šŸ“ Bring Back Review Of The Month!

No probs :+1: @Ian_Chimp did all the hard work putting it all together to be honest. Nice to have somewhere to read them

4 Likes

I only see pros to bringing this back in :clap:

2 Likes

Iā€™m afraid none of the links to the blog posts in @Ian_Chimp 's thread work any longer since the blogs were deleted however he also (being an extremely helpful chimpanzee) created a topic of all of the review of the month winners so thankfully they can still be read here:

Review Hall of Fame

Actually, slightly cancel thatā€¦ SOME of the blog links still work in Reviews of the Month though obviously not the links to reviews within them :thinking:

3 Likes

We agree, it really does push products and brings that little bit of joy and humour to life

2 Likes

I concur! :raising_hand_woman:t2: Looooved reading Review of the Month! Iā€™m also still holding out hope for us to have review profiles again to be honestā€¦

5 Likes

Ooh, havent seen that thread. Cheers @Peitho, something to read through later :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

This would be really cool to have back :smiley:

2 Likes

I wish we could :slightly_frowning_face: Unfortunately, when we moved over I lost the function on my side that allowed the moderation team to mark reviews as ROTM-potential :sob:

6 Likes

@Lovehoney_Brenna Maybe it could be as easy as a coding issue :wink: I actually also have my own business website and with hours of coding we are able to add just about any function we want.

Or maybe start a locked thread on your end where you post the potential reviews so they are saved type thing u could evan open up polls that way :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I would need to raise it with our Third-Party reviews provider :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I donā€™t have the capacity to read 2000ish reviews and note the contenders each month, even if I do them bit by bit I would invariably miss some :confused: This was originally done by the moderation team as they checked them.

I am open to suggestions though!

6 Likes

Ah OK I wasnā€™t quiet sure how it worked !!! Quiet possibly the voting method adding a LIKE button or somthing on the actual reviews them sells!

It would be up to the members to read them and vote !

You could have it set up so on your end as a moderator you could see the reviews with most likes kinda like narrowing the selection down !!

Just a few ideas feel free to reach out I have many ideas hahaha

Also @Calie @Blonde_Bunny @Peitho @Cupc8kes @Lovehoney_Brenna @SexInTheCity and every other active participant on this forum thank you for making this such an enjoyable and informative place to be !!!

Ever sence I have found this forum I have spent everyday reading replying and enjoying the content!!!

Happy to participate and make this forum evan better !!

Thank you all

9 Likes

I think the like button on actual reviews would be very tricky as unless itā€™s a product Iā€™m interested in buying I donā€™t read many reviews on the main website monthly. With the capacity it used to have to see recently added reviews gone and with it the feature @Lovehoney_Brenna is talking about that could identify individual reviews that the moderators would send her it becomes very tricky. The old site did have this feature and it was helpful for filtering on products that had a lot of reviews so you could just read the most useful if you were interested in buying something but would not be a lot of help here where a time frame is also critical.

I think your idea, if the moderators were willing, of getting them to copy the text from a potential ROTM review into a forum post in a topic only open to Lovehoney staff would be a great way to do it. Hopefully then Brenna would only end up with 50(?) reviews to read rather than 2000ā€¦ still extra work for Brenna but no more than previously? I donā€™t however think it should then be opened up to us and a poll as this type of thing has a nasty habit of turning into a popularity contest.

My favourite option is still for the site coders to bring back the ability to link individual reviews as it was so helpful for so many features but failing this a private topic where moderators could post potential reviews for Brenna could be an option?

4 Likes

Iā€™m against bring in back if we have to make

We must be a big enough bunch to moderate and send test items to without that extra work.

2 Likes

Ponderingā€¦ (and feel free not to answer!) Aside from the inability to create a ROTM if there is no longer a system to link to specific reviews how do you go about selecting new testers based on their reviews? :thinking:

Sorry, clearly I have too much time on my hands just pootle-ing up and downa grain store with tractoring off the cards due to weather :see_no_evil:.

5 Likes

Does a moderation team no longer check and edit every review?

Also, whatā€™s a third-party reviews provider?

I never realised how complex and involved the review handling process must be. I actually feel a little (ok, quite a lot) bad for raising the topic now, Iā€™m sure you couldnā€™t be happier that this has been discontinued, it must be a giant weight off your shoulders. Hats off to you @Lovehoney_Brenna, and Iā€™m so sorry if this could have resulted in creating you a mountain of more work :see_no_evil::smile::woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

It is a real shame to lose it as it was a great blog post and a very entertainingā€¦ and on occasions purchase inducing read. I do get it is also a LOT of extra work for Brenna.

Obviously, writing helpful, informative reviews is also very much rewarded in that you get sent testers which is a definite motivator for me so the prizes arenā€™t actually important (though if itā€™s a product I feel strongly about I also love writing the review because it entertains me :joy:). No chance the moderators could be persuaded to work together to pick a few? A few of us post new reviews in the My Reviews thread but obviously a lot of people donā€™t so I feel like Iā€™m missing a lot of great review reads.

5 Likes

I find reviews on my side by searching the reviewers email (which is why it is important to submit all your reviews with the same email) :smiley:

The reviews are now moderated by our Reviews provider

Itā€™s an application, built and maintained by an external company, that integrates with our websites and allows us to collect and display product reviews from customers. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I do miss reading ROTM but I also really miss MOTM, too :cry:

3 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to explain it all @Lovehoney_Brenna . Iā€™ll go grind my axe elsewhere.
:grin:
(sorry, @Blonde_Bunny )

3 Likes

I spat my coffee - my mind is truly filthy

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes