Campaign Against Pink

My cock is pink, I've never had any complaints of the colour!

I agree both of mine are purple but my lady finger would pass off as pink. I would prefer another colour, something less erm...pink? I dont hate pink, its girly and fun but when looking at toys, i avoid pink so i have some variety.

I've talked about this with Hubs. Neither of us care much about the colour, it's the effects and sensations that matter most. Colour choice is a long way down on our criteria list.

I don't mind pink, but it's not my favourite. I think a really nice for a real woman is red, but red sex toys would remind me of blood or sth like that, and, at least for me, it's not a sign of good fun in bed! :P

Anyway when it comes to dildos or vibrators, colour doesn't matter, as usually they're for other things than looking at them :)

i LOVE pink vibrators!! most of mine are pink, but i often find there arent ENOUGH pink ones in the selections or all the pink ones are sold out. there should definately be more choice, but only so that the pink ones arent sold out by the time i get to them!!! x

Before I got my first sex toy, I was looking at the selection in Ann Summers. There was a very nice saleswoman in there who was explaining to me all the different stuff and making recommendations when I said I'd never used one before. There was one she showed me, as she put down the display model she said "And best of all its pink and sparkly!" I hate pink. If I was more shallow, I would not buy that vibe because it was pink.

I don't know if people have noticed but the Erotic Rocket [http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15359] is now also in black/yellow rather than pink/purple colour combo... I like the new black one, but my sturdy ol' pink one is still doing the business very well so it doesnt need replacing yet! :)

This is probably a bit sad, but I do like my sex toys to match...so once I had a few pink and purple ones, I felt compelled to keep buying things in those colours, even if there were other options D:. It is all getting a bit overwhelmingly pink though, I feel a bit queasy opening my toy drawer because of the sheer pinkitude of it all.

I can't say I've ever really thought about colour too much, as long as it does the job! That said, none of my vibes are pink, but that wasn't really a concious choice.

If you can see the colour, are you sure you're doing it right?

As a bloke, I'm not really fussed about colours. However I did get one of them make your own dildo kit things for my girl, that came out a deep coffee colour which was disapponting but only because it was modelled on me.

I like a bit of pink!

SG69 x

WandA wrote:

If you can see the colour, are you sure you're doing it right? External Media

i see your point, but especially for women, visual appeal does matter to at least some degree... i mean, i own some dildos that were bought partly cause they looked the way they did (take the jelly double dildo - i picked black because its slutty and intimidating, etc (to me at least) and that turned me on)

if colours/designs didnt matter, no one would make a range of colours in their products, but they do so there must be some appeal!

i like my black double dildo - looks more... i dont know.. slutty? i guess. i love the look of it :D

LivingFire wrote:

i see your point, but especially for women, visual appeal does matter to at least some degree... i mean, i own some dildos that were bought partly cause they looked the way they did (take the jelly double dildo - i picked black because its slutty and intimidating, etc (to me at least) and that turned me on)

if colours/designs didnt matter, no one would make a range of colours in their products, but they do so there must be some appeal!

It does matter to some extent and I do understand that, as I said I found my experience disappointing with the make your own cock kit but I just don't understand HATING a colour. I just think its people being a bit too picky. External Media I guess we all have our irrational peeves!

I carnt remember which one, it comes in a clear tube with a red label. It was just a browny coffee colour, not my skin tone when I ordered the lightest colour, was a year of two ago. It went horriblely wrong for me during moulding but that was my fault really.

I have used the mould a pussy kit too! That worked alot better moulding... but the mould was a really stupid shape.

They were more difficult than I imagined.

Yeah, the instructions are better now anyway, as I said, it was mainly my fault I think.

I just think it's really fiddley. I wouldn't suggest getting it as a surprise. It's hard to concentrate, while staying hard and not panicing because you only have about a min window to do it. Use it with a partner.

I think colour invokes images in your mind. Like LivingFire likes black cause it seems slutty, but I find it a nice comfortable colour ( but maybe that's because I'm bit of a metalhead =p ) I don't like pink, never have. I wouldn't buy a toy cause the colour looked "cool" but if I had a choice of pink, black or red, I wouldn't pick pink. At the same time if a toy was only available in pink I'd buy it as it still gives pleasure.

miss fortune wrote:

I think colour invokes images in your mind. Like LivingFire likes black cause it seems slutty, but I find it a nice comfortable colour ( but maybe that's because I'm bit of a metalhead =p ) I don't like pink, never have. I wouldn't buy a toy cause the colour looked "cool" but if I had a choice of pink, black or red, I wouldn't pick pink. At the same time if a toy was only available in pink I'd buy it as it still gives pleasure.

as am i, my dear ;)

I like them in black, apart from the glass ones, but i like everything in black. She on the other hand would like them like every thing else all pink and sparkly, but for some reason not blue or green.

she even wants me pink and sparkly, maybe like a giant toy?

LivingFire wrote:

I don't know if people have noticed but the Erotic Rocket [http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15359] is now also in black/yellow rather than pink/purple colour combo... I like the new black one, but my sturdy ol' pink one is still doing the business very well so it doesnt need replacing yet! :)

It looks like a taser in black!