Body confidence

So, about this time every year, I start thinking about New Year’s resolutions and every year I think I should lose some weight. I have been successful over the last couple of years but, due to other health conditions and struggling with my mental health, I just can’t lose any more.

Thanks to everyone on here really, I have decided this year I want to embrace my body and myself in general. I don’t know why I always worry about how I look since I don’t tend to find people attractive based on how they look but based on their personality and in particular their voice! There is nothing wrong with my body and I don’t want to feel bad about it anymore.

I know this is probably an issue lots of people face so I thought maybe we could share what we like about our bodies or what we like about our partner’s body or even what you find attractive in a potential partner? Appologies if this is repeating something that has been done before.

15 Likes

This might help me. I’ve struggled for years with body confidence / self image. What do I like? Very very little!!

2 Likes

Hi @broom. Sorry to hear that, I’ve been the same for a lot of my life - doesn’t matter what size I am.

I’ve found reading this forum has helped me - lots of people talk openly about sex and seem confident in their bodies - it seems to be rubbing off a bit.

I should probably say what I like about myself since I’m asking other people to - I’m very predictable - I like my boobs especially in a nice lacy bra.

5 Likes

Myself, my colleagues and just about anyone else I have spoken to have put on weight during the last year due to the pandemic. Whilst I acknowledge my current habits are not healthy or sustainable long time I have for now decided to concentrate on the fact my body and mind have done an amazing job getting me through these times considering this time last year I had not long stopped having counselling for depression, feeling worthless and anxiety. We are amazing, body and mind, and are usually way too hard on ourselves.

10 Likes

I’m the rare beast that has lost weight during the last year - removing a large commute gave me more time to train. Problem is I’m fairly sure that no matter how thin I get I suspect I’ll still not like it. There will always be something.

6 Likes

My wonderful wife of twenty-two years makes me feel sooo good whatever size she might be and however she might feel about her body!

Unless size is an issue physically it doesn’t matter: love is - or should be - about emotional connection more than anything else.

Not wishing to be basic about this, but when making love the physical feelings are just wonderful whatever size or shape we may be. Emotional connection is is what matters.

To answer the specific question? I love her boobs (along with the rest of her - body and everything else) and I’m happy with my size (and fortunately she is too)!

I hope this makes sense…

3 Likes

I am of an age now where i have learned to accept my body, for years i felt i was too skinny and couldn’t put weight on. Now i have put weight on and am quite muscular from doing a physical job. My hands are scarred from various injuries sustained in the steel industry and butchery, but i accept that. My OH has changed very little in the 40 years we’ve been together, we’re both a bit heavier but nothing unhealthy.
If i have a type it’s dark haired, dark eyed, curvy women, but i wouldn’t kick a slim lady out of bed! At the end of the day, personality and mental connection is paramount, you could be the most stunning looking person in the world, but if you have a crap personality i would run a mile!
We should all accept our percieved imperfections because plenty of people out there just don’t see them!

11 Likes

@AmyA I think you’re right. This is a difficult time and we need to be kind to ourselves. Our bodies and minds are amazing really Well done on getting so far with your depression / anxiety - I am working through similar things at the moment too. Something a counsellor once said to me was that, if I spoke to my friends in the same way that I speak to myself I wouldn’t have any friends left! She had a point. Easier said than done though!

@broom Wow! You are one of the rare few who have lost weight, that shows great strength and willpower. There are so many unrealistic body images in the media, often not even real. There is definitely more to a person than their size and shape. I’m not really sure what else to say except that I know how you feel :hugs:

@300 and @WillC Well said! Thanks both of you :grinning:

2 Likes

@Kitty-Cat01 - thanks. Not so much will power, more that I like the endorphins from training. I guess I’m trying to say that I hope one day I’ll just except the way I am as no matter what I change it’s not good enough. There are also things of course that you can’t change! I sometime wonder what it would be like to not be so broad perhaps. And then of course most people with a penis would like it to be bigger - and as we know there us very little that can be done there!

1 Like

@broom - I get what you mean about the endorphins - I started working out a couple of years ago and it is quite addictive! As for penis size - large really is overrated! It’s all about technique :grin:

3 Likes

@Kitty-Cat01 sad no person with a huge one ever! Seriously though I realise that size isn’t everything but that’s just my point I guess - if it wasn’t that it would be something else.

1 Like

Two good things to come out of this year, are the time I got to spend with wee ones, time that we’ll never get back. Second - starting working out using a simple app in May, and so far have lost stone and half. Body is toned, something I’ve always wanted. The effect it has is amazing, confidence in work has improved.
@broom don’t worry lad about size, it’s the way you use it that counts. Sometimes don’t even need to use it if the foreplay is right :+1:

5 Likes

Size has been mentioned in another topic and the general opinion seemed to be that too long was painful and a bit of girth was preferable! Also, as stated, it’s how you use it that counts! :wink:

3 Likes

The crazy thing is that I’m above average!

2 Likes

Just the sound of a special voice is so, so good. Sometimes it’s hard to concentrate on the words.

1 Like

Above average and going by your profile pic, your in bloody good shape! Your in the shape I’m aiming for, lean and mean lol.
But yeah, like @WillC said, too much length can ruin things. My OH can only take all of me at certain positions, which does limit our fun together.
Don’t be so hard on yourself. Stay positive. Always here to listen lad.

2 Likes

It’s true, certain positions can be painful, so it’s best to avoid them.

I despise my body. Since I’ve stopped any form of ruyby training and excersing etc

I’ve also noticed issues flagging up, like back pain, lack of mobility etc.

So in this past week I’ve started doing more movement again, I plan to start yoga and Pilates in the new year.

Skip ropes are meant to be good aswell.

As for your question, I really like my other half smiles and just her positive personality. It definetly helps when you’ve had a shit storm of a week

2 Likes

@Melody1 Yes, exactly - can be a bit awkward though! Nice to know I’m not the only one

1 Like

Voices melt me

2 Likes