Busty Ladies - Where Do You Buy Your Bras?!

Okay, I hope that this is okay to post as long as we don't post competitor links? *fingers crossed*

I just wanted to know, where do other busty women buy their bras from? I'm a 36E, and I can't seem to find bras that don't hurt! Does anyone know of any shops that sell bras with thick straps that aren't going to cut into my shoulders, because that would be really, really appreciated!

Right now I'm not even looking for a "sexy" bra, just one that's comfortable for everyday!

Try ebay :) You can find tons of different kinds of bras and a quick search for your size shows a lot of bras with wide shoulder straps.

Raven93 wrote:

Try ebay :) You can find tons of different kinds of bras and a quick search for your size shows a lot of bras with wide shoulder straps.

Never thought of that! Thanks! :)

Hiya, I'm not sure if we're allowed to post shop names as I've had them edited out of my posts before by moderators! So it's a bit difficult. I'm a 36GG and I find it near impossible to buy sexy bras, because most high street (and Internet) shops think that large breasted women only want to wear plain white or nude. Eurgh no thank you!

I've asked Lovehoney on the pander thread probably 4 times now if they can expland their lingerie range to accommodate us lot, but I don't think they want to respond to me :p it would be great though if they could, as even a lot of the babydolls won't fit my boobs.

I love having big boobs, they compliment my figure nicely and I know lots of my friends are jealous of them, but I get so jealous of some of the smaller chested women who can pretty much shop anywhere and don't have to pay extortionate amounts just to get a bra that fits, let alone a sexy one!

If a moderator could please let me know if it's okay to give the name of some shops for big bras then I'll let you know :)

You can get non padded 36E bras in the big supermarkets. I buy my 36F s there. The ones with the wider back straps ( 3 hooks) are the most supportive for everyday wear. They are relatively inexpensive and you can try on at home and return if they don 't fit. Good luck in your search.

i also find Matalan good for bigger size bras, not expensive and they are comfy, i do like M&S but they are so expensive

but i never understand why on the larger cups they pad them out, mine are big enough without having more padding and then when you put the bra on makes my boobs massive with huge cleavage and looks so unatural, please shops stop putting padding in larger size cups

I found LaSenza good for making actually supportive and comfortably fitting bras with wide straps etc, but they have a lot of unsuitable ones too so you have to look carefully at the style. They did do bigger cup sizes but all this was before they went into administration and I don't know what the score is now! Could be worth a check though, you can certainly find them on ebay (unworn) :)

For Bedroom play Lovehoney all the way.

For every day wear My Mrs likes Bravissimo who specialize in fitting for larger boobs.

New look has a kelly brook range but cheap and sexy :)

For everyday La senza is perfect :)

Rach I disagree completely, I hate that you find a nice style bra but when it gets past DD+ they change the cups to those horrible saggy ones. I'd much rather have moulded cups, its so much more flattering, I hate how most stores change them to saggy unpadded cups. Just because my boobs are big doesn't automatically mean I don't need any shape enhancement! And I don't want to wear granny bras!

I used to shop at La Senza but they almost never have my size now, I find M&S or Debenhams the only place o can go now on the high street. (Sorry if I'm rule breaking)

Boogaloo wrote:

Rach I disagree completely, I hate that you find a nice style bra but when it gets past DD+ they change the cups to those horrible saggy ones. I'd much rather have moulded cups, its so much more flattering, I hate how most stores change them to saggy unpadded cups. Just because my boobs are big doesn't automatically mean I don't need any shape enhancement! And I don't want to wear granny bras!

I used to shop at La Senza but they almost never have my size now, I find M&S or Debenhams the only place o can go now on the high street. (Sorry if I'm rule breaking)

I agree about Debenhams they do have some nice practical stuff for curvy ladies .

I got mine from Bravissimo, they're good but a bit pricey.

Wow lots to reply to! :) Yeah I got fitted just a couple of weeks ago in Boux Avenue - and I did buy a beautiful bra from them but it just really hurts now, I'm recovering from an awkwardly broken ankle with torn ligaments and it's my bra that's hurting! I know that some bras need a really good breaking in before they get comfy but this is a pain in the bum!

I also used to shop in La Senza but like Boogaloo said, they don't offer much in the bigger sizes! Every time I would go in I would get myself measured but none of the cups looked quite right, it looked like I'd been shoved in the next available size? Like my E's had been pushed and pulled into a D and rolled in lace and sparkles and "Tah-dah - we found your chest! We pushed your boobs up to the sky so you can always find them right under your double-chin."

I'll have to try Bravissimo, sadly we don't have one near me but maybe they do online returns?

There's a New Look round the corner from my flat so I'll go have a look to see if they have the Kelly Brook range too :)

I technically live in a city, but we're not getting a Debenhams and a M&S until October - this has been 3 years coming! But when they do arrive I'll be having a look then! I'm not overly keen on underwear shopping online, being a size 20 it's often hard to find bras and pants that don't make you look like a sack of spuds!

I like boux avenue abd you can't beat a Freya deco

Bravissimo all day long ..... For years i have been going to M&S and they were telling me I was a 40g cup ..... But their bras never fit properly and were uncomfortable ...... Went to bravissimo and was measured as a 36J cup and the bras fit and lift perfectly ..... Worth travelling to get fitted, and check their website as they are opening new stores all the time 😘

My OH loves Ewa Michalek based in Poland. There's a blog called curvy wordy that we discovered then on, would recommend a read. The quality and support is superb - they do lots of little things differently that she says makes all the difference.plus they give her a cracking shape!

mysteron wrote:

Boogaloo wrote:

I agree about Debenhams they do have some nice practical stuff for curvy ladies .

i'm what i call an awkward size D cup small band Debenhams are good at stocking brands that make bras in small band sizes in a D+ cup

Wow hello ... They sound fun hunny

Lord love length wrote:

Wow hello ... They sound fun hunny

Sorry I don't understand?