Best Reviews?

So I’ve recently decided to treat myself to a few toys and I’m currently testing them (not literally now… but this week!) before submitting my thoughts on the main website.

I’ve become a little distracted reading previous feedback on a number of items and it made me wonder:

What is the best/worst review you’ve read?

What is the funniest?

What item has been your greatest surprise? A hidden gem or total failure?

1 Like

@Blonde_Bunny’s reviews are generally brilliant! Always make me laugh but are also informative!

3 Likes

Yep, I’ll second that!

2 Likes

I’ll need to have a look then… thank you both!

2 Likes

Thirded on @Blonde_Bunny reviews!

The best reviews for me contain the information I want to know about a product that isn’t in the description.

For lingerie, what are your measurements, not just size 12 but bra size, height, etc., what size you purchased and how it then fit. Stuff you can’t really tell from looking at a model photo. Feel of material and build quality.

Toys, how easy are they to use, how loud, rumbly or buzzy, any problems you came across or specific techniques you found that worked for you. Stuff like that.

For a whole plethora of wonderful reviews for inspiration have a look at @Ian_Chimp 's brilliant Review Hall of Fame thread. All the review of the month winners are in there to inspire you.

5 Likes

I know I’m fairly new here… but @Ian_Chimp seems to be omnipresent - I’ll have a look! :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s really hard to talk about specific reviews now as the site has lost the ability to link to them (boo :slightly_smiling_face:) .

In general though, I like the more balanced ones. Reading a thorough review is good, and the more honest and informative the better. :+1: Everyone can say, “It’s the best! Buy it now!”, but as every body is different, everyone can’t like everything equally. So knowing why a toy/item was great for you, or why it was a disaster, is much more helpful to other people mulling over a purchase (and one person’s negative is another’s 'Yes please! :slightly_smiling_face:).

And I’ll echo @Peitho, and say that measurements for lingerie are a top contender for ‘most useful info’. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

4 Likes

Sadly, the only measurements I’d be able to offer aren’t based on a female body… it’s all illusion here and that means I need extra space “down there” as well as a suitably shaped bra cup and design or my extra bits don’t sit right or get hidden properly!

If you’re wearing it, then your measurements will be useful. :+1::slightly_smiling_face: Lots of other guys will be wondering those very things.

3 Likes

@MySecretDesires
There is a pair of crotchless tights I want - I always like to check reviews on clothing to see how well they fit, so good reviewer for me, would add their body shape/size along with which size they ordered.

So for the tights, there were only 2 reviews - I from someone with a penis and 1 from someone without.

But the reviewer with the penis really explained body size, how well the fit was and which size was ordered so it was extremely informative for me and helped me to decide which size to choose.

4 Likes

I’ll keep that in mind… for now it’s just the toys I’ll be reviewing. My lingerie hasn’t come from LH (yet) but I’ve had a bit of a spending spree which has opened my eyes to other possibilities.

So far I’ve got a couple of really positive recommendations and a couple of let downs.

Anything that vibrates will have to wait for a time when my neighbours won’t hear…

1 Like

There’s no pressure to review anything (unless it’s a tester :slightly_smiling_face:), so don’t feel like you have to start reviewing your lingerie if you don’t want to. :+1:

As for the vibrating toys, a lot of them aren’t as noisy as you think. Sometimes they can seem louder to you as you’re focusing on the noise, but may not be as audible to anyone 3 ft away.
And they can be much quieter when actually in use as the body muffles the noise. And under a duvet with the bedroom door closed adds extra sound dampening too. :+1: When I’m reviewing a toy I generally whack it on high, stuff it under the duvet, and leave the room shutting the door behind me. Most of the time I really have to strain to hear it, and it’s more a gentle thrum than a roaring engine (though there have been a couple :slightly_smiling_face:).

They can also sound like any other motor-driven gizmo through a party wall - toothbrush, shaver, back massager, dehumidifier, fan. At the end of the day, its no biggie if your neighbours hear a bit of buzz through the wall. It could be anything. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I review lingerie. As the contributions above, any sizing information is good.

2 Likes

I havn’t been around for a while, is Review Of The Month still a thing? What happened to and where is the Lovehoney blog? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t think there has been a Review of the Month since the switchover, I think not be able to link to specific reviews makes it impossible to do currently but I’m still hoping that is something that will be reintroduced and everything crossed it will then be back as reading those was definitely one of the months highlights!

2 Likes

I loved reading them too, I hope it returns :blush:

1 Like

Yep, the last one was November I think :sleepy: Really hope they bring it back as I loved reading through them. There’s a Review Hall of Fame if you need a fix though!

The blog is still on the website but I think old links may no longer work. If you scroll down to the bottom its under the ‘advice’ bit :blush: but heres the link which hopefully works:

Lovely to see you back :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Thankyou so much @SexInTheCity, I’ll take a look now :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

If it was, you’d know because you rock that thing
:grin: :upside_down_face: :grin: