Campaign Against Pink

in the words of Aerosmith- Pink is my favourite crayon, yeah!

x

For those of you who are on the campaign for less pink... you'll be very pleased to know, that right this moment, the world is exposed to less pink! About 11 1/2 inches less to be precise!

;-) It hurts! x

I so wish I hadn't read that.

any particular reason?

I was asking myself that same question.

I thought that I probably wouldn't have minded something like

"In the interests in fighting the vileness that is pink, and in fighting the good pro-other-colours fight, I have (with no thought for the dangers to myself) bravely hidden an 11.5 inch pink thing from view by sticking it up my arse. Oh, no, don't thank me, I'm blushing."

I think it was the insinuating that bothered me more than the actual idea of it, you know? Probably my issue with euphemisms or something.

Thank you for asking why instead of just jumping down my face. :)

Ok, I'm glad you appreciated me asking rather than jumping in with my dissaproval of your comment.

I'll ask another question then, Do you think it was impolite of you to post that comment?

I think it was respectful, in that I made no comments or judgements about you, only expressed my own response to it. If respectful = polite, then yes, it was polite. I don't think it was impolite.

I would agree that it wasn't the friendliest thing I ever posted.

I personally think that the comment only had a negative element. It wasn't constructive in any way and it took questioning from me in order to gain understanding that it wasn't a dig at what could have been your disgust or disapproval of my actions.

Turns out, that your comment was a little dig at the way I said what I said, rather than what I was actually saying. I still feel that just because you would have liked it phrased in a different way, to suit your personal choice, it isn't acceptable for you to post a comment purely to disapprove with what I have said.

Clearly it isn't up to you to decide what or how people say things, so I think it was impolite of you to post a comment with no constructive or positive purpose, especially with no exaplanation of what your issue actually was. If I had gone off to bed and saw that comment in the morning without having the opportunity to ask you about your motives for saying it, I would have definately been offended.

Thanks and hope you don't take this to heart, I'm sure you wont. x

Strapon! wrote:

Turns out, that your comment was a little dig at the way I said what I said, rather than what I was actually saying. I still feel that just because you would have liked it phrased in a different way, to suit your personal choice, it isn't acceptable for you to post a comment purely to disapprove with what I have said.

Clearly it isn't up to you to decide what or how people say things, so I think it was impolite of you to post a comment with no constructive or positive purpose, especially with no exaplanation of what your issue actually was.

If I wished I hadn't read something, I can't change that. I still wish I hadn't read it. Wishing I hadn't read something is a different thing to digging at anybody.

If you don't like what I say, you are equally free to respond, as I was, and as you have.

I appreciate that you didn't like my comment. However, you are now expressing your dislike of the answer I gave which you directly solicited. So I will try to remain aware that if you directly solicit my responses, I may not want to offer them.

I made no comment about you changing the fact that you wished you hadn't read the comment. That's fine, but just ask yourself....why take the active effort of actually typing a comment purely to criticise or have a dig at someone.

You say that, "Wishing I hadn't read something is a different thing to digging at anybody", which is true, but when you put that into writing to make the other person aware that you wish you hadn't read it, that's when it becomes a dig.

I feel with the last paragraph of your above response, you are mistaken. I only have an issue with your initial comment, which was not solicited by me in any way. The justifcation of your comment was indeed solicited by me, and I have no issue with these comments. I will only ask a question if I'm prepared for an honest answer. You gave me an honest answer, and I have taken no offence to your response. I only take offence to your unnecessary dig where no reply was asked or needed.

Also, you said:

I think it was the insinuating that bothered me more than the actual idea of it, you know? Probably my issue with euphemisms or something.

The fact that you have said the insinuation bothered you more than the actual idea of it, shows that the actual idea of it bothered you also. If this was not the case, you would'nt specified that "the actual idea of it" had any bearing on your initial response.

I think this is very rude. The fact that you went out of your way to show disapproval shows that the comment was a negative one, which was totally unnecessary.

On top of this, you admitted yourself that, "it wasn't the friendliest thing I ever posted", and that makes me ask, why did you say it then? We are all generally a friendly bunch, so if you are aware that what you're saying isn't friendly, why say it? This also makes me think that it was a rude comment and I would prefer you not to take an active effort to be unfriendly to me ( I can't speak for anyone else) in the future, unless I have explicitly asked for an opinion, in which case if you wish to respond in an unfriendly manner, that is your own perogative.

Thanks

*is baffled by this turn of conversation*

Strapon! wrote:

The fact that you have said the insinuation bothered you more than the actual idea of it, shows that the actual idea of it bothered you also. If this was not the case, you would'nt specified that "the actual idea of it" had any bearing on your initial response.

You're right. I wish I hadn't read about your masturbation which was unrelated to the colour pink. Reading about your masturbation bothered me, and I also felt it was off topic.

Well, my last vibrator was a bright pink rampant rabbit, so I can't say I've got a problem with it. Lol. But I don't like pink myself, to be honest. I mean, I used to have a barbie house the same colour as my vibrator. I prefer natural colours, clear, silver or blue.

It does annoy how anything made for a woman is automatically pink as it will apparantly make us want to buy it. Siven the choice i'd rather not have anything pink.

when you close your eyes colour doesn't matter anymore

I hadn't really thought about it much but it does strike me as funny that, being a bit of an elderly goth (purple and black), I have ended up with a wee box of pink toys! It wasn't deliberate - 2 are that colour only and the third was a cosmic joke - I had ordered purple but couldn't be bothered returning it!

I do think Mr. JayGee finds it a bit off-putting though.

I quite like the pink stuff really. Maybe I'm a girl at heart =P

I don't see what difference it makes what colour it is. They are for playing with not looking at ;)

As long as it does the job it's made for why care!!! :-)

I f it was purple with green spots would you be a martianest ...lol

God, absolutly hate pink....so dam girlie..... (sorry been drinking as OH isnt home yet, and here I am trussed up witth the basque, fishnets, and killer heels on.....!)

And dont sugest that I go off and DIY as I did that already!