Clothing sizing advise needed

I'm trying to get my head around clothing sizing. As some of you know I've been losing weight since the start of the year. There's no real reason for it and as far as I can tell and the doctors can I'm healthy.

Anyway I use to be a 12-14, basically ever since I was 14. So I'm still trying to get my head round smaller clothes sizing. I've tried using charts and they still don't make sense to me really so I thought maybe people on here can help. A lot of the charts vary slightly too, which doesn't help.

Anyway I've measured myself today and these are the result:

Bust: 33.5 inches

underbust just over 28 inches

waist 24 inches after eating loads today

and hips are the really tricky bit, I can never tell is you are meant to be measuring just below the bum or in the middle of the bum? just below is 32 inches and in the middle is 34.5 inches

I'm just very confused and it doesn't help that I keep buying clothing and it just doesn't fit after a short time. But I would like to work out what sizes I am right now at least as there isn't much I can wear right now.

Sounds like you have a great figure :)

According to charts, you should be:

Bottoms - 8

Tops - 8-10

I would suggest trying clothes on and getting an idea, though it does vary from shop to shop.

Good luck.

I don't really like my body right now tbh. I did like being a 12 sometimes 14 and had got a nice collection of clothes and lingerie that fitted me for years. But now I have hardly anything that fits and I purchased new bras just under a month ago and they don't fit now. I use to by a bra every few weeks as I love lingerie, but now I have none that fit me and I'm not sure if it's worth buying anymore for awhile. Same with skirts and summer dresses, I purchased a few 10-12 dresses and now they are baggy on me, even the ones that have a lot of elastic dangle a few inches away from my body and don't look right.

Also it doesn't help as I was getting a collection of nice corsets at the start of the year. I have corsets ranging from 26-24 inches and none of them fit, all hardly worn. I even have a 28 inche one that at the time was too big to waist train but I picked up for the style as it was cheap and basically sat on my body, now it just looks silly on me.

I'm guessing it'll be harder for me to get clothes due to my hight. I'm about 5'10"

So yeah I'm not liking my body at all right now and still keep losing more weight and I'm eating loads. I think once I stop losing weight I'll be happier as then I'll hopefully be able to get clothes that will fit right.

I'm going round a friends later to try on some size 8-10 clothes. There aren't many clothes shops here, but once I've tried them on round hers I'll feel better about trying them on in shops. Also I feel bad about trying clothes on that are small, because I use to try on smaller clothes in shops when the sizing was off and the shop keepers would give me that look 'there's no way in hell that'll fit you'.

Anyway sorry for my ramblings.

I'm going to look into getting some multi/ one sized lingerie as well. Though again some brands are a big no, as I know g-worlds one size lingerie is rather big.

Also does that mean I'm now down to a 32B bra size? That's tiny considering I was a 36DD/E then down to a 34D/ DD last month. Though most of the 34D/ DD bras don't fit now apart from a few wonderbras that felt a little small anyway.

You could be down to 32B, but you would have to try.

And I think you have lovely body.

You're probably down to a 32C or D - go have a fitting and check it out, as it could be almost anything and you want your bras to fit. At 5' 10" and somewhere around a size 10 you might be better looking at taller fittings. Clothes designed to look good on women aroound 5' 3" (the normal baseline for manufacturing, I understand) are probably not helping with your current disappointment with your body size/shape. Being a man who wears women's clothes sometimes, I can vouch for the difference in clothes designed for you real height. I love taller women, especially in heels. I don't care how they tower over me, they're just fantastic!

Usually cloths are made for different heights. I actually see distinguishing like short (would fit a woman of the 5´3´´´), normal (that usually fits mine 5´7´´), long (that may be what Nymphomaniac will be after) or something like that on trousers in some shops. It is pretty common these days to have the various lenght of at least trousers. Never had much problems with skirts so far, but I am size 14-16.

ok. I'me wondering if it'll be worth me getting one of the bra grab bags in a size 32b and trying it on? I think I can send it back if the size is wrong? There's not really any bra shops round here.

Thanks Laveila. Yeah I never use to have problems with skirts, I like wearing skirts and had a few that would easily fit me from being a large 14 to a small 12, now they don't... They were really handy when my weight changed slightly due to xmas or similar.

It maybe worth you going to a bigger department store as their lingerie department will measure exactly and tell you your exact bra size.

Like you Ive bounced up and down in size for years and I regularly went to a local large store; I even tried La Senza and they will measure you if you ask, they will fit you perfectly. Then they will advise your dress and skirt size too.

