Best lube ever

OH seems to be having a reaction to water based lube we got from LH. Says it leaves a stingy feeling inside after some fun.
Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions as an alternative? Is silicone lube any better?

2 Likes

Always had this problem @Diggerman_Baz, have you tried sliquid? I like their sliquid natural gel one, it’s aloe / water based and is thick so you don’t need as much as a standard lube and it’s suitable for anal too (if that’s your thing!)

Do you use condoms? Just thought I’d ask in case it is a reaction to those rather than the lube.

3 Likes

You could check the ingredient list and compare it with some others to see if you can pin down what’s causing the issue?

2 Likes

@Kitty-Cat01 Condoms are a thing of the past since got the snip. It seems ok if lube only touches her clit, but I put lube on me to slide in, then the pain happens.

1 Like

It’s worth checking the ingredients like @Ian_Chimp said especially when you do find one that works for you - that way you can avoid those ingredients in the future.

The problem with this is that there are a lot of different ingredients and they vary a lot between lubes. I tried to do this but ended up convincing myself that I was allergic to lots of things that I really wasn’t - I got a bit paranoid!! It’s worth googling common allergens in lube - there’s quite a lot of info out there.

I can’t remember off the top of my head which ingredients are the common ones but I’ll see if I can find it when I get home.

Unfortunately though, it’s a case of trial and error (sorry!) Lots of people recommend Yes lubes so they might be worth a try too. I didn’t get on with them but most people do.

3 Likes

It sounds like a reaction to an ingredient, although it could also be pH related. Which lube do you use?

Silicone is hypoallergenic so unlikely to cause an issue but some women find that it lingers too long and can cause bacterial issues as it is harder to wash away than water based (although not everyone has this problem). It also can have react with silicone toys.

4 Likes

Um, some parts are more sensitive than others which might explain the difference. I’d try a few different ones and if none of them are any good, speak to a gp or dermatologist. Hope you find one that works x

2 Likes

We just a use LH water based. OH says it has similar feelings to UTI, but doesn’t last as long. Will just have to experiment with few other brands, all this hard work for OH’s satisfaction :grin:

I’d suggest avoiding lubes with Propylene Glycol as a starter as that is the common ingredient in the LH water based lubes (which was the reason I was asking which lube so I could check the ingredients). The Delight does seem a bit more hit and miss with people so if it’s that one it may be the Propylene Glycol or it could be another ingredient. If it’s the anal one then it may be the ingredients or it may be the pH (some anal lubes are specifically formulated for the pH of the butt).

If the lube has been open more than 6 months, it may have just gone off. There should be an indicated on the bottle as to how long you should keep the product.

1 Like

ALso recommend sliquid lubes. Ive got sensitive skin and some lubes set me off but ive never had any issues with their stuff. Sliquid silk is my go to, but ive tried their waterbased and sensation ones too and they where all good for me

2 Likes

I have a similar issue with some lubes. I get on well with all the Yes lubes although I find they do need to be reapplied after a little while. I’ve recently bought the Meg’s Menopause oil based lube as it’s highly recommended, although I haven’t tried it yet.

Silicone lube defo lasts longer than water-based brands so I’d say give it a try and see how she fares with it.

I have had this too. I found silicon based lube better and i have found other more natural oils (coconut) better but obviously i had to really think about what i was using with that as toys can degrade.

2 Likes

Another endorsement for sliquid here.

Used liquid silk before, but we got some itchies from it.

Switched to sliquid, no issues whatsoever.

4 Likes

Silicon is great, crazy long lasting, never had issue only with silicon toys. We use the pjur lube for last 15 years.

1 Like

Does it happen as you’re going in or after you’ve ejaculated?

I ask as I have a semen allergy. Try using the lube whilst wearing a non-latex condom. If she has pain then it’s the lube. If not you could be looking at a semen allergy.

ETA: I tried Meg’s oil as rec’d by Titania and don’t react to it (I’m sensitive to some lubes but fine with others, too), and have also had success with Lovehoney’s Release masturbation cream (it also makes my hands feel amazing!).

2 Likes

Sliquid’s Sassy is our favourite of the water-based lubes. Some lubes use ingredients that leave Mrs K with a dried out/ stinging feeling afterwards, but we’ve never had any issues with either Sassy or H20 from Sliquid.
It’s totally compatible with silicone toys too, which is essential for our little (ahem!) collection.
Missing from the lineup at the moment though.
I hope it’s just a stock shortage. :crossed_fingers:

Silicone lube’s fine with latex BTW.
Most condoms are coated with silicone lube however, so non-lubricated condoms are ideal for protecting silicone toys from latex lubes. :+1:

For us it’s a tiny bit more complicated: My wife has a latex allergy, and we can’t find unlubricated latex free condoms, only silicone lubricated ones.
We’ve taken to using an unlubricated latex condom on the toy, with a Skyn (Polyisoprene) condom over the top. This way we can use silicone lube without damaging our favourite toys.
:sunglasses:

It can be worth doing some spot testing on the toy, I have found a fair few of the good toys are ok with the pjur silicon lube. I just put a drop on the back of it and come back a few hours later and give it a good run. Would love some sort of toy database on what toys work with what lube, but it is a lot of work.

1 Like

Hey
I just want to check if I can use this lube with silicone toys:

1 Like