Clitoral hood piercing your views

I would be Interested in people's views on this.

also has anyone got any experience of clitoral hood splitting.

I do hope this is not too much for you guys !!

Please tell me if it is

I like the look of the piercing, as long as the jewelry is not too big, but that's just my preference.

Haven't heard of the splitting though I'm afraid, so no opinion on that x

My oh got hers done and loves it xx

what vch or hch horneyandkinky ??

It's kind of a 50/50 piercing to be honest. A lot if people love the look and feel and never have an issue with it but, as Amanda said, they can reject quite easily. Due to the piercer, your aftercare, body sweat and many other things.
It's best to always get a thorough check to make sure there's enough skin, room, etc.

yep but looks soo hot and is aparently good for the big O's lot of them as well !!!!

amandammmm wrote:

A friend of mine had hers done no problems, but someone she knows had it done and is left with a numb clitoris. So it's always best to get it done in a proper place and weigh up the pro's and con's.

![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif) that would be my worst nightmare! Love my clitoral orgasms a tad too much, to risk it!

A vch

Had mine done recently and I love it changed the way I think

Hello all! The lovely Cazz pointed this thread out to me as my partner is a body piercer and owns a studio in Bath - and although I've not got a piercing in this area myself (thought about it!) I can tell you a few things he has taught me:

1. A good piercing artist should never pierce your most precious bits if they think there isn't enough skin there. My OH has turned women away for not having a large enough clit hood, and he's turned men away for not having enough length for a genital piercing. He's also recommended better, more suitable piercings for their bodies though so they leave happy.

2. A clitoral hood piercing shouldn't make your clit numb as you're not actuall piercing the clitoris itself. Some people report that the increase in sensation can lead them to actually being less sensitive in this area as they become more used to the feeling of something there, but it's rare. These people can just need stronger stimulation than pre-piercing, but it shouldn't ever feel 'numb'.

3. With any piercing there's a risk of infection or splitting (if it's dragged or pulled by someone, of course it will tear!). A good piercer uses all sterile materials and should give good aftercare instructions. The clitoris is one of the fastest-healing piercings (some heal after just a week) - plus as urine is sterile it cleans the area each time you pee.

Oh I do love learning things - and you're tempting me to think about it now!!!

Hahaha you're welcome to! He'd be honoured I'm sure.

People always find it quite strange that my boyfriend sees dozens of vaginas, penises and nipples every day and I don't mind. The way I see it is that it's only work and he's a complete professional - it's not a sexual thing and I see a fair amount of genitals during a normal day too!

We're both pretty confident and relaxed about sex and our bodies because we both have to be or we wouldn't be working! Plus, he's got a more intimidating job than mine, so I seem like the tame one in the relationship... which I never thought would happen working here!!!

Oh no not for me, like mine as it is.

I keep forgetting this, but in my teens I gave myself a vertical hood piercing - it was a weird self destructive letsseehowmanyholesicanmakeinmybody kind of thing, which I would like to be clear I am no way advising asa good thing to do! I only really had anything in it for a couple of days, and didn't really enjoy 'glamming up' down there. The craziest thing of all - and im hoping someone has experience of this - but its NEVER healed!? Ive just put a stud in it now to be sure, but it must be at least 6 years since I did it? I have many other piercings in my ears/nose/tongue - some of which healed up over time - why is this area so different?

Lucy - can your husband explain this? (Sorry if im side tracking from the thread)

I had a vertical clitoral hood piercing a few years ago but took it out last when I became pregnant, just incase something happened during labour and it would have needed to come out.

I've been thinking about having it repierced as it was a favourite piercing of mine. When I did have the piercing, I used to buy small curved eyebrow bars which fit and looked just right :) x

Lucy where does you rpartner work? My partner is interested in a clit piercing and would benefit from a chat.

Brooke. wrote:

I keep forgetting this, but in my teens I gave myself a vertical hood piercing - it was a weird self destructive letsseehowmanyholesicanmakeinmybody kind of thing, which I would like to be clear I am no way advising asa good thing to do! I only really had anything in it for a couple of days, and didn't really enjoy 'glamming up' down there. The craziest thing of all - and im hoping someone has experience of this - but its NEVER healed!? Ive just put a stud in it now to be sure, but it must be at least 6 years since I did it? I have many other piercings in my ears/nose/tongue - some of which healed up over time - why is this area so different?

