Campaign Against Pink

I don't mind the colour too much, it's what the toy does that matters to me! =P

I'm not a huge fan of pink though and I would hate that shop you spoke about, pink everywhere? Ew! =P

BUT I do prefer the colour blue to pink. ;)

In life i;m deff not a pink girl kinda person but I ant help but be frawn to pink sex toys. Strange maybe but it could be because i'll always know where they are as they'll be the only pink things I really own! lol

Just don't come to associate everything pink with sex toys!

Lubyanka wrote:

Darth wrote:

I have no problem with pink being available, I just hate when it's the ONLY colour availble. Because it's very much a little-girls-and-barbie colour to me.

I've got that little-girl-barbie response to pink too. I hasten to add, I'm not saying pink = bad, I'm saying that I have a strong response to the colour pink which feels unpleasant to me.

Yep, i agree wholeheartedly! Especially pastel pinks! x MC x

I have to say it is not the colour i think about but how good it works

I can't say that colour is the most important factor but if toys are available in a different colour than pink I'll tend to pick the other colour.

(unless it's blue - kinda clinical which isn't my thing)

A bit off topic but I get annoyed with the breast cancer stuff that is about £4 but they give a whole 5p to the charity! Whooop de bloody do!

Breast cancer stuff is always *really* expensive and only a bit goes to charity....I'd rather stick the whole lot in a charity tin.

Ax

I agree that other conditions should have exposure but it's not something that can be solved by asking Breast Cancer to hide its light under a bushel.

I'm not always a fan of everything pink but I know that it's an extremely priviliged position to have, hence why I cannot fathom these 'anti' sites.

pink is not one of my fave colours (unless nipple or pleased pussy pink as both of those are lovely)

more colour options on toys would be great

headsouth wrote:

Very very much NOT about sex toys, but still very relevant to the chat here - http://www.pinkstinks.co.uk/

WandA, I really agree with you - assuming I understand you. It's a really hard topic to broach, but I get very fed up with Breast Cancer being the "fashionable disease", for want of a less offensive phrase. I never mean to offend anyone, but it's as if no other cancers, or other diseases for that matter, even exist when put up against the emotive images associated with breasts diseases. I really hope no one is offended by my comments, but it drives me insane that so many other much more serious and deserved conditions get ignored.

I thought that would redirect me to the lovly company that is FemmeFresh 'cos vaginas smell (apparently)!

Why does the internet have the abilty to make us ranty about almost anything? Must hold it back...

headsouth wrote:

WandA wrote:

headsouth wrote:

Very very much NOT about sex toys, but still very relevant to the chat here - http://www.pinkstinks.co.uk/

I thought that would redirect me to the lovly company that is FemmeFresh 'cos vaginas smell (apparently)!

Why does the internet have the abilty to make us ranty about almost anything? Must hold it back...

Generally they smell pretty good to me... But anyway, it's a really interesting site, and it's also really really up against it. We thought we had it bad buying clothes for my son where he gets one aisle in a clothes shop compared to 6 for girls, however you then try and buy clothes for girls and it's 5 3/4 aisles of pink and 1/4 of other colorurs...

And as for the ranting.... http://xkcd.com/386/

Ad: "That's you that is." (To me).

Oops!

Made me laugh! I will not rant about 'fit' boys on kid's clothes...

Tigerlilies wrote:

I agree that other conditions should have exposure but it's not something that can be solved by asking Breast Cancer to hide its light under a bushel.

I agree with this but I do agree it's frustrating that some things seem to evoke more emotions than others. Male cancers, for example, should be represented more in terms of awareness campaigns. Particular testicular cancer because it's a young men's cancer which many people are unaware of and should be!

Keeping on topic - most things that come in pink have another option (from what I've noticed) but personally I like most colours and nothing really bothers me apart from lilac (purple is my favourite colour [though that changes on a weekly basis] but I just can't stand lilac) and brown (unless it's mimicking skin tone).

Ax

I have an irrational dislike of lilac too... Perhaps its my despisation (Huh, is that a word? Wordies, help me out with a catchy word for 'to despise') of lavender.

headsouth wrote:

WandA wrote:

I have an irrational dislike of lilac too... Perhaps its my despisation (Huh, is that a word? Wordies, help me out with a catchy word for 'to despise') of lavender.

I think it's called being doilyphobic.

Meh? Aren't doilies those weird nan mats on tables?

In richards post, he talks about the search menu, It's crazy how much that's changed now!