Trouble is as you say the huge sizing differences between brands, but at least youl get a rough idea.

Blondii wrote:

Trouble is as you say the huge sizing differences between brands, but at least youl get a rough idea.

This is a pain in the arse! My jeans are an 8 and my running shorts are a 16, and I wear both on a regular basis...

Yeah, you need to make sure your bra size is just right as it will help to get all your clothes to look good on you. If you can arrange a trip to your nearest lingerie department that does fitting it'd be worth it. I know it's a bummer when you're changing size and shape, but that's when you most need the help. And you can pick up enough tips from a good fitter to help you fit yourself if you have to send off for lingerie later. You have a lot of womanhood tied up in youtr tits - it'd be a shame not to do the best you can for your bust.

I really can sympathise with sizing honestly.

I found fitters at Debenhams and Chads and they are a whizz with the tape measure, you dont have to worry about showing them your lumps and bumps as they simply look at you, push and pull you a bit, but then omg its worth it, you feel amazing once you are held firmly into a comfortable but sexy well-made bra.

It was a complete surprise to what she said I was to what i thought I was. I had been wearing 36C bra's where i should have been in 34DD.

They say that 90% of women are wearing the wrong size bra for them.

I still haven't gotten round to trying clothes on so am going to order a few things online in different sizes.

I'm slightly miffed with one of my lovers who offered to pay for a boob job because it's not right for me to have small boobs... he actually seemed like he was panicing about it almost like it was the end of the world... It's nice in some ways that someone would pay for me to have one, but I would prefer the money to be spent on something better. I also don't think it's overly great that he feels I need to have big boobs. Anyway I probably won't ever get a boob job, just thought it was random to be offered one.

No, I wouldn't go there (I think) and I certainly wouldn't go there just because my partner was missing something I used to have which has diminished. I'm sure you're perfectly lovely as you are even if it's not the same as it used to be. If you decide to ave your boobs done, that's another matter altogether.

Be careful of bra sizes, my measurements tell me I should be a certain size, however what fits me is 2 back sizes down and 3-4 cup sizes up.

I don't believe you have gone from a DD to a B or a C. perhaps a D.

Ok I went clothes shopping today. Fitted clothes ended up being a 10 with a little room to spare, non-fitted clothes were 8 some even under. Was unable to try any jeans as every where had sold out due to sales, but work trousers were ranging from 8-10 depending on how fitted they were.

And it does seem that I am now a 32B in bras, tried on a few cheap bras and a few brand bras... I guess I'm going to box up all my old bras tomorrow, not sure I could part with them. I see to own around 90 bras I can't wear and 2 that I can wear, kind of sucks, doubt I'll buy many bras again just in case.

Also I went to the doctors and my BMI is now underweight, but my doctor said that this doesn't count for athelets, which apparently I'm classed as with how much exercise I do in a day. It's all very confusing.

But I'm happy now that I have a few sets of clothes that fit, and I don't have to wear things that make me look 12.

Glad you found some clothes to fit.

Real shame about all your bras.

Hope you put on some more weight soon.

MM xx

I need to get my boobs measured again. I'm currently wearing a 38E/F but I'm pretty sure that's not the right size for me any more.

The clothes in my wardrobe range from size 12-22, and it all fits. How is anyone supposed to know what size they really are when I can say that?

I completely agree with you Ecksvie, it's really tricky. I did have a nice collection ranging from 10-16, though the 10s already in my wardrobe are too big for me now.

I'm now on a hunt of a new pair of pvc, and a pair of leather trousers... I spent years finding a nice pair and now I have to find a new pair.

MM even though it'll be good in some ways for me to gain weight I doubt it'll happen. My doctor thinks I will keep losing weight tbh as I do so much exercise. I've always done a lot but after years it seems to be affecting my body. Now even though I'm finding this annoying when buying clothes, there is one good thing about it... I should become a better runner who's faster. I could lose about another 5kg before really worrying, I think, after checking out long distance runner stats. Anyway trying to think of something good about it :/ Though I will keep going back for check ups and things as it is still scary.

Maybe in 20 years time or less, I'll fit back into my bras ^_^ most have only been worn once or twice, I just use to really enjoy buying a new bra every few weeks.... it was my treat, rather than chocolate or beer, or similar.

Would it be worth eating more or excersing a little bit less? You don't want to be too underweight.

I am sure you will sort yourself out in time :) Hope your bras fit sooner than that though!