Best children's tv

Just saw Brinsley Ford of Aswad on Pointless, but i remember him as Spring from The Double Deckers, a 70's children's tv show. What are your favourite children's tv shows? Double Deckers Robinson Crusoe Thunderbirds Fireball XL-5 Stingray Captain Scarlet Tomorrow People Marine Boy

The ones that I remember most are super ted, he-man, danger mouse and dungeons and dragons, probably a lot more but can’t think of them

D&E, i`m guessing you`re about 35? ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

33 in just under 2 weeks, I almost mentioned postman pat and fireman Sam too πŸ˜‚

Currently the funniest are Sooty, Gigglebitz and Class Dismissed.

Currently the funniest are Sooty, Gigglebitz and Class Dismissed.

WillC wrote:

D&E, i`m guessing you`re about 35?

I was going to guess similar (I'm 38) the 80's had the best children's tv. I'd add Knightmare, pole position, Thundercats, banana man, Trapdoor, Ducktales I could go on forever!

1 Like

Grange hill-Tuckers luck

Mr Ben

Why don't you

Wombles

Playschool

Mungo midge and Jerry

Tiswas

Noel Edmonds swap shop

The Banana splits...One Banana two Banana three Banana Four...

Okay enough for now :)

Oh one more, Scooby Doo, Adams Family, Wacky races

2 Likes

Loved The Banana Splits...Danger Island, The Arabian Knights, The Three Musketeers, The Dilly Sisters etc! Tra la la!

1 Like

That’s a good shout AmyA, forgot all about the thunder cats

Inspector gadget, M.A.S.K and a bit of byker grove and Jossys giants

Bucky O'hare and Biker Mice From Mars. I even bought them on DVD to force my children to watch them with me πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Oh and I had the VHS tapes for Hector's House and The Herbs when I was really little! I loved them, I assume my dad must have had them from his childhood, because they predated my existence by about 20 years πŸ˜‚

Bucky o hare what a shout jazzman

thistleandfern wrote:

Bucky o hare what a shout jazzman

They hold up so well, I still enjoyed rewatching them a few months ago πŸ˜‚ even when the boys gave up πŸ˜‚ Kinda like the old star wars movies lol never get bored of them lol

Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom, Paw Patrol, Shimmer and Shine, Peppa Pig

The queens nose, Grange hill, biker grove, TopCat! The rubbish my kids make me watch now has nothing on the ones from when I was a kid..

1 Like

Fraggle Rock and count Duckula

3 Likes

Hey Arnold, Recess, Bernards Watch, the Worst Witch, The Queens Nose, Rosie and Jim

1 Like

I remember watching Trumpton, Captain Scarlet, The Clangers. The school holidays back in the 70's used to consist of The Double Deckers, The White Horses and Robinson Crusoe ( which had a lovely soundtrack)

1 Like