Best sweets of the 80's

Getting OH a sweet hamper for a coming home present, he was a kid in the 80's but I wasn't, what were the best sweets?

Fruit salads, black jacks, Parma violats, love hears, dip dabs, flying saucers, candy cigetettes,

Those "exploding" candies and jelly monsters were my favorite :)

The Cadbury's miniature chocolate money box it was red.

Coconut mushrooms, Curly Wurly, Refreshers, Sherbet fountains, Fizzers, Drumsticks, Popping candy, Wham bars, Turkish delight.

Those are ones I remember looking at and wanting so badly as a kid.

Oh wait there was also a Lollypop that was a whistle but for the life of me I don't remember the name.

Cuddlekins wrote:

Oh wait there was also a Lollypop that was a whistle but for the life of me I don't remember the name.

It was "Chupa Chups Melody Pops" :D

Thats it ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif) cheers that would of bugged me all day.

fizzy cola bottles

GOBSTOPPERS!!!!

DibDabs, Cola Cubes, Fiz Pops, Flumps, HubbaBubba, Jazzles, Jaw Breakers. Rainbow Drops, Dip n' Lick thingies and Sherbert.

Jaw Breakers!!! Oh wow its been a while since I had one of those

texan bar and cola cubes

Plama Violets for sure! My favourite!! Has he mentioned that it's sweets from the 80's that he likes? I don't mean to be rude, and I hope you don't take it that way, but 80's sweeties are a fave of mine, and he's quite a bit older than me. I know there's a UK website where you can get a huge 70's sweet hamper for less than £40 which he might like a little more?

Anonymous Lady wrote:

Cuddlekins wrote:

It was "Chupa Chups Melody Pops" :D

Argh I used to love them!!

I was 90's but a lot of the sweets I grew up with have been mentioned. Were Nerds 80's? I used to love them.

Rhubarb and custard sweets, Bon Bons, what were those little puffed coloured rice li like things called...? Something like Rainbows or something.

Freddo, gobstoppers, strawberry laces, dib daps, black jacks, refreshers, love hearts,fizzers.

Amazon also sell hampers and gift boxes - just type in 'retro 80's sweets' in the search box :) x

Theres actually a retro sweet jar coming up in the black friday deals on Amazon at 3pm with a lot of the above sweets in it. Might be worth grabbing one.

I'm building my own, I've out some of his favourites in but need some more in there too

MrsMcX wrote:

Plama Violets for sure! My favourite!! Has he mentioned that it's sweets from the 80's that he likes? I don't mean to be rude, and I hope you don't take it that way, but 80's sweeties are a fave of mine, and he's quite a bit older than me. I know there's a UK website where you can get a huge 70's sweet hamper for less than £40 which he might like a little more?

The sweets aren't really that different over a small time, I just wanted people from that era or just people in general, things I may have forgotten about, but specifically sweets from a while ago rather than new sweets

Tom thumb drops 👍

Spangles, they came in red green and orange tubes I used to like them and there was jolly ranchers too

Chewy nuts!! Basically round caramel coffees covered in chocolate.

And I'm pretty sure you know your other half well enough to know what he likes.

pinkanimal wrote:

Chewy nuts!! Basically round caramel coffees covered in chocolate.

And I'm pretty sure you know your other half well enough to know what he likes.

Damn! I almost bought them but weren't sure what they were. Lol I'd think so!

ive got, giant gobstopper, choc lick, ring pops, flying saucers, candy necklaces, Bon bons, coconut mushrooms, whistle pops, dib dabs, double dips, sherbet fountain, jelly beans, popping candy, chocolate nibs, chocolate macaroons, chocolate honey comb, cherry lips and some liquorice.

thanks for your help guys