asymmetric breasts

Hi all,

This is my first post, and took some courage to write.

I'm pretty uneducated on how common asymmetric breasts are. If I'm honest, I've been too scared to find out incase it turns out I am just a freak. But I've now decided to bite the bullet, and ask an open minded, kind bunch of people. (you lovely lot!)

So, I've got asymmetric breasts. One is roughly an E, the other an F.

I hate them. Even writing this is making me upset.
They are hideous. One is fuller and larger than the other, which is also a slightly different shape. It makes me feel ugly.
I can feel the difference in shape and size all through the day, and if you look at them, you can even notice it when I'm wearing clothing.

I had anorexia and body dysmorphic disorder from approximately 16-19. During this time I lost a lot of weight and was eventually made to see a doctor as I reached 7.5stone, leaving me a size 4-6. This has left sagging to my breasts, and stretch marks.

My partner insists he can't notice the difference, but in all honesty I wouldn't let him sit and look at them without a bra on.

I'm guess what I'm asking, is if anyone else haso asymmetric breasts, and what others experience is with them?

Most people have odd boobs, it's not something to worry about, unless one becomes randomly bigger when older (and then it's a case of just getting it checked out at your Drs, as it could be a gland infection or something else).

So don't worry about it. My boobs are odd, and the only people I know in real life with a matching set have had a boob job.

Everybody has asymmetric breasts. It's impossible for them to the exact same size. I think the typical difference is one cup size. It's totally normal. Doing chest excersise tones the muscle behind them and can help pull them up and make them look more pert. But it's totally natural

Mine aren't the same either. I'm only an a-cup. But my right breast i defintely fuller than the left. I notice it a lot and it bugs the hell out of me that one always looks slightly better than the other, even if I lie in the bath one pokes out of the water more than other.

That said anyone whoever touches them or looks at them says they can't see what I mean though, so I do think it's something use ladies notice on our own bodies x

Massaging the smaller breast is supposed to help too

It's completey normal - no one has identical breasts naturally and, as LadyS said, we're always more aware of our own bodies than anyone else it.

You lot are great. I was terrified of posting this, but you've all made me realise perhaps it is just me being self conscious.

I've always been very critical of my body. Perhaps that's what I'm doing again.

I needed a good reality check. I'm glad I trusted you guys, and posted this now. Thank you x

I agree with the others, it's pretty normal and nothing to worry about. We're so critical of our own bodies that we don't even notice irregularities in others.

I guess if you're feeling really self-conscious in clothes, you could get one of those bras with the little pocket for an insert so the smaller one gets a bit of help...

One of my best friends is very conscious that her breasts are very different in size (around the size of yours) and even when she pointed it out, I couldn't really notice at all!

I think mine are are slightly different sizes but one is aslso a lot more sensertive than the other one too.

My o/h thinks this is great when it comes to nipple play as he knows which one to tweek to get my attention ![](upload://rA41UoqYzU9yrgGiJUyzuRc98GV.gif)

Hi lj101

I thought I'd comment on this as this is something I feel I can fairly comment on.

I can be so critical about my figure when I look in the mirror. I'm sure a lot of people are, male or female.

Everyone has parts of their body they don't like as much as other parts. Or say they wish they could change. I battled with my appearance for years. You have to make the most of what you've got and remind yourself there is always someone out there a lot worse off. 

I used to get so upset with the way I looked and constantly compare myself to girls in magazines. I used to think how can they be so perfect, this was when I learned photoshop is a truly scary thing and how it can transform people! I would cry, loose sleep and feel so down for days at a time. 

Over the years I have learned to accept the 'hand I was dealt' and work with it, not against it!

Whenever there is two of anything on my body I remind myself 'they are sisters not twins' (they are not supposed to be identical.)

I hope you find some useful replies from our lovely forum members here, also if you searched online I'm sure you would find hundreds of people who are feeling the same about their breasts.

Slightly off topic but here is a link you may find interesting http://www.greatwallofvagina.co.uk/home it is a link to an artist page where he cast 400 women's vaginas and made them into a wall of art. This just shows how different we all are from each other yet we are all still 'the same'.

Nobody is perfect, but you are perfect to somebody. - This is another of my feel good quotes.

