Are pubes making a comeback?

I have always been shaved downstairs and it has always seemed to be the most popular style in my age group, just 30+. Recently I've noticed at the gym a number of ladies and girls. probably a little younger sporting some very well manicured and clearly styled but thick bush! Is anyone else doing this and is having some pubic hair making a comeback?

Ive heard this too!! appreantly theres a service you can get similiar to getting your head hair done!!! Its crazy

[I think that's] Gross. I keep it shaved, makes things easier/less messy. I think I'll leave that new trend to the younger girls.

I've currently got a bush going on. But thats only in preparation for my wax. It looks like the 80s and on me. It aint pretty xD

Its like fashion, trends change. For instance I have suddenly become trendy by sporting a beard although I have had one for the last 4 years.

IIRC correctly Dakota Johnson had a full bush in FSOG.

Think I'll give this trend a miss I like to be shaven and I like my OH well trimmed back but not completely shaven

I hope so! I have always been a fan of well trimmed and well manicured, but definitely some hair there.

I don't think it's gross at all, we're mammals, we have hair. :)

However I'm not sporting a bush, although I no longer go bald either because it's too much hassle, and shaving irritation is a big problem for me. I just keep it trimmed and short, which I don't think looks ugly at all.

If ladies want to have a bush, then I say good for them! :D I don't know why society thinks women should be clean shaven or trimmed anyway, it's a personal decision.

I hope it is coming back. Maybe then people will stop saying it's disgusting. It's natural...just because you like to be shaved doesn't mean you should shame other women for daring to have a different preference...

Boogaloo wrote:

I don't think it's gross at all, we're mammals, we have hair. :)

However I'm not sporting a bush, although I no longer go bald either because it's too much hassle, and shaving irritation is a big problem for me. I just keep it trimmed and short, which I don't think looks ugly at all.

If ladies want to have a bush, then I say good for them! :D I don't know why society thinks women should be clean shaven or trimmed anyway, it's a personal decision.

I agree. The only downside is if you do a lot of oral . I hate ending up with loose hairs in my mouth so my OH does keep hers well trimmed.

I agree Lovebirds, it's not nice to be made to feel you're disgusting just for having hair, in a place where you're supposed to have hair.

Haha mysteron that's true! I make sure I keep trimmed ;) shame my OH rarely remembers to do the same, I'm always pulling hairs out my mouth!

I don't think it's gross either. I used to have a brazilian. and I went natural for a while. I don't like it on myself though because I have such thick dark hair. I really hate it on myself. Its like wire. I've seen lots of vagina that has hair down there. Be it bush or trimmed and its looked and felt lovely on them!

It's definitely not right to make others feel less accepted though because of their preference. we are naturally meant to grow hair where it grows. I don't see the big deal.

Apologies, I could have (& should have) worded it better. It is gross on me. I keep it shaved because otherwise it's like a brillo pad, no amount of trimming or maintenance could tame it. For me, it makes things easier and less messy keeping it at bay. (tmi - clots and brillo pads are not ideal.) Again, apologies, definitely not my intention to cause any offence, I firmly believe people can do as they wish to their bodies, whatever makes them happy; just this trend is not for me.

Ewwww mine is staying shaved 😷

innocent-fun wrote:

Apologies, I could have (& should have) worded it better. It is gross on me. I keep it shaved because otherwise it's like a brillo pad, no amount of trimming or maintenance could tame it. For me, it makes things easier and less messy keeping it at bay. (tmi - clots and brillo pads are not ideal.) Again, apologies, definitely not my intention to cause any offence, I firmly believe people can do as they wish to their bodies, whatever makes them happy; just this trend is not for me.

Don't worry sweetie. Things are often taken out of context on the Internet! I hope you don't feel attacked it's lovely that you corrected yourself though before it did cause any Offence. All is well and forgiven! -big hugs for everyone-

That's okay Innocent :)

I personally don't like to have a bush on me either, not that its unhygienic at all but I just feel better when it's trimmed. :)

drurysl02 wrote:

innocent-fun wrote:

Don't worry sweetie. Things are often taken out of context on the Internet! I hope you don't feel attacked it's lovely that you corrected yourself though before it did cause any Offence. All is well and forgiven! -big hugs for everyone-
Absolutely, can be so difficult to convey an accurate meaning purely with text. No, I don't feel attacked thank you, just thought I had better expand on my first short response before anyone else felt attacked for having a bit, or a lot, of hair there. Awk, sure this wee community is too lovely anyway, big group cuddles all round.

No harm done Innocent :)

I more so meant people in general can be funny about it, I know a few friends of mine in real life have made nasty comments about women with pubic hair, so perhaps I didn't convey my point properly either! :p

Like I say, Internet sucks for expressing personal opinions of things as its so easily taken out of context.

I know people who shame others on their preference In the outer world! each to their own I say! <3

Boogaloo wrote:

No harm done Innocent :)

I more so meant people in general can be funny about it, I know a few friends of mine in real life have made nasty comments about women with pubic hair, so perhaps I didn't convey my point properly either! :p

Awh, that's a pity, I don't like nasty comments. It's one thing having an opinion, which we are entitled to, but another to force your opinion on others. If only everyone just accepted everyone else. Ultimately we are all meant to be different anyway, the world would be so boring if we were all the same. But unfortunately that's what the media & 'fashion' attempts to do. I'm not one to generally follow fashion or trends anyway, I kinda do my own thing and pay no attention to what 'society' may think of me.