Bondage Hoods / Gimp Masks / Face Muzzles

Hey everyone

What's the general consensus on bondage hoods

Like 'em? Hate 'em? Never tried one? 

If you haven't tried one, why not? Would you ever try one? 

What would encourage you to try a hood if you haven't already? 

What has/would have the biggest impact on your decision to try a hood? 

Style / material
Price
Whether it's in an offer / a freebie with another purchase? 
Anything else?

Thanks!! 

![](upload://5VjhviwITrjVze9j3KWG9IZZTae.jpeg)

Generally not for us, as neither of us are into fetish wear as such.Althoughpersonally I do like leather corsets on a woman. I could see uses for the Cat mask as part of a Catwomen costume but that's as far as I think we would go .

Never tried one

I'm interested in trying one but there's always something else I want more.

If it was cheap. Although the with LH's returns policy I might one day go for a more expensive one, love risk free buying.

Price, then a soft material. I would be scared I'd suffocate in other materials.

I'd love a freebie, who doesn't?

Anything else?

Now you've asked! I'll have ....

If they were a part of an offer or there were some low price ones <£20 I'd give them a go but I have been reluctant to fork out lots on them in case they weren't for me.

I'd like a breathable option definitely which is soft and comfortable to wear. Also something that doesn't get too hot as I'd got long hair. Sweaty faces are not sexy :P

I've always wanted to try a bondage hood, although I'd have to have one with open mouth because I don't like the idea of being completely 'closed in'...
As long as the material was soft/no zips I wouldn't mind..
We've thought about buying one but there's always something more important to buy (new car/cooker/bed)
I personally wouldn't spend more than £20 on one

I've never tried one, I would possibly try a cat mask style, a full hood would just make me feel like a bank robber. I haven't because there's been other products that appeal to me more. If I received one free with some other bondage items or a cat mask style happened to be deal of the week then I'd give it a whirl, but it's not high on my list of to buy items. If I was to buy one, I'd want to pay less than £15 unless it was made from latex.

Hii Jess, what an interesting thread! Bondage hoods - personally, I have never tried one. I find that most of them look ugly to me because I don't like how a lot of them cling to the shape of your head and don't show your hair. I think it looks unfeminine and I know my partner would hate it. I like the ones that have cat ears best because of them not having this issue and would try one of those. I've thought about it before but then think "but when would I really wear it...?" because I never know whether it would be for fancy dress or bondage, and then if it's bondage is it pet play, some sort of superhero thing, or something else - I get easily confused ;) I get a bit put off because of the cat woman sort of connotation of it.

I'd be really put off trying any of the full-face covering masks because I think it'd be very claustrophobic.

In terms of material, I like the look of the Bad Kitty Cat Mask best, which says it's velvet. I like the look of the lace ones too, but not the shape. But I'd probably be willing to try anything so long as it wasn't real leather.

If any of them came as a freebie, I'd jump at the chance to try it because it's a form of bondage that I've never tried before, but because I'm unsure of it I think I'd be reluctant to make the choice to buy one myself, but maybe eventually.

What's the general consensus on bondage hoods?

Never tried one

If you haven't tried one, Would you ever try one - Yep sure would

What would encourage you to try a hood if you haven't already? Probably put it in an offer of the day Etc

definately Style / material and Price are big in this.

Cheers

I love, love, love them! I only have a couple bought from here though. I do have a faux leather one and 2 spandex ones. I'd love there to be a larger range. Would be good to see some bondage stuff on deal of the day/week. A good price and more choices would encourage me to buy more.

Have tried them but they freak me out completely due to bringing back some stuff into my head which happened years ago and I cant get past it x

I have never tried one, and to be honest I'm not sure. I have long hair so this has to go somewhere, and it would have to have an opening for my nose/mouth, I fear suppocation. Soft material too, not too heavy.

Its a bit vague sorry, but having never tried one not sure what I would like.

Hi Jess, I have the Bondage Boutique hood and really love it, mainly because of the feeling of being so constricted and out of control - which is a huge turn on for me. It muffles my hearing too which I also love. I also like the full blackout styles, as they make everything more intense.

The style and material are important to me. It would be nice to have more kitty/cat ears style hoods to make them more feminine :) xx

Oooh not sure I'd try one - I like eye contact with my partner! I do wonder if it would be different for him though?

We've scrolled past them on Lovehoney and I just burst into laughter because I think I'd feel ridiculous.

I've never tried one and tbh they don't really appeal to me. I much prefer blindfolds.

for me it's the look of them. I find them quite a masculine thing and they do nothing to arouse me. I think I would find it a bit creepy and sinister as they remind me of some kind of scary masked man!

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Hey everyone

What's the general consensus on http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/bondage/fetish-clothing/hoods-headgear/?

Like 'em? Hate 'em? Never tried one?

Style / material
Price
Anything else?

Thanks!!

Hiya! Never tried one...why? Ummm a few reasons. A lot of fet scene clothing just doesn't do it for me personally. I don't buy leather any more (trying to go vegan, so that massively cuts options), and was never really a fan of it anyway (at least as far as clothing is concerned). Head harnesses are a no for me, think they just look comical. I'd defo try hoods as I love a bit of sensory deprivation; but it'd have to be open mouthed for me, to at least give me the option to also wear/not wear my ballgag - e.g. bad kitty zentai hood. Actually think the bad kitty cat mask is quite hot, and would love my OH to wear something like that while pegging me. What would encourage me to try? Hmmm difficult, as I only dabble in bdsm. Whack the bad kitty cat mask on a DOTD or DOTW and I'll see if I can convince the OH Hope that helps xx

I've never tried one. I guess we should buy one but we use bondage tape to which essentially turns into a hood by the time he's finished. We usually end up spending money on other things so I guess that's why we don't own one already.

I have two hoods that i use - a spandex one with a mouthhole, and a latex one with just two small nose holes.

Used the latex one on a girlfriend last weekend and she was terrified. Particularly when i kept putting my fingers over the holes and cutting off the air supply while i fucked her.

Very hot.

I have tried a few hoods. Most were disappointing due to the material letting light in or a terrible fit.

Ideally id like a thick rubber one, open mouth and eye holes but optional coverings/gag.
Shaped to fit face, no rivets or metal loops as i prefer the plain look.
Must be flush under the chin and snug at neck and seemless design.

Needless to say i havent found the right one yet

I've never tried it.it always seems a little too extreme for me.maybe if it was something that I was introduced to gradually. I think I'm OK with the occasional blindfold but never say never ;-)

This is all really useful feedback, thanks everyone! 

If style is an issue for you, what style would you prefer?

For example, some hoods act as a blindfold and cover the eyes to heighten sensitivity, others have open mouth and eyes and are more for aesthetic purposes, and some cover the whole head and are for making the wearer feel subdued. 

To me, a bondage hood with covered eyes but an open mouth seems like the logical progression from a heavy duty blindfold as it does the same thing, but is so much more comfortable (no buckle or tie at the back of the head to lie on). 

Perhaps I'm just desensitised from working here, but does this progression make sense to you? Or do you feel as though it's an entirely different experience using a hood?