![smiley|20x20](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif "smiley")

Thank you all for your kind words and honesty. I had absolutely no idea just how common it was to be asymmetrical, and you've all made me feel much more confident in working towards accepting myself as I am.
The relief in learning that, actually, I'm not alone in this is wonderful. And there are people out there who will give honest advice and opinions. You're all so valuable.
I'll be forever grateful to Lovehoney and its gorgeous forum members.
You've all made me smile, a lot. Thank you :)

I don't have prominent assymentric breasts and with that maybe my following words of advice might not mean much.

However, I know a close family member who battled with an eating disorder around the same age that you did and one of the things the aftermath left was that her once plump firm bum bum became non-existant quite saggy and this was during her late teens early 20s. Infact because she didnt tell anybody about it or research people dealing with the same issue she ended up buying dodgy creames that promised very unnatural results which left her touchie scarred and worse than before.

Anywho... what I'm trying to say is one thing she said helped was talking about it, the worse thing you can do is stay silent and let your imagination run wild. You've already made the biggest step and I reassure you it will only get better from here!

I hope with that said you find peace with yourself and most importantly self happiness.

xoxo

Thank you Imogen Arie.
I made a promise to myself never to let the dysmorphic disorder get control of me again, and I'm really pleased I made the decision to ask the advice of all you wonderful lot.
It's reassuring and grounding to hear from unbiased, open minded and honest people that what I'm struggling with is actually common.
I really hope your family member is doing well.
:)

Firstly well done in overcoming your anorexia and body dismorphic disorder!

Obviously you have received plenty of comments reassuring you that this is completely natural. And there are ways to make it look more even if you felt self-conscious about it.

But I just want to say wow, be proud of your breasts. To overcome the disorders you went through and come back fighting with a very generous cup size is brilliant! I am jealous! I've had always been a skinny girl, UK size 6 (in fact I was mistakenly accused many times of being anorexic) and recently more athletic build in my now size 8 frame, but unfortunately I was never blessed with large breasts with my little b cups. I am actually desperate to have implants. So like I say, I am super jealous of you, and I am sure I'm not the only one.

Wow, thank you innocent-fun!! I never thought of it that way. I really am grateful for your kind words.
If I'm honest, I believe my asymmetry is more obvious with my larger cup size, and have wished for a good full b/c cup for a good few years. I think they would look better in proportion to my size 8 self. So I'm jealous of you!! (jealous of eachother here! Lol)
However, this post really has made me think over my self loathing. I'm going to really try hard to love myself with how I naturally am. I will try hard.

My boobs are about the same size as yours. The left is an F and the right is a DD or E. It took me a long time, but I have decided not to care. I am worth more than my best body part, and my worst body part. So are you.

I think it's important not to fall into the trap of being ashamed of things that are not your fault. You had nothing to do with the size or shape of your breasts, so you have nothing to be ashamed of any more than you should feel ashamed of the weather outside.

lj101 wrote:

Wow, thank you innocent-fun!! I never thought of it that way. I really am grateful for your kind words.
If I'm honest, I believe my asymmetry is more obvious with my larger cup size, and have wished for a good full b/c cup for a good few years. I think they would look better in proportion to my size 8 self. So I'm jealous of you!! (jealous of eachother here! Lol)
However, this post really has made me think over my self loathing. I'm going to really try hard to love myself with how I naturally am. I will try hard.

You're very welcome. Haha, our mutual jealousy :-)

girlalive wrote:

My boobs are about the same size as yours. The left is an F and the right is a DD or E. It took me a long time, but I have decided not to care. I am worth more than my best body part, and my worst body part. So are you.

I think it's important not to fall into the trap of being ashamed of things that are not your fault. You had nothing to do with the size or shape of your breasts, so you have nothing to be ashamed of any more than you should feel ashamed of the weather outside.

Thank you. You're right. I am going to put a lot of effort in to loving myself. I've not created my body, but I have to live in it. Therefore, I should be proud of it and love it. Easier said than done, but for the life of me, I will really try!!!

One of my boobs are slightly bigger then the other too, I was under the impression everyone's are. Just like we have one leg slightly longer the other and one eye slightly bigger then the other.

My left boob is slightly bigger than my right (my left foot is very slightly bigger than my right too). I think it is completely normal not to quite match; it is certainly true that our face is not symmetric.