Cosmetics

Hey Guys

I can see some of you love :heart: pretty nails :nail_care: so I wondered who’s into cosmetics?

From your go to creams to your favourite lippy I want to know.

I am cosmetic mad! And love the products I use including my make up brushes.

So what’s the products you swear by or can’t live without? What’s your make up routine? Do you use a certain cream you love? I want to know!

2 Likes

The only product I consistently buy is the Urban Decay Perversion eyeliner. I used to always buy Double Wear but I’ve gone off it a bit recently :joy:

2 Likes

I used to love Mac but since they started selling in China again and in China it’s required by law to test on animals I stopped buying their products.

I love urban decay but they are expensive so I tend to stick to boots no7 which are cruelty free.

I’ve never worn a lot though, can’t stand the feeling of it caked on, so I’ll wear sheer foundation, setting powder, eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss or a nude lipstick.

6 Likes

Have you used the cream eyeliner in the pot?

I’m a big Maybelline Fan. I’ve tried nearly every 24hr stay foundation and the best I’ve used is the Maybelline 24hr stay full coverage foundation (in the square bottle not rounded) it can look quite cakey so I have recently started using their Dream Satin Foundation and it’s fantastic. Blends really well!

I also use Maybelline Superstay Matte Lipstick. Really stays on the lips. Doesn’t transfer but I do rent to put a lip balm on top {either Burts Bees or O’Keefes because there’s nothing worse than crusty matte lips lol)

I use Revolution on my eyelids and again Maybelline Mascara (there’s a few I like)

I use The Body Shop Bronzer and Highlighter on my cheeks (they have discontinued the Highlighter :sob:) and also The body Shop Eyebrow Gel.

Do you have a Skin Care Routine?

2 Likes

@EmmaC1989 I find setting powder really dries my skin out. I’ve tried translucent powder, setting powder I just can’t get on with it.

I used one from a different brand a long time ago, couldn’t seem to get on with it. Although it could have improved since I last used it.

I have a fairly good skincare routine, I just don’t stick to it haha! Generally a creamy cleanser, a softer exfoliator (so I can use it more often without sanding off my face), toner (or witch hazel in a push), then whatever moisturiser I have lying around. More often than not though it is just Micellar water and sleep :joy:

No.7 is brilliant, I used to use the mascara for years!

1 Like

I’m a morning and night moisturiser type of guy day cream in morning and night cream at bed time usually put a face mask on too every few weeks. And I still look old!!! The down side of smoking I guess

1 Like

Yeah I do try and cleanse tone and moisturise every night and use an exfoliating face wash every 2 days. I like a Vitamin C Microdermabrasion face wash Seaweed or Tea Tree exfoliating face wash depending on the time of the month lol.
I have actually never tried No 7. I don’t tend to shop in Boots so never really caught my eye.

@Chosen-one don’t I know it! Stress and smoking has aged me 10 years in just over 12 months! :older_adult: What cream do you use? Is it a day and night cream or the same one?
What Facemasks do you like?

1 Like

Different day and night ones I Mix the brands up a bit too
I have a green clay mask that dries so tight you can’t speak or smile :smiley:

2 Likes

Not heard of that one.

Do you use lip balms? There are ranges designed just for men. Personally I don’t know why but I’ve just ordered a gnarly Joe lip balm. I get really dry lips and the only ones that seem to work for me are either The Body Shop Hemp Lip Balm or O’Keefes cooling relief lip repair ( which I’ve seen are recommended for men but not women)
Have you ever used Gnarly Joe?

1 Like

Only moisture creams and masks
The brand is NuSkin

1 Like

I love makeup and have way too much of it, I don’t always wear it and when I do I don’t really have a set routine. I do have products that are regular or very frequent use though, like nars radiant foundation is usually a go to, mililani eye primer, urban decay rockstar eyeliner(dark purple) and I frequently wear a red lip usually on the deeper end of the color family.

Skincare is more set I use purity simple for my face cleanser, occasional a face mask like glam glow and the olay retinol face and eye cream, simple olay serum and during the day I’ll do a regenerist that has a spf25 in it.

2 Likes

Oooh I love this thread! Where to start…

I think my most non-negotiable is my mascara - Kiko Luxurious Lashes Maxi Volume Brush Mascara. Big fan of Revolution eye shadows too. Everyday lipstick is just a nude wet n wild!

Skincare wise I love “The Ordinary” as a brand. Mica Vita-C exfoliating peeling gel is also mind blowing. I have a Skincare routine but it’s very rare I actually stick to it :joy:

2 Likes

Epic brand. I use their retinoids and marula oil. At the moment I’m also using a vitamin E moisturiser from a high street store.

I always wear make-up (in fact, I look a bit like death warmed up without it). I haven’t bothered with foundation much recently, but always use Revlon concealer, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder, blusher, Rimmel Exaggerate eyeliner, No7 Stay Perfect mascara (gold tube) and I love a good strong lipstick - usually a bright red or a bright pink Estee Lauder.

I use shea butter and a damp facecloth to cleanse - it’s simple but effective moisture and exfoliation.

2 Likes

Oh wow. Just suddenly did a little girl excited scream.

@Chosen-one I’ll have a look at Nuskin

@Justthe2ofus2007 I used to be the same honey I’ve had my confidence crushed this year. Got called an 80s throwback and a drag queen. So it’s not been long since I’ve started putting it on again.

@Enchantress29 have you ever seen the cosmetic boxes? I have 2 of those full of cosmetics lol. My ex is a mechanic. He once said to me “you keep buying makeup but you have loads” my response " you keep buying tools but you have loads of those" :joy: I like my dark red lippy if I’m going out. I usually wear pinky nude in the daytime

@SexInTheCity ** I love KIKO** I used to wear their second skin foundation. It was lovely. Not heard of Wet and Wild but will definitely check it out! I’m a pinky nude lover. Is it long lasting? Io use a Drops of Youth or Vit C peeling gel from the body shop. How good are they?!

@MsR @SexInTheCity The Ordinary?? Where have I been?! I’ve stopped using fake tan and everything so I don’t even look like death warmed up anymore… Just a corpse :face_with_hand_over_mouth::scream: Pure Shea Butter is absolutely fantastic and has multiple uses! I have a pouch and have used it as a lip balm, hair mask and moisturizer

3 Likes

https://theordinary.deciem.com/default?gclid=Cj0KCQjw28T8BRDbARIsAEOMBcxVadvLRfkmDB5OjSTpV0Ckbbi8_tcmvTe1JXHQmXZoZja-9EHSO80aAmd7EALw_wcB&ccvis=1

1 Like

@MsR I genuinely felt like I was trying to read some sort of chemistry wording. That has completely confused me.

1 Like

I’m easily confused by chemistry wording too, but it is basically a range of skincare products pared back to the ingredients which actually work - the packaging is quite clinical to reflect this, but so is the pricing - no added extras make things cheaper and also better for sensitive skin.
Try something - see if you like it?

1 Like

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming: Blushing as the only bloke in here :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

@MsR I should change my profile name to manscape and moisturiser :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes