Can flat shoes ever be "Sexy" ?

I think we're all aware of the llink between high heels and sexiness, they elongate the legs, make the hips swing in a sexy way, flatten the tummy and thrust ou the breats. but can flat shoes ever be called sexy?

I must admit from my point of view i have to say no but i love high heels. lol

I think they can - an attractive woman will look just as sexy in flat shoes a high ones. Sometimes I think flats/trainers can look more sexy - effortlessly beautiful instead of trying too hard. I also think pretty flip-flops show off nice feet!

xxKPxx

Being of hobbit-esque stature myself (I barely make 5'2") I won't leave the house without heels of some sort. I hate how I look in flats and I just dont find flat shoes sexy at all. They make me feel dowdy for some reason.

I don't do stilettos though; they're just instruments of torture.

I'm 5ft 2 but I love flats and heels.

Yes high heels are sexy, but flats kinda give me that innocent girl next door look. Plus I love 60s style so I wear a pair of flats with a little 60s style dress and black over the knee stocks.

Always get attention so guess men like it lol

yes flats are sexy! sexier than being in constant pain, having hip and joint problems ( from wearing high heels too much) and not being able to walk properly.

i love flats, im 5"10 so i prefure flats most of the time, if go for heels, as bizarre as it sounds i go for mahoosive ones as im already tall i think a small heel makes me look kinda awkward, whereas a 6inch heel makes me stand proud and brings out my inner dominatrix, after all, its the confidence thats sexy, not the actuall shoes, its about how they make you feel xx

Shoes don't do much for me anyway so I'd say they can be as sexy as highs!

I think the right woman can easily look sexy in flats - however I also think it very difficult for flat shoes themselves to be sexy...

flats, for me, mean work. they mean running after 9 year old kids, trapesing up and down 67 steps between the classroom and the photocopier, and grumbling to myself about chivalry being dead as i stand on the tube watching a comfortably seated businessman play sudoku on his ipad.

heels, for me, mean WEEKEND!!

It depend on the woman in the shoes & if they feel sexy in them, I think either heels or flat shoes can be sexy, but I prefer knee/ mid calf boots to shoes they look great on my better half, trainers don't really spell sexy for me though.

I only wear flat shoes for work and the ocasional trianer day. all the other time i wear boots i dont like flat shoes

I am a woman, so... I guess not the best judge, but I would say it depends on the woman, how she present herself. And not the shoes (I hope, as I cannot wear high heals normally due to once really badly injured ankle, plus I am tall as it is). Plus some flat shoes are nevertheless very well made. And elegant.

Depending on the woman and the shoes, they can be sexier.There is a kindy of earthy, effortless sexiness about some.

That sort of mildy bohemian sex goddess sort of look. Free love, beach feel, ect ect.

I agree with some of the people that have mentioned it depends on the woman.

I'm not a big fan of shoes but I know it's not really the shoes- Confidence is sexy!

If I wear heels I'd need to have someone to permanently hold on to. I'm too much a clutz.. >.<

I guess it's also worth mentioning that healthy feet are a hell of a lot sexier than the abnormalities heels can cause.

Pixieking wrote:

I guess it's also worth mentioning that healthy feet are a hell of a lot sexier than the abnormalities heels can cause.

Though flats can in fact be just as damaging. A 2inch heel is ideal but variation of heel height is the best for the legs and ankles.

Adx

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me about that. Saw something about that aaaages ago. Caused dropped arches and things I believe. Can't win can you?

I have balance issues (seriously) and sometimes I can lose my balance even when I'm standing still, or walk into walls when I'm trying to walk in a straight line....So I think wearing High heels all the time would be a no-no. Plus my feet are a nuisance so comfy shoes are a must. But if I was trying to look sexy then I'd go for high heels every time. Although I do find that flat boots with skinny jeans tucked in gets me more attention than average too so I wouldn't rule flats out completely. Also, I've noticed that men with feet/shoe fetishes seem to be more interested in flats/trainers (correct me if I'm wrong)....

Pixieking wrote:

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me about that. Saw something about that aaaages ago. Caused dropped arches and things I believe. Can't win can you?

Nope you can't!

I find flats really do damage to my calf muscles too. But I'm abnormal External Media

I also have the joys (like cNr said) of poor proprioception (due to my joints) meaning balance isn't perfect and I can walk into/fall off things easily and my joints (ankles, knees, hips, back and shoulders all affected with high heels) can't stand heels as much as they used to but flats can give me shin splints from tendonitis and calf muscle damage.

I am a heel addict so this year is all about getting back into heels on a regular basis without the injury by strengthening joints and varying heel height often (rather than getting a fave pair of shoes and sticking to 'em).

But it's all for me, WandA isn't all that fussed on shoes.

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Pixieking wrote:

Though flats can in fact be just as damaging. A 2inch heel is ideal but variation of heel height is the best for the legs and ankles.

Adx

They sure can. But depends on what exactly you mean by flat shoes. If you mean really flat, that is bad for sure and can damage your instep. I actually have shoes which are more expensive, but really well made, they are made to suit your feet and not to cause damage. Basically any badly made shoes can hurt your feet and legs.

If we are speaking about high heals I really immagine high heals (above 5cm) and I don´t think those are healthy if used often.

I wouldn't say that I find flats sexy... I think some of them can be cute if worn the right way, like deck shoe type pumps but most others just give off other feelings than sexy.

It's always down to the person who wears them though. How a person moves or carries themselves whilst wearing whatever shoes has more of an impact I think.