Lucy - can your husband explain this? (Sorry if im side tracking from the thread)

Hi Brooke. - he's actually just signing up for an account now so he can give you some advice :)

Budice wrote:

Lucy where does you rpartner work? My partner is interested in a clit piercing and would benefit from a chat.

Hi Brudice he works in Bath, Somerset!

I have a clit hood piercing had it for a number of years and get great pleasure from it would recommend

amandammmm wrote:

Ooooh is he also signing up to buy you gifts Lucy? ;)

Haha I don't think so as to be honest I would get a slightly better rate! Although he's welcome to buy me presents from any establishment of course...

Hey there folks!
Lucy pointed me to this thread so I thought I'd come and offer my services.

Let me start with a little bit of general information about Vertical and Horizontal Hood Piercings.

VCH and HCH piercings are hands down the most common female genital piercings in the world. This is due to a few reasons.

Firstly, they definitely fall under the "less painful" category, which is great, especially for people new to the sparkly world of body piercings. People more often than not assume these are going to hurt (who wouldn't!) but you're piercing through a very small, not overly sensitive bit of skin designed to protect the highly sensitive clitoris. It's a little sharp but comparable to an ear lobe piercing.

Secondly, they're an extremely fast healing piercing!
Hood piercings will generally be past the initial healing phase within 2-4 weeks. I still don't recommend changing the jewellery at this time, but you can definitely get a little hands on with it!
Also, they're a good healing piercing. They cause very little discomfort and usually don't swell much at all making it a breeze!

Thirdly, they have a use.
Let's face it, other than looking awesome piercings don't really have a use. Other than the aesthetics, the adrenaline rush and the confidence boost they give they're largely uneventful... until of course you get to genital piercings.
Although the VCH and HCH aren't the most stimulating of piercings (if this is what you're after look into a Triangle piercing) they definitely add "a little some'in some'in" to the area!
They also work as a great "you are here marker" for those new, foolish partners who are still trying to find the allusive clitoris! (But lets face it nobody on here has that problem...)

Finally... They look awesome!
Matter of opinion this one I know...

Right!
Sorry for that boring bit of background. Now, onto your questions!

Lucy answered a couple of questions very well regarding suitability, sensitivity and splitting but I'll recap quickly.

- If a piercing is unsuitable it shouldn't be done. Simple.
Sadly there are piercers out there who would rather take £XX from you rather than suggest another piercing which would suit your body.
This stands for all piercings. I've turned everything away at some point from genitals to lips to ears. Sometimes you just have to say no.
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with yours amandammmm however there will be genital piercings suitable for you if you ever want to go down that road again.

- Sensitivity can be an issue, but you won't lose it.
As Lucy said the common issue is that by having a piece of jewellery stimulate the clitoris all the time it will eventually build up a slight resistance to this feeling. This, generally, isn't an issue at all as sex is a very different type of stimulation and therefore not affected. However if it is and you decide you'd rather go back to how it was, removing the piercing generally brings you back to normal!

- Splitting / Tearing. Nobody likes this but it can happen, the same as it can in an earlobe.
The ways to avoid this are simple and something a piercer should be explaining during the process.
To start with the piercer should be doing the piercing as deep as your hood allows, This will greatly lessen the chances of splitting.
The other major factor would be jewellery size.
Most hood piercings are done at 1.6mm (14g) here in the UK however as the skin is quite thin and they are often under a fair bit of trauma (might be the wrong word ha!) this can have the "cheesewire effect".
You can stop this by either having the piercing done at a larger size (2.4mm or 3.2mm being very common) or stretching the piercing over time (which seems to be the preferred option).
The larger surface area will all but eliminate any splitting.

Onto Brooke and your everlasting VCH.
I don't know whether to call you lucky or unlucky as that depends on your taste.
Sadly all that's happened is the piercing has healed very well and not fully closed. I actually have 2 piercings on my shaft that have been out for around 6-7 years yet I can still put jewellery in them both.
It's nothing to worry about at all, just one of those things!
Personally I'd say stick some jewellery in there and enjoy it!
However, if it isn't your thing leave it out and you'll be fine.
Your other option is to have the tiny hole sewn up although this will cost a a bit. If you did want to do this let me know and I'll give you the details of someone who might be able to help!

I'm sorry that was so long, but I hope it's helped!

Mike x

p.s

http://www.broadstreetstudio.co.uk

Don't hesitate to pop in and see me!