Cock ring measurements... I'm perplexed

Been using cock rings for a few years now, and all this talk of steel cock ring has had me very intrigued.

With no wiggle room with steel rings, I’ve read that for a cock and ball ring, i need to measure myself with a string. Wrap it around the business, take your markers, remove, measure, and hey presto, you have the required size.

Measured myself (soft), circumference of 21cm/8.25" circumference. Divide by pi to find a relevant diameter, 6.7cm/ 2.6".

Such a cock ring doesnt seem to exist?
I’m in no way huge (i think!), perhaps just above average length and girth.
My assumption is that I’m not doing this right cos i read of people using the lovehoney dominix steel ring around both balls and cock, with the largest being listed at 1.9". Ive been wondering how people would pass through a rigid ring for a while… i have quite close to 1.75" in silicone, and i dont think i could pass all of my junk through it if rigid… but i havent tried as they extend.

That one isn’t very extendable either, and that ring is too tight and uncomfortable.

I have a 1.6" ring that slightly more extendable that i prefer there.

Any advice and sizing experience tips welcome!!!

3 Likes

Pretty sure my fav ring is 42mm internal dia. its a two part ring that has two bolts that hold it together, not sold here

I use a 50mm 24/7
I take it off daily for showering. I first.put one testicle through then the other then sort of squish my penis in towards my pelvis and through. Hope that kind of makes sense.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve seen thay design somewhere.

Did your measure yourself with a string or something without the ring?

If so, is the measurement near the 42mm of your ring?

1 Like

I do wonder.

Did you measure yourself too out of curiosity? How did you get to the 50mm ring? Lucky try or trial and error?

1 Like

Measuring for a cock ring also baffles me to the max :sweat_smile:

You don’t really need to with silicone rings, but finding the right size with steel rings is important. Either you find the size by yourself, or you pay £20/25 to try a size.

A piece of string is cheaper (especially for me if my measurement means i cant find a ring to fit!).

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp and @Lovehoney_Brenna , can LH make a sizing guide for all of these things?

If we can do it with everything else, why does this need to be an expensive and painful process?

I permanently wear 45mm I.D. Stainless Steel rings for a looser fit but I have a tendency to pop out of those if I wear tight underwear.

40mm I.D. rings are harder to get on and can be a bit uncomfortable if I’m erect for a long time but they stay in place better.

Silicone rings do sound more safer to me as I often worry if a metal one could give risk of damage

Um, you might want to try measuring again. Either you measured wrong or you should be looking at a world record for the girthiest soft penis! :sweat_smile::exploding_head: If you’ve measured correctly then your soft penis is the size of my fist and I’m guessing you grow when hard so would be even bigger. Try using a piece of string wrapped around the base of your penis, make a mark where the string meets and then use a ruler to measure the string.

Edit to add interesting stats: Apparently anything over 6.8 inches in girth (errect) is is the 99.999 percentile!

2 Likes

:scream: I am just over 6.5" when erect but I am roughly the same in length!

I guess my “soup can” nickname is appropriate… :yum:

I did mention i was measuring for a cock and ball ring, so the measurement isn’t for my penis alone, its behind my balls to over the top of the penis. That’s how i hope to use such a ring. :+1:Penis circumference is just over 5.5" if that puts your mind to rest and stops you worrying about the well being of my wife. :rofl:

I’m not big really, which is why the ball + penis measurement surprised me.
I know my currently comfy silicone ring tightens it a bit there, even though it stretches a bit, so might be worth measuring again with the silicone ring on.

2 Likes

:rofl: Haha, sorry, I completely missed that little detail. And yes, I had the most ridiculous image of you with a giant monster penis and did think of your wife’s well being too!

1 Like

I really wanted to get a stainless steel cock ring for my husband because he always wears a cock ring when we’re having sex, but he’s terrified of it getting stuck or being too tight, so planning to just stick with the stretchy ones for now :smiling_face_with_tear:

@JustAnotherPervert Hope you find something that works for you!

2 Likes

Think you have just measured inaccurately.

LH used to do a cheap pack of three metal rings going up to 50mm.

Your 1.6" flexible ring is only 40mm diameter so sounds like a 45mm ring would be fine, remember you put the solid ones on when soft. Just try it on your own when it is easy to get ‘soft’ and see if it has the effect you want without pain

2 Likes

Google two part cock ring i cant post a link but if you look carefully youll find the type i keep mentioning thats in two parts that are held together with a bolt no worries about getting stuck.

1 Like

I did wonder and remeasured. (Around both balls and cock)
20cm.

Fitting my comfy silicone cock ring, with string tucked in under ring, 17cm flacid, 18.5cm erect.

I found a guide online recommending 50mm ring for circumference range betweeen 16 and 18cm.

Just ordered a 52.5mm ring, so will see, and will update this thread at later date in case people find the info useful in future.

A real shame Lovehoney dont provide any info on basic sizing for steel rings, as many competitors do.

2 Likes

Just to make sure I understand, the balls shouldn’t come into the measurement at all.
You measure behind them for the ring.
I suppose if you are happy with a stretchy ring, why change?
LH used to have a guide online for the measuring.

Indeed, measurement taken behind the balls.

Why change? I’m happy with my trusty stretchy ring, but dont discount being happier with non stretchy shiny ring. :rofl:

And I’ve got all the vibes my wife likes, so got to look out for myself now, otherwise my sex toy buying habit will become a thing of the past. :rofl: