Best children's tv

Wildfliwer, Robinson Crusoe definitely had a fantastic soundtrack, i have it on cd! Trumpton, Camberwick Green and Chigley! Pogle's Wood, Bagpuss, Mr Ben were great too.

Also liked The Wacky Races and Skippy!

1 Like

Postman Pat,Thomas and friends,My Little Pony:FIM,M.A.S.K,Paddington Bear,Mr Benn,thunderbirds,Portland Bill,The Wombles,Rosie and Jim,Wacky Races,etc.

1 Like

Paw Paw Bears were my ultimate favourite.

I also liked the Get Along Gang. And later, Tiny Toons.

I went through phases of being really into MoonDreamers and Star Street: The Adventures of the Star Kids (I notice my favourites were quite often linked with toys I had at the time - toy marketing know their stuff!).

In no particular order Rainbow (innuendos everywhere) Playschool, Bertha, Raggydolls, Wizbit, Grotbags, centurions, Ulysses 31, Jaycee and the wheeled warriors and the greatest TV show everywhere Transformers.

Today's kids tv is terrible except for Sara and duck and Charlie and Lola

The Banana Splits...Crystal Tipps and Alistair...Mary, Mungo and Midge...

1 Like

Skippy and White Horses i remember. Also the 6 week holidays always seemed to feature Champion the Wonder Horse and The Whirleybirds! Anyone remember The Singing Ringing Tree? It uses to scare the shit out of me it was so weird!

Magpie...Magic Roundabout...🤣...Pink Panther...Hong Kong Phooey...

1 Like

wildflower wrote:

The Clangers

CurvyJilly34F wrote:

Magpie...Magic Roundabout...🤣...Pink Panther...Hong Kong Phooey...

Used to love these. Captain pugwash.

Apparently Magic roundabout was taken off air because it had political messages in it, that might an urban myth though.

2 Likes

EightyEightMilesPerHour wrote:

Demon headmaster, round the twist, chucklevision, bodger and badger.

Bodger and Badger!! I can't believe I forgot that one. I was always scared of demon headmaster though! Goosebumps always spooked me too!

balthazar wrote:

In no particular order Rainbow (innuendos everywhere) Playschool, Bertha, Raggydolls, Wizbit, Grotbags, centurions, Ulysses 31, Jaycee and the wheeled warriors and the greatest TV show everywhere Transformers.

Today's kids tv is terrible except for Sara and duck and Charlie and Lola

Ah Bertha, lovely Bertha! How could I have forgotten that, one of my favourites but I don't think many people remember it. How about Super Gran? I used to think my Scottish granny WAS Super Gran!

I remember Supergran! Love Wacky Races and Dastardley and Muttley in Their Flying Machines! Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space too.

1 Like

Jonny Briggs, Badger Girl, Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, Raggy Dolls (they're dolls like you and me 🙂).

Ian Chimp wrote:

Jonny Briggs, Badger Girl, Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, Raggy Dolls (they're dolls like you and me).

Dogtanian was very much next on my list of favourites 😍 no one I know has ever heard of it though I had to google it to show hubby and prove I didn't imagine it 😅

Roobarb and Custard...just the theme tune gives me the giggles...🤣🤣🤣

@Jilly, Roobarb and Custard theme used to make me chuckle too. Scooby Doo, Pink Panther, Captain Pugwash, the Clangers, Mr Ben.

1 Like

Roobarb and Custard...i'm sure the strobing animation gave kids fits!

@Will, hadn’t thought about that.

Knight, it was a bit rough! Now i'm thinking TISWAS and the dying fly! 😉

1 Like

Jazzam wrote:

Ian Chimp wrote:

Jonny Briggs, Badger Girl, Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, Raggy Dolls (they're dolls like you and me).

Dogtanian was very much next on my list of favourites 😍 no one I know has ever heard of it though I had to google it to show hubby and prove I didn't imagine it 😅

I love this thread, nearly every post is happy reminder. I ADORED Dogtanian ❤️