đź“ť Bring Back Review Of The Month!

@Lovehoney_Brenna, do you think they will ever bring back Review Of The Month? Is it something that is even being considered anymore?

I miss the competition so much, everything about it. I miss reading other people’s brilliant reviews and seeing them being recognised for their efforts. I wouldn’t mind if I never won again myself, I wouldn’t even mind if I was made permanently excluded from it for being a previous winner, I’d just love for it to be a thing again and I just cannot fathom why it couldn’t be reintroduced - even if linking members reviews to their profile still cannot be figured out. Surely it was only a blog entry that has to be made with a simple link to a product and the review.

I mean, surely the whole concept of it was massively in Lovehoney’s favour anyway, not only to encourage people to write brilliant reviews for the website, but also gifting the winner and runners up website voucher prizes, which lets be honest, they would then spend on the website to purchase a toy or item that they would then also review anyway! It seems Lovehoney cannot loose here and neither can we. I myself have even purchased items that I wouldn’t have necessarily even looked at if I hadn’t have seen them in the Review Of The Month blog entry.

Can we not just bring it back?

Can we start either a poll, a protest or perhaps even some form of riot? I’m thinking a kind of vigilante lynch mob, ya know, pitch forks and fire and such…

29 Likes

Seconding this.

On a practical level, when people ask about writing good reviews, it was nice (and easy) to send them in the the direction of review of the month so they could have a look at some well written reviews. Plus it showcased different styles of reviews and how there isn’t a “one right way” to write reviews.

11 Likes

Would really love to see this would give so much encouragement:) !!!

2 Likes

This was before my time on here but this does sound like a great idea! Would it be reset every year? Maybe every other?

2 Likes

I always loved reading the review of the month. Always guaranteed to be amusing, hilarious, heart warming, or just strait up a good read.
(The douche review springs to mind. How i didnt get a stitch whilst reading that from laughing so hard i’ll never know)

6 Likes

There were definitely some epic ones. I’m definitely in the camp for bringing it back!

4 Likes

Definitely also in agreement!

I know you can’t link to the reviews specifically anymore but they could just be copied into the blog with a link to the product? I miss reading this blog.

5 Likes

I know right!

And then the winners just buy more products with their voucher prizes that they will likely review too anyway. And so the wheel keeps turning :recycle:

6 Likes

can I bring my big chopper? :grin:

Yeah the Review of the Month was fun, I’m right behind y’@Blonde_Bunny

3 Likes

Yes. Yes you can.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

when @Ian_Chimp returns, he has a voodoo links that brings them back to life

1 Like

Is it this one?

3 Likes

Sure is , :star:, featuring some of the forum’s finest reviewers, and maybe even me too
:grin:

2 Likes

No probs :+1: @Ian_Chimp did all the hard work putting it all together to be honest. Nice to have somewhere to read them

4 Likes

I only see pros to bringing this back in :clap:

2 Likes

I’m afraid none of the links to the blog posts in @Ian_Chimp 's thread work any longer since the blogs were deleted however he also (being an extremely helpful chimpanzee) created a topic of all of the review of the month winners so thankfully they can still be read here:

Review Hall of Fame

Actually, slightly cancel that… SOME of the blog links still work in Reviews of the Month though obviously not the links to reviews within them :thinking:

3 Likes

We agree, it really does push products and brings that little bit of joy and humour to life

2 Likes

I concur! :raising_hand_woman:t2: Looooved reading Review of the Month! I’m also still holding out hope for us to have review profiles again to be honest…

5 Likes

Ooh, havent seen that thread. Cheers @Peitho, something to read through later :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

This would be really cool to have back :smiley:

2 Likes