Are old men perverts?

Pretty much all men are perverts its just more obvious as they get old. Most women love a perv too especially on another attractive woman.

There is a difference between a pervert and a sexually active or sexually interested person. A pervert at any age is a person who does inappropriate sexual related actions that upset or harm another person.

Everyone’s sexual interests change over time along with level of drive. Men’s hormone levels change with age too and I don’t think it is given enough attention and understanding as women get. These hormone changes impact not only drive but also sexual interests. I think some of these sexual interest changes are incorrectly taken as the man becoming a pervert.

Neither do I.

To me, it’s normal, natural, biological.

2 Likes

Well .. I’ve seen it in cases of Frontotemperal dementia and tumours of the same. Not to mention the frequent brain damage due to Covid, sinus or other infections entering via the nose. And I suppose with general ageing that part of the brain can deteriorate excessively.

The inhibitions and much of what made their personality starts to fade and their more basic emotions and instincts are less tempered. They can become more aggressive, absent with brain fog and uninhibited. ie. pervy.

But its not really them. Its the absence of them.

2 Likes

Agree with others than some forms of dementia can cause an altered sexual appetite. Some medications can do similar too (Parkinson’s disease medication is, I think, one of these).

Although I will add that having been in care homes professionally many times in the last two decades it is definitely not just the men. There is plenty of sexual activity going on between residents. I have also had a few occasions where older female residents have said some fairly explicit things to me.

1 Like

I suppose having a good sex drive and wanting it more than once over a weekend ( or even the same day) qualifies a man as a pervert. If that’s the case, I guess I am one, and not apologizing for it.

2 Likes

Bit of a sweeping statement, what defines being a pervert?

Wanting sex more frequently is not perverted it is just having the freedom you might not have had when you were younger.

It sounds to me as through someone is discussing a mismatch in sex drives.

I don’t think you can put an age of the time frame. If me liking sexual activity/encounters as often as possible means I am perverted then I am. All my adult life i’ve been like that

I Am…wanna see my etchings ?

I just remembered, when I was about 18 I went with a friend to see her grandparents who lived in Salisbury and we stayed overnight. We were both in the same room sharing a double bed. In the morning her grandfather came in with cups of tea for us both and he sat on the side of the bed next to me. He then put his hand under the covers, but I didn’t know that until I felt his hand on my hip. I jumped up and he nearly knocked the tea over and he scurried off. My friend asked what happened and I told her what he had done, she said he can be a bit pervy (thanks for the warning) we left shortly after thank goodness.

2 Likes

I’m sorry for you, what an a-hole. Some old men ARE perverts it seems.

1 Like

A bit??? :face_without_mouth:

Yes not quite what I said more like he’s a f**king dirty old man and I’m not staying here another night.

4 Likes

Absolutely, they issue id card at seventy to the dirty old men club..

Bugger I’ve already got mine at 42

First off, I’m 67, so I know. Second, I am a PROvert! I’m good at it!

What is perverted and what isn’t? Something you like in the bedroom (or the dungeon, workshop, etc) might sound perverted as hell to me. But I might still try it. If it’s legal, it isn’t perverted. Using a feather isn’t perverted. Using the whole chicken is!

I was just reading a thread on urethral play. Most of the people with penises thought it was just unthinkable. Sounding rods and plugs are one of the most intense orgasms you will ever have. Guaranteed. Don’t call it wrong until you’ve tried it.

There are various definitions of pervert and these include someone whose sexual behaviour is considered abnormal, unnatural or socially unacceptable, strange, wrong or harmful.

Obviously we can all agree on what actions and activities are unacceptable, but beyond that, it can often be a matter of opinion. One person’s idea of a perversion can be perfectly ok for someone else. I’m sure that many of the activities that people describe getting up to on the forum might well be viewed as perverted by those outside.

In my case, my interest in and enjoyment of female lingerie could well be looked on as abnormal by some. As I write this, I am wearing a lovely, lacy babydoll nightie. Does this make me an old pervert? :grin:. The general rule though should be that, as long as something is consensual or is not harmful to anyone, it should be acceptable.

Regarding the specific question raised for this topic, an interest in sex is not in itself a perversion. It will depend on what actions result from that. As someone else has mentioned, there may well be a mismatch in expectations and interests between partners. This can happen at any age and can be a difficult area to navigate for those involved.

Overall, an active and healthy sex life is obviously something to be enjoyed for as long as possible, and in whichever way we choose, without worrying about whether it could be viewed as abnormal by others. May we all continue to enjoy our ā€˜perversions’ into a ripe old age!! :face_savoring_food::blush:

1 Like

Aren’t forum topics meant to be NOT gender specific? Why is an older man with a much younger partner looked down upon as a dirty old man, but an older woman with a much younger partner is admired as a cougar? Different people have different sex drives wether old or young, male or female, gay or straight. Giving one demographic a derogatory name is just wrong.

3 Likes

All men like a fit, attractive young woman. All men are still young (ish) in their own heads.

Whether someone is a pervert largely exists in the head of the person being ā€˜perved’ on.

The main difference as to whether a man is judged to be a pervert is quite honestly whether the object of his desires likes him back. A 25 year old woman getting attention for a 60 year old man calls him a pervert / creep etc, the exact same situation with a decent looking 28 year old and she’s all into him.

It stacks up with genders reversed too, but is less common.

Really need to define pervert.

Sitting in a park looking at a playground, definitely yes.

An attractive peron stealing focus from time to time, no that’s pretty normal.

As gym/yoga pants are thr norm now, I’d be a hypocrite if I said I’ve never had my head turned on occasion for an admiring glance.

Just because I looked, doesn’t make me a pervert.

Ben

Soon to be 43, married with 2 kids. Shit sex life.

3 Likes