Changing things up

@AJSTAR As everyone has given great advice about taking it slowly and dealing with setback , should they happen . Back when I was an emergency medical technician I went on many calls for people having all sorts of mental problems and anxiety ( which I have been fighting for over 40 years ) and depression that my wife has been battling almost as long were the top two . Each person is different and changes over time . I use subliminal meditation that I found way better at helping me than any drugs . As for depression it is interesting how something unplanned like an old tv show or a certain song can rip a person right out their funk . As others have said , give yourself a mental treat , take a little time to enjoy something you like or love . It may be a long road , or it might not take as long as you might guess . Good luck , were are all here for you .

4 Likes

I’ll do my best and if it’s too much then I could always go back up on them again I guess :thinking:

1 Like

I just worry as my feelings tend to make me a tad crazy in the sense of becoming over obsessive and darkly depressed :face_with_spiral_eyes: but I’m trying this out to see if anything has changed inside me since them days

I dare say my doctor done the bare minimum to help with signs of incompetence and wanted to originally cut me down to 25mg from 100mg which my preferred doctor of choice said I shouldn’t come off them dramatically like that as the side effects could be bad! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Ooh I loved this description :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: thank you so much for them words, let’s hope it’s a good quality satnav and not one of them that tries taking you down a dodgy path! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you :pray: I just hope I don’t get that rush feeling of the flood gates being open again

Thank you :pray: I do feel very blessed to have everyone on here as a great supportive hub.

1 Like

Hope your path has been going well so far and are managing through it alright :pray:

1 Like

Thank you I shall try too​:pray: Just need to work on healing up from this darn tonsillitis I’ve woken up with today :mask:

1 Like

Weirdly I’d always said I wanted to wait till was in a good place with a relationship before coming off my meds but somehow the way I’ve been thinking this year and last year is maybe I need to just go for it and not wait for life to happen :relieved:

Thank you :pray:

2 Likes

So glad to hear that, and is he feeling a lot better for having come off them?

Very intriguing to read and yes I remember before being on meds random things like old people would make me break down crying or seeing affections of love :face_with_peeking_eye: I do need to explore myself again to see what actually makes me feel happy and gives joy so that shall be one of my mini targets :relieved:

1 Like

Good luck to you. I, on the other hand, am just about to start the damned things again after nearly a ten year break.

Top of the range satnav for you @AJSTAR :blush:hold on tightly to that wheel and look straight ahead :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: you can do this mister :muscle:t2:

1 Like

Thanks - I appreciate the support x

2 Likes

Yes, he’s feeling a whole lot better (and he’s more fun to be around too!), thanks for asking.

@AJSTAR slow and steady is a good thing. Wondering if you considered or done therapy? No need to answer but I found this one be very helpful in conjunction with starting meds. I don’t know if you are in the position, but I do encourage people to take mental health days off work if needed in order to take the day and wither it away as needed… binge watching a show, eating chocolate or whatever… lose myself in a book, take a day to have spa time, take a beautiful walk in the forest for me. There’s research on something called forest baths (Japanese) that its grounding to walk in the forest and just 20 minutes can change your brain waves, I think that’s amazing!

I wish you well on your journey. I’m glad you are getting support in this :blush:

Exactly!
Over time, as humans we evolve/change - everything about us whether it’s physically or mentally.
So you have to give yourself a good chance to see how you can deal with things now. You could be positively surprised how well you can handle your feelings and emotions now - or you may learn other ways to deal with them along the way.

But most importantly - stay positive!
Don’t think too much about the past and feel worried.
Focus on what’s ahead, the future, what you want.
Keep up the positive thoughts.
When you’re feeling blue, go do something with yourself where you can put your mind to work on more important things.

I know it’s easier said than done - but you’re taking a step in the right direction.
Slowly but surely you’ll get there.
Life is passing us by so you’ve got to make the most of it and enjoy being young, free and single while you still are :wink:

4 Likes

Oh nooo going back on them again? I guess in ways you’ve managed being off to know you need time back on them again maybe?! :no_mouth:

1 Like