesome and immensely frustrating :laughing:

I’m same with my own prostate play at times, it tools me about 7 years to finally start having prostate orgasms. Though I’ve had a lot of fun on the journey.

Relaxation has been key at least for me, like not trying to force it, almost meditating into it. And just enjoying the feelings I’m generating.

Wow, thats serious perseverance dude. Bet it was worth the wait though.
For me, meds are in the mix annoyingly, i often find i have to learn how to have a sort of orgasm the first time before i get anything for my effort. Im hoping g spot is in this category :crossed_fingers:

Oh yeah, the persistence has definitely paid off. When that O hits, it’s something else. I had a fantastic session with the Njoy this morning, my next goal is a full wet orgasm with it

1 Like

So I don’t have personal experience with this but apparently they are supposed to be very good for g spit stimulation