Changing things up

As many may know on here from my talks, I’ve been on antidepressants for years.
Finally today I’ve started a journey in lowering my dosage, with the help of a doctor, which I’m equally optimistic and batshit scared about as I’m not sure how it’ll effect me :face_with_spiral_eyes: but I think now is time to try reintroduce myself to feelings again.

28 Likes

I’m no expert but take things slowly and don’t expect too much of yourself.
Also give yourself little daily treats, anything you enjoy just to have something to look forward to/aim for.
Good luck, and you know there’s always support here. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

5 Likes

It’s great to hear you have the help of a doctor with this; hope it goes well.

3 Likes

Good luck @AJSTAR hope you manage to get back to living a fulfilled life with no dependence on the antidepressant we are all with you if you need support :muscle:

4 Likes

That’s fab news @AJSTAR

Baby steps and take it a day at a time.

Try and give yourself something positive to look forward to each day…even the smallest of things to brighten your day.

Feelings are good…don’t be frightened of them.

You got this…if you need support or are having a meh day there’s always someone on here to rant to.

Hugs
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

I like daily treats but I eat them all too often lol

I’d been thinking on doing this for most of the year but only now plucked up the motivation to try it after the local doctor poked me about it saying I’d been on them for ages and I should think coming off.

1 Like

Think the thing what’s scaring me the most is if the feelings and everything comes rushing back in my head again too quickly

Thank you that’s really kind and comforting to say :hugs: hopefully I won’t notice too dramatic change as am going down to 50mg from 100mg

1 Like

Coming off them can be a long road with the odd pothole (or setback) on the way. Got that t-shirt. But hang in there on the bad days and make hay on the good days. Better horizons are ahead my friend xx

2 Likes

Maybe some meditation or absorption in something like music would help, and remember that it’s just feelings coming back, nothing’s changed in the actual world.

3 Likes

Good luck and it’s good that you’re going through it with a doctor :blush:

One day at a time and be kind to yourself :purple_heart:

We’re here to support you :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Hey @AJSTAR :people_hugging:, one step at a time like a satnav…starting point and destination in sight, start off slow, take your time to admire and take in what’s going around you. Every time your journey’s good, give yourself a treat (it doesn’t need to be edible :blush:)
If things get overwhelming get into a passing place till the rush passes and then you can go again. If you get stuck going round in circles get off the roundabout and keep going forward . Remember the windscreen is wide and shows you the clear picture of what’s in front . The rearview mirror shows you what you’ve left behind and how far you’ve come.
You can and will get through this , you have a lot of supportive friends on here , lean on us if/when you need to and best of luck going forward :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Your definitely doing the right thing @AJSTAR and doing it the right way.
Nothing to worry about if you do it slowly and let your body adjust to the lower dosages. Then over time you might find yourself gradually weened off them. Been there too

Good luck in your quest to be meds free :+1:

2 Likes

Take everyday as its come & good luck with your journey @AJSTAR. Please dont forget that we are all here for you.

2 Likes

Good luck.
Similar path and this place definitely helps when on low days

1 Like

Good luck!
Your posts are always so positive, when you have any down days ~ they come to us all ~ give yourself the same kindness you give to everyone else.

2 Likes

Hope it goes ok for you x stay strong and positive as u can. Love yourself :slight_smile:

1 Like

@AJSTAR Hope everything goes well for you :hugs:

1 Like

@AJSTAR Good luck, it is definitely possible, my son managed to get off them after 4 years, took a while but he’s totally off them now which is great!