Compatible to store together?

Hey,

My next purchase is going to consist of some begginers anal toys, including:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16726

&

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2219

They are both made out of skin safe rubber, does this mean I can safely store them in the same LH drawstring bag?

Thanks guys xx

Hi CVR, you really should try to store all your sex toys separately, as certain materials can cause damage to other toys. Here is a LH guide to storage which also includes a video :) xx

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/buyers-guide/sex-toy-storage/

Noooo, nope. You can only store toys made out of non-porous materials together such as silicone, metal or glass. Rubber and jelly type materials will most likely melt if you keep them in the same bag as the material will react and become sticky.

I looked on there but i cant see where it says if the same material can be stored together, or everything seperate?

Oh okay thanks PinkPolkadot! I was unsure.... I would like to store glass together thou incase it chips?

x

Oh right yeah, but I meant safety wise - glass is non-porous, chemical free and completely body safe so won't react with anything. And I've had glass clank against glass and they didn't break, but you should be careful.

If you're set on buying toys made out of those jelly type materials make sure you wash them thoroughly before and after each use, make sure they're stored correctly and if you see any changes to the material at all - get rid of them! I'd strongly suggest you buy something made out of silicone instead but I understand some people are on a tight budget so make sure you're careful because these materials aren't the best for your body.

You can store glass together but becareful of it chipping, I have mine all stored in the same box but in seperate storage bags I've never had a problem with any of them.

As PPD said don't store the other items together! At all, or with any of your other sex toys.

Personally I wouldn't have Jelly or Rubber anywhere near any of my orifices and I really wouldn't store it with any of my toys.

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

Oh right yeah, but I meant safety wise - glass is non-porous, chemical free and completely body safe so won't react with anything. And I've had glass clank against glass and they didn't break, but you should be careful.

If you're set on buying toys made out of those jelly type materials make sure you wash them thoroughly before and after each use, make sure they're stored correctly and if you see any changes to the material at all - get rid of them! I'd strongly suggest you buy something made out of silicone instead but I understand some people are on a tight budget so make sure you're careful because these materials aren't the best for your body.

+1, personally not only washing them I'd also put a condom on them too. They're not the best materials for your body at all. x

Why are they not good for you? surely they are approved to be sold on these sites?

I am looking for a flexible anal toy? Which is why I am interested in skin safe rubber?

Any other suggestions?

I have had a look at this which looks good and made of silicone, but its more than twice the price and im on a student budget/in debt haha, never the less i will still buy off LH! #problems

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=24132

Unlike other sex toy materials, skin-safe rubber has not undergone the same softening processes that fill it with phthalates. As well as being free of phthalates, skin-safe rubber is free from latex and is completely non-porous, so it's ultra easy to clean! By those in the know, it is also called TPE/TPR (thermoplastic elastomer/rubber).

I also spoke to LH contact centre and aparently LH state that jelly rubber needs to be udes with a condom covering as some people have an allergy to phthalates, if you are not allergic to this than a covering is not required and the matieral is not harmful.

Skin safe rubber does not contain phthalates or latex therefore no condom covering is needed and the material is not harmful to the body in any way

x

CVR92 wrote:

Unlike other sex toy materials, skin-safe rubber has not undergone the same softening processes that fill it with phthalates. As well as being free of phthalates, skin-safe rubber is free from latex and is completely non-porous, so it's ultra easy to clean! By those in the know, it is also called TPE/TPR (thermoplastic elastomer/rubber).

Where are you getting this info from? Most people don't realise that the industry is completely unregulated. These toys are so cheap because they're dangerous, why do you think they smell so bad - it's the chemicals breaking down and leaching out of the toy. Doc Johnson are known for using questionable materials, and anything that smells is NOT good. That's why I said I understand why people buy toys like that, in a way.

Pure silicone, glass, metal, wood (if it has a proper finish) don't have any smell at all and if you can dish out a bit more, you probably should because you get quality for your money. I will always, ALWAYS recommend Tantus because their silicone is 100% pure and completely safe. I keep their dildos in a drawer, all touching and they're completely fine.

I can link you to many, many pages with information on this but this is probably the best one http://dangerouslilly.com/toxictoys/ - if you take a look, there is a section TPE/TPR. Sex bloggers actually do care about what people put inside their bodies so they work hard to write articles like this. If you have any more questions I'd recommend contacting the author of the blog, Lilly, because she can tell you so much more about this than I can.

