Best App For Erotica Novels

Good morning

I’d like to read some Erotic novels - I’ve never read one before. I don’t really want to go buying actual books if I can find a good app to use instead.

I did a bit of reading on here last night at previous threads to see which books have been recommended.

What I want to know is which app I should download and use, that contains a good selection of Erotica novels if anybody uses them.

(also, if anybody suggests amazon prime - if you share your account with family members, will they be able to see what I’m buying and reading)

Thank you!

2 Likes

It’s not an app, but Litererotica gets a lot of mentions on here. :+1:

5 Likes

Also whilst not an app lushstories is another site with a look.

2 Likes

Frolicme has free erotic stories, another vote here for Literotica too.

1 Like

Hi @Cupc8kes again another vote here for Literotica. It doesn’t have an app but if you join up (it really doesn’t involve much) you can have a profile , you can then save stories to read later, mark favourites, follow different authors etc. Maybe it’s possible to add it to your homepage on your device (not sure as I haven’t tried that yet) so you can sign into it easily when you fancy a read.

There’s masses of stories on there, some short , some long almost like novels. They cater for pretty much every taste. True, they’re not all great but some are very good well written erotica and if you’re willing to browse a bit then you’ll probably find something that suits :slightly_smiling_face:

On checking again just now it seems that there is an app for Literotica ! Looks like it only works for Android though.

2 Likes

@wildflower great - I have just installed the app.

Thanks guys x

1 Like

If you are worried about browsers and shared histories, you can use an app like Duck Duck Go and sign up to sites using an encrypted email service.

3 Likes

As @Ian_Chimp says literotica has some excellent stories on there plenty of topics to pick from including aual

1 Like

Being honest, I’m not a fan of literotica. Don’t get me wrong, there are some fantastic stories on there, but finding them in amongst the rest is such a chore- and I just can’t be bothered!

It seems to have got worse during the Covid pandemic- think a bunch of folk must’ve been using their spare time to try and become erotic writers!

My tip is if you find a story that you like, to follow those authors - that seems to help

4 Likes

There are some on there that are so bad that you wonder how anyone had the nerve to upload them but in amongst all that there are some hidden gems from people that have a real talent for writing erotica.

I agree, I think a lot of people have taken it up as bit of a hobby recently but it’s a hell of a lot harder to write decent erotic fiction than most think it is…I’ve tried it myself!

Once I’ve found someone that writes the stuff I enjoy in a style that I like then I follow them on there although sometimes I take a lucky dip into a genre I don’t usually bother with, it can be pleasantly surprising!

3 Likes

“Go on. Stuff it in and wriggle it round a bit. You know you want to.”

“Gosh.” said Derek, “No-one has ever said that to me before.” He mopped his flushed brow with a red kerchief he kept in his top pocket. “I’m stiff as a cocktail stick right now!” he exclaimed.

“Oooh, Derek, you’ve such a way with words. I’ve gone all weak at the muff. You bring that little stabber of yours to me and I’ll be your cheese and pineapple!”

“This is all very erotic!” Derek exclaimed again.

“You’re damn skippy this is erotic!” Eileen also exclaimed. “Now slip those gruds off and let me look at your birds nest!!”

“Right-O!” said Derek, just short of an exclamation as he struggled to get his leg out of his pants. “Ready or not, here I come!”

“Fill me up, Derek!”

END SCENE

Piece of piss. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Oh you make it look so easy! :rofl: :rofl:

I’d actually like to read more of that story…weirdly! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It’s even better if you give them accents. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

There’s an award for bad Erotic writing, I think little ray of sunshine Morrisey won it recently!

2 Likes

Good grief, I read an excerpt from the Morrisey one…it’s like he’s swallowed an erotic dictionary! :rofl: It doesn’t get much more cringe than that!

3 Likes

As if his cheerful lyrics weren’t bad enough! :wink:

3 Likes

I find the best erotica fiction consists of using the word erotic and erotically throughout.

I’ve never understood the Penthouse Letters convention of always starting stories by explaining how tall and heavy each of the characters are.

1 Like

I know this is from a couple of months ago but in case this is useful to someone…

I read almost exclusively on my Kindle and read a fair amount of erotic literature. There’s quite a lot of erotica available via the Kindle Unlimited subscription (see KU / Literature and Fiction / Erotica). I daresay a proportion of it is low quality but I’ve come across some of my favourite authors via KU - some have most/all of their books on there, others have a few so that you can try out their style via KU before deciding whether to purchase any of their other work.

If you are using Kindle family library (rather than letting other family members use your login), you can choose not to share any books by default, or you can remove books from other’s library immediately after purchase.

3 Likes

Seconding the kindle vote. There are some good authors on there. A good way to find them is on good reads, there are lots of lists on there, great way to find new stuff,

2 Likes

Oooh! That’s very helpful @titania :smiley: Thanks! Can you recommend any particular authors?