Children in need

I was just wondering what people are doing for children in need?

we get to wear our pjs all day at work i'm looking forward to being nice and comfy all day!

I have done the pjs thing in the past, not got anything planned this year.

i'm holiding a bakesale + a tombla

* bump * i get to wear my pjs at work all day tomorrow!

cant really give anything this year, though have in the past

innocent-on-the-outside wrote:

just got back we rased 94.57!

just got back we rased 94.57!

Well done!!!!!

Is it wrong that my children in need rant is about how the Doctor Who specials are rubbish these days???

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Done nothing. But congrats to those who did.

I really don't like to give to children in need (yeah, yeah, throw the rotton tomatoes at me, I'm a bitch) but I have no money to give and if I did I refuse to give my rightful money to those when the governments and councils and equivilents around the world should be paying for and preventing.

Its a similar reason why I don't give to charities for third world aid... How many millions, no, billions have been given, and how much has actually reached those who need it? Its the fat cats behind the wall who take their own large cut of donations and the poor are given just enough for something to show for it like a shabby school or a pump water well. I wont give my much needed money to some fat cat who spends it on another solid gold statue. The tories are bad enough for that here!

Not to even mention all the damned dispicable things the government is doing to all of us 'real' people now. The EU is going to crash and burn. It will end in another depression, forget recession! I'd rather keep what little money I have while I still am able to get it!

Where is the charity for the disabled who are being stripped of benefits they are entitled to after working all their lives? Where is the charity for all the elderly who will die this winter because they will be unable to heat their homes?

Ok. Rant over. Feel free to remove this post if it causes offence. But it's not meant to cause offence at all, This is really how I feel about it all. Not everyones view, I'm sure, but I feel pretty strongly in my opinion as I'm sure is noticable..

Actually, I just about agree with you - myself and a colleague had this conversation just the other day.

I equally mean no offence but there are a lot of charities out there who struggle to get donations but the same big charities get money over and over and over and you have to wonder where all the money is going....

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

I really don't like to give to children in need (yeah, yeah, throw the rotton tomatoes at me, I'm a bitch) but I have no money to give and if I did I refuse to give my rightful money to those when the governments and councils and equivilents around the world should be paying for and preventing.

Where is the charity for the disabled who are being stripped of benefits they are entitled to after working all their lives? Where is the charity for all the elderly who will die this winter because they will be unable to heat their homes?

Ok. Rant over. Feel free to remove this post if it causes offence. But it's not meant to cause offence at all, This is really how I feel about it all. Not everyones view, I'm sure, but I feel pretty strongly in my opinion as I'm sure is noticable..

Actually, I just about agree with you - myself and a colleague had this conversation just the other day.

I equally mean no offence but there are a lot of charities out there who struggle to get donations but the same big charities get money over and over and over and you have to wonder where all the money is going....

i agree to and volunteer at one of my local charitys, the girls decided they wanted to help with children in need though

I hate CIN in the college: entire day, we can't go five minutes without some twat in PJs or a "sexy schoolgirl" outfit bursting in and rattling a bucket. And then giving you filthy looks when you say you don't have any money left after the twelve others who;ve been round already!

It just seems such a mess of an affair: any tosser who wants to help just makes themselves look a state, paints some spots on their face, and off they go, free to harass whoever they please. If there was any unified effort, I'd be more inclined to support it, but having to pass four hundred different slap-dash stalls or "events" just means I won't give to any of them. Fair play to those who get properly involved and do it right, and to those who support them, but it does seem like 90% of the 'helpers' are twats with no respect for peoples' choice over if they want to donate and no imagination or effort beyond PJs and a bucket.

Plus, as the others have said, I've seen much worthier charities hold much more organised events, and get no attention, so why should I feel bad for not paying some moronic student to spray his hair orange?

Honestly, I rarely give my money out these days. I have to agree with AA and DRA. There are so many charities out there, but they focus on specific group, over and over again, often playing on our emotions. Plus if I was supposed to give money to all those, who ask, I would not have the money for even my own bread! I got now used to people giving me angry looks that I am soo heartless, but really... dont care so much anymore. Plus I have serious doubts about how much money is actually used for what they were intended for. my guess would be about 10-15%. Most money raising people are actually paid and the salary is not that low, unless I am wrong. Also then the administrative staff, etc..

We are holding an auction for an organisation in a week, which trains assistant dogs for people with epilepsy etc. But it is done by us providing handmade jewellery, sometimes food, home made alcohol, photos etc and sold in a small group of people. We do it, because the training of dogs is expensive, you do get some nice items as presents for Christmas and its fun. But it is not possible to support everyone.

Oh I did actually donate to charity recently without releasing it! I was in traditonal pre Christmas market and local charity, volunteers from the Christian community, was selling there tradional sweets,which I was planning to buy there. So I did and others did too. Good exchange. I got my yummy sweets and they got my and others money without anyhow pushing onto us to get them. Thats actually a really nice way of raising money.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Its a similar reason why I don't give to charities for third world aid... How many millions, no, billions have been given, and how much has actually reached those who need it? Its the fat cats behind the wall who take their own large cut of donations and the poor are given just enough for something to show for it like a shabby school or a pump water well. I wont give my much needed money to some fat cat who spends it on another solid gold statue. The tories are bad enough for that here!

Not to even mention all the damned dispicable things the government is doing to all of us 'real' people now. The EU is going to crash and burn. It will end in another depression, forget recession! I'd rather keep what little money I have while I still am able to get it!

Amen!! I couldn't really give a crap.. And i *have* a child.

:P Odd huh?

I always donate to animal charities, i'm a vegetarian and huge animal lover :)

I'm sure that the money will help lots of children, but in what way is this now "for all doctor who fans"? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230703619118#ht_786wt_978

ShaftMaster wrote:

I'm sure that the money will help lots of children, but in what way is this now "for all doctor who fans"? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230703619118#ht_786wt_978

I'm a fan, but i'm not that much of a fan!