CVR92 wrote:

I also spoke to LH contact centre and aparently LH state that jelly rubber needs to be udes with a condom covering as some people have an allergy to phthalates, if you are not allergic to this than a covering is not required and the matieral is not harmful.

Skin safe rubber does not contain phthalates or latex therefore no condom covering is needed and the material is not harmful to the body in any way

x

Phthalates are chemicals, it's not a case of being allergic or not - it's a case of being safe if you don't want chemicals leaching into your body.

But it's your choice, many things contain chemicals; make up, hair products etc. I just thought you should be aware of the issue so you can make an informed decision.

That's my personal opinion of them CVR.

Although TPE/TPR are classed as Skin Safe Rubber, they still have smaller pores so they are porous and because of that the surface itself can only be cleaned. Meaning they have tons of nasty stuff in them, and when tests have been done on some even though it says it doesn't contain phthalates since they're not being regulated you don't know 100%

Yes some people are allergic to phthalates, however if you google phthalates you'll see that they've been banned in the making of childrens toys, this is due to the the chemicals inside them and the hazards they can cause inside of the body. So even though as far as I'm aware I'm not allergic to them; I, myself personally would not use them inside of my body.

The sex toy industry is not regulated at all! And they can call them 'Skin safe' but unless you have a lab at home you can't check to see the chemicals that are actually inside the toys themselves which is why I reccommended using a condom with them.

You can do a search for Dangerous Lilly's blog and on there she has a jar of toys that have basically broken down to their chemical compounds it is basically liquid gooey form, from just being inside a jar. The bad smell on some of the toys is the chemicals in them.

I personally use Glass, Metal and 100% silicone.

I wasn't trying to have a go at you in regards to what I said about the condom or anything else, so I am sorry if it came accross that way. I was just putting accross my personal opinion of them. x

I got my information from the choosing materials section on LH help pages. I also spoke to the LH contact centre on live chat... surely it cant be sold if it isnt safe, and LH would be false advertising saying that it is totally non pourous?

AM I allowed to post outside links here? If not, remove me.

"skin safe rubber" and TPR and not the same thing. "skin safe rubber" is a LH term. I do not believe that it is true and accurate, personally.

TPR is NOT considered non-porous. At all. I've seen it take on dyes that silicone wouldn't, I've seen it MOLD. GROW MOLD, mold that was harbored into the pores, not just on the surface.

Pure silicone, glass, metal, ceramic and hard ABS plastic are all chemically stable materials - inert - and will not degrade or "melt" when stored together. Everything else, though, is chemically unstable. From jelly to elastomer and every other weird name in between. This is what happens when the cheap crap lives together: http://dangerouslilly.com/2013/09/melted-sex-toys/

As others have said, there is no "allergy" to phthalates - it's a chemical that can burn you, amongst other unsavory side effects. There is a lot of chemicals found in low-quality sex toys that are toxic: http://dangerouslilly.com/2010/10/yes-jelly-sex-toys-can-be-dangerous/

There is no evidence that a condom can help protect you from the chemicals in low-quality materials or protect the materials from harboring bacteria from fecal matter, fungus, mold, etc. The material WILL begin to break down and WILL release the nasties it's been harboring.

No not at all. LH are not false advertising anything. If a company says that the item is 'Skin safe' or is non pourous then it's not LH doing any advertising, they go by what the company says - They supply items made from other companies.

So under no circumstances at all am I saying that LH is false advertising they use information that they've been given by the companies that make the items.

CVR92 wrote:

I got my information from the choosing materials section on LH help pages. I also spoke to the LH contact centre on live chat... surely it cant be sold if it isnt safe, and LH would be false advertising saying that it is totally non pourous?

Probably because they get the information straight from the manufacturers, who aren't required to be honest. So no, they're not false advertising - they don't have a lab to check every single toy they sell. And people buy these toys, there IS a demand for them, so they sell.

I've told you all I know, I love Lovehoney and think they're an amazing company but I just wanted you to be aware. You can make your own decision, whether you want to believe me or not.

iv read your links and thanks for warning me, silicone seems like the safest bet but I cant aford it so i will have to go without a toy for the time being... damn! Would i guys mind if i ask ur advice in future purchases?