Can flat shoes ever be "Sexy" ?

I agree that its the confidence is sexy, although alot of men like heels and long legs so i can see what they get the idea that heels are sexy.

However, although im only 5'1, i cant wear heels to save my life, all i need to do is look at a pair and my feet hurt lol. I basically live in flip flops and my checker board vans - thats it lol.

I would love to wear heels more and be able to keep wearing them for more than 20 minutes, but i physically cannot do it, it causes to much pain.

Although i find that a pair of skinny jeans and some nice flip flops or ballet pumps get the thumbs up.

Personally for me flat shoes aren't sexy however, I agree that a nice pair of ballet pumps with a nice pair of trousers can look good - just for me personally heels are so much more sexy!

Heels are so sexy. But after wearing 5" heels to the Rocky Horror Show a couple of months ago i can understand flats, they were killers. It also depends on who,s wearing them. Some woman look sexy whatever they wear.

All heights of shoe can be sexy, but it is rare to find someone designing "practical" shoes to look that good.

Having said that, it's 90% the person wearing them anyway, the shoe is just the icing on the cake...

LittleMiss1981UK wrote:

I'm 5ft 2 but I love flats and heels.

Yes high heels are sexy, but flats kinda give me that innocent girl next door look. Plus I love 60s style so I wear a pair of flats with a little 60s style dress and black over the knee stocks.

Always get attention so guess men like it lol

I have to agree... i'm 5'4 and my OH is 5'11 so i have earned the name hobbit! But i love the whole flats and capris fashion which if needs be can be sexied up. Its usually for daytimes though at night i live in kitten heels.

LittleMiss1981UK wrote: I'm 5ft 2 but I love flats and heels. Yes high heels are sexy, but flats kinda give me that innocent girl next door look. Plus I love 60s style so I wear a pair of flats with a little 60s style dress and black over the knee stocks. Always get attention so guess men like it lol I have to agree... i'm 5'4 and my OH is 5'11 so i have earned the name hobbit! But i love the whole flats and capris fashion which if needs be can be sexied up. Its usually for daytimes though at night i live in kitten heels.

I find wearing flat shoes hurt my legs and feet if worn for too long. I have very high arch feet which a lot of flat shoes seem to be too flat for and end up stretching the muscle too much. I have a lot of heels I even have a pair of doc martin heels for walking in the country side I find them that comfy.

My running shoes are of course flat but I often have to add additional support with an ankle wrap or jelly arch support that slides into the shoe.

I do have two pairs of flat shoes for going out in but I wouldn't call them sexy, they are kind of what I would call 'cute'.

I would like more heels but really only have 3 or 4sexy pairs, one pair being pvc thigh highs which my thighs are really too small for... I saddly just can't afford lots of sexy shoes

From a male persective, heels dominate the sexier look. But seeing a girl wearing ridiculous heels that are on a knife point stumbling around isn't sexy at all. However a good pair of snow boots really tickles the fantasies.

Some good examples of both here,

http://hungry2bethin.xanga.com/736792872/i-go-back-to-december-all-the-time/

theres an article on Red magazine online about how flats are bad for your feet today!

mtunreal69 wrote:

From a male persective, heels dominate the sexier look. But seeing a girl wearing ridiculous heels that are on a knife point stumbling around isn't sexy at all. However a good pair of snow boots really tickles the fantasies.

Some good examples of both here,

http://hungry2bethin.xanga.com/736792872/i-go-back-to-december-all-the-time/

i find it hilarious watching girls try to watch on super high hells but look more like they are trying to keep themselves upright!!

Yeah, its shocking. Eventually guna fall over and break yourself. Its not sexy to watch inflicted clumsiness and then to complain about the pain. Do yourself a favour, wear something comfortable and save your feet from the hassle, because how are you meant to enjoy play time if your feet are throbbing and can't stand up. I'm guessing the type of lady's that likes to endure such collosus heights of stupidity aren't sexually enlighented.

chipNroll wrote:

I have balance issues (seriously) and sometimes I can lose my balance even when I'm standing still, or walk into walls when I'm trying to walk in a straight line....So I think wearing High heels all the time would be a no-no. Plus my feet are a nuisance so comfy shoes are a must. But if I was trying to look sexy then I'd go for high heels every time. Although I do find that flat boots with skinny jeans tucked in gets me more attention than average too so I wouldn't rule flats out completely. Also, I've noticed that men with feet/shoe fetishes seem to be more interested in flats/trainers (correct me if I'm wrong)....

I agree and i've got some lovely gold sandals with a diamond shape made out of diamontes on the top of the foot i love them but i do love heels too, especially in the bedroom! External Media

Ilovemyman wrote:

chipNroll wrote:

I have balance issues (seriously) and sometimes I can lose my balance even when I'm standing still, or walk into walls when I'm trying to walk in a straight line....So I think wearing High heels all the time would be a no-no. Plus my feet are a nuisance so comfy shoes are a must. But if I was trying to look sexy then I'd go for high heels every time. Although I do find that flat boots with skinny jeans tucked in gets me more attention than average too so I wouldn't rule flats out completely. Also, I've noticed that men with feet/shoe fetishes seem to be more interested in flats/trainers (correct me if I'm wrong)....

I agree and i've got some lovely gold sandals with a diamond shape made out of diamontes on the top of the foot i love them but i do love heels too, especially in the bedroom! External Media

i have a gorgeous pair of peep toe heels that dont get past the bedroom mainly as i can't walk in them!!!

for me, sexy isnt always about dressing up...

for example, i love seeing my OH in just a long t-shirt and flip flops just as much as i love seeing her in heels and a killer outfit.

obviously theres a time and place for everything!

Each to their own but I ADORE flats. The only heels I took to uni this term are a pair of sturdy boots.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/mar/11/fashion-high-heels

Hadley Freeman is never wrong:

The girls in stilettos might have longer legs at the party. But surely one who is wearing pretty flats with a cocktail dress, gaily dashing about talking to people and, if I do say so myself, RULING the dancefloor is a damn sight more attractive than some mopey Mary sitting on the sidelines, admiring her shoes. Maybe my legs do look stumpier than Gwyneth's. But I bet I'm a lot more fun at a party.

P.S, I used to be a heels addict. Like, we're talking 5 inch heels to go on country walks.

Having been dropped at the wrong bus stop today and subsequently having had to leg it back to the train station to catch my train, I'm now revising my earlier flats v. heels post.

They're only 2 inch heels but God almighty my poor feet!!!

Can't speak for anyone else, but my boy loooooves my steel-toe shitkickers. Heels don't go with my flailing malcoordination.

I would say so ballerina pumps are nice for a footjob but high heels rule, the height is sexy I like a woman to dominate me with her shoes !

I have never come across a pair of flat shoes that I can consider 'sexy'.

I cannot walk in heels at all - brilliant for bondage games and stuff, just a pair of high street heels and im at the dominants mercy

I always wear flats - decent shoes with support, none of these cheap ballarina flats or ugg boots that are basically slippers.

its far sexier being able to be mobile and do things than to look pretty in my opinion