Arrogance sexy or not?

I have a confession....

I hate arrogance I really do, it makes my blood boil...except that actually I love it and it turns me on in some people...namely Robert Downey Jnr and Will Smith

I think the important difference between arrogant people I fancy and those I can't stand is meanness - I don't like arrogant people that are cruel to others but that cheeky, cock-sure thing that some people have is so endearing and just yummy!

Anyone with me?

xxKPxx

I think it's a confidence thing. Guys who have that arrogance about them are confident, they really believe they're great. There's no substitute for confidence.

My boyfriend has an arrogance about him, but it's not a macho, aggressive kind. As an example, sometimes when we're cuddled up in bed I like to tell my boyfriend he's perfect. And sometimes he replies "I know". It makes me smile.

Yeah hot is the cross just before confidence turns to arrogance for me and that's very sexy!

I love strong confident women. The quiet shy type don't do anything for me even if they are visually hot as hell! That's just my opinion and no offence to anybody at all. That's why I like the older woman as they do tend to be more confident. But arrogance is a massive turn off for me. I've met many girls/women over the years who are fucking absolutely beautiful and men would do anything for them but they knew it and were arrogant with it, which in my eyes makes them grotesque.

SG69 x

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Confidence=Hot

Arrogence=Not!

I think this is how I see it too...but there's a really fine line between the two and like imeldaimelda I think people that are just between the two are smokin hot!

xxKPxx

I agree, confident blokes are sexy and arrogant blokes aren't.....but blokes that are just a little bit cocky can be sexy too! I think it depends on the circumstances too. I want someone who is cocky, but can be sensitive when it matters...my OH is the perfect balance, he's super confident but not arrogant in the slightest, but he get's this twinkle in his eye when he knows he's good!

Ax

Hmm, i'm embarrassed to admit it but I have an unfortunate weakness for unpleasantly arrogant men, leading to my current singleness and to being dubbed a "scum magnet" by my girllfriends. It's a habit I hope I have now kicked! Learn from your mistakes and all that...

SS x

Hmm, i'm embarrassed to admit it but I have an unfortunate weakness for unpleasantly arrogant men, leading to my current singleness and to being dubbed a "scum magnet" by my girllfriends. It's a habit I hope I have now kicked! Learn from your mistakes and all that...

SS x

I'm not sure on this one, I normally can't stand arrogance in everyday life - but if it is in roleplay it can be a real turn on!

x

masterandslave wrote:

I'm not sure on this one, I normally can't stand arrogance in everyday life - but if it is in roleplay it can be a real turn on!

x

Yes, yes and yes!!!

Arrogance in the bedroom is HOT!

AdnaW wrote:

I agree, confident blokes are sexy and arrogant blokes aren't.....but blokes that are just a little bit cocky can be sexy too! I think it depends on the circumstances too. I want someone who is cocky, but can be sensitive when it matters...my OH is the perfect balance, he's super confident but not arrogant in the slightest, but he get's this twinkle in his eye when he knows he's good!

Ax

That "I'm going to fuck you and you're going to love it" twinkle is the sexiest thing ever!

xxKPxx

Hmm. Arrogance is hot in bed, and can be super hot for a really kinky ONS - but it makes for bad boyfriend material.

Some of the hottest sex I ever had was with this ridiculously arrogant guy who thought he was the bee's knees - we didn't get on well at all, I thought he was a tit and he thought I was a stuck-up bitch. it was really aggressive, hateful sex. Mmmm.

Yep, course it is :) Outside the bedroom, arrogance definitely isn't a good thing! Confidence is great, but arrogance is definitely a turn off.

I can't stand arrogance in anybody, it's an immediate turn off and I want to tell them to go boil their head. Confidence is another matter. No confidence is a turn off too. I need them to be confident enough so I feel safe, I don't want to be with someone who will run away and leave me to fend for myself at the first sign of trouble.

And yes, confidence in the bedroom is a MUST! x

Isn't it good to have someone who isn't confident to teach things to tho?

x

Confidence = Turn on

Arrogance = Turn off

I went on a date recently and chose not to see the guy again soley because he appeared to have no self confidence at all and I kept imagining any sex being painfully boring and awkward.

in terms of pure animal sexiness, i LOVE arrogance. take derren brown when he is on stage, that arrogance act he does is sooooo sexy!

and a guy from work, he is a nice, sexy guy anyway. but he has his "arrogant moments" the make the difference between "grrrr" and "ROAR"

the the arrogance when he grabbed me and pinned me against his van, called me a filthy bitch then kissed me, i wanted him to take me there and then, but we only had seconds alone before someone was about to come past

i know he wouldnt make a good boyfriend, because although i know he can be a nice guy, i know the arrogance is real, not just an act, but if i ever end up in bed with him i know it would be AMAZING!!

but at the same time, i know i can be pretty arrogant sometimes, !!

oh, the last line was supposed to be

but at the same time, i know i can be pretty arrogant sometimes, too!! x

but computer decided against it!! x

masterandslave wrote:

Isn't it good to have someone who isn't confident to teach things to tho?

x

I don't know..I suppose it depends on your personality. I don't think I could teach anyone anything because if i'm honest i'm not all that confident myself. I love it when someone else is in control, I rarely take the lead in the bedroom, maybe I should start doing a bit more, maybe i'll like it.

I see what you mean though, and I can see how some people would find it good. I just doubt they'd learn anything useful from me lol x

Totally agree with Schibi.

Subtle but distinct difference between Arrogance and confidence. A man lacking confidence who is insecure and 'needy' is a definite turn off but likewsie a man who thinks the sun shines out of his backside is going to be self involved and that selfishness will likely stretch into the bedroom. A secure balanced man is attractive; you want to be their lover not their mother!...or their skivvy!

Depends what role play you are doing at the time!

x