Cosmetics

Mrs CO loves kiko millano products

1 Like

Yeah im definitely going to try it. I love trying new things. I usually use 1 brand for about 6month to a year then change it up. I’m definitely due in trying something new.

@Chosen-one it would be great to see more men telling us if they have a routine. Not just Shit, Shower and a Shave ( note to mod this is a Yorkshire saying)

3 Likes

She need to get on this thread!

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with a man who takes care of his skin. I know men who use facewash and not just soap. Soap is actually really bad to use on your face. It’s very damaging

1 Like

If you like the look of the stuff there’s an option on the website for a free skin consultation type thing. You can send them information about your main skin worries and upload photos and they will advise you what products/regimen they recommend for you for free :blush: Considering the quality of the product it is so unbelievably cheap! I’ve been using them for years and have nothing but good words to say!

2 Likes

Great thanks for your advice. I’ll have a look tonight.

1 Like

Excellent, I use Aldi Lacura body lotion on my face rather than soap.

2 Likes

To make sure @Chosen-one isn’t alone, i never use aftershave only a moisturiser after shaving and have pretty young looking facial skin. I also use lip balm a few times a day, especially at work because of working in the cold a lot, plus i like to keep my lips kissing ready! :wink:
I just bog standard lip balm usually flavoured after retro sweets like Swizzles, Refreshers or Tango pop, or the usual cherry, cola or strawberry! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Cheers for the back up buddy @WillC

2 Likes

You’re welcome! :wink:

2 Likes

I use that when and if I shave my legs - great stuff.

1 Like

Re: The Ordinary range of skincare.
So many brands make unsubstantiated claims, and the industry isn’t regulated.
‘Dermatologically tested’, ‘natural ingredients’, ‘contains cucumber’ etc doesn’t mean a thing.
Much better to educate oneself about the contents of beauty products and what might have an active effect and to then decide which brands to buy.
Since reading up a bit I go straight to the list of ingredients on the back of the bottle, rather than the claims made on the front.

3 Likes

At school we made moisturiser in Chemistry, we were told that even the expensive stuff contains the same base ingredients.

1 Like

@WillC I think that is right - I had a friend who did a tour of a factory which made creams for a variety of brands, all the same base, just different fragrances etc.
Obviously some oils etc are not good for skin or the environment and some are better, and some companies test on animals and others don’t, so it isn’t easy to navigate.
But I would still learn about the ingredients rather than go by the claims made on the front of a pot of anything.

4 Likes

I love this stuff :heart_eyes: I find any excuse to wear it :joy:

1 Like

They are brilliant aren’t they? What colours do you have. My daytime ones are 05 loyalist and 10 dreaner. I’m actually mixing them together ATM and the shade is beautiful. My sexy time colour is 20 Pioneer I do have 3 others I think one is called driver?? Not sure they are in my make up case lol.
@MsR what ingredients am I looking for?

Voyager and escapist are the two I have I think (don’t have them with me atm so can’t double check!)- dark red and a deep purple :heart_eyes:. I got them from a sale bin in Tesco, I’m glad I took the time to look through the total havoc of burst glitter and exploded foundation to spot them :joy: total bargain

1 Like

Aww brill. I Love the deep purple one! Yeah £10 each :open_mouth: I only buy on 3 for 2 haha xx

@Orgasm_Chaser Yes I have, if you’ve ever seen the alex draws the 9 draw ones in almost any beauty guru on YouTube’s video I have 2 of those and a long desk with two draws full. I change it up and wear different ones daily but very frequently it’s a red even during the day.

1 Like

I don’t use make-up a lot. I do sometimes use stuff on my skin, and that is one of a number of products from Bare Minerals. They are cruelty free and pretty crap free too. I have sensitive skin and this stuff helps rather than hinders my skin.

https://www.bareminerals.co.uk/about-us.html

For moisturisers, I use Beauty Kitchen Fragrance-Free stuff. Similarly, they work with my skin.

5 Likes

My wife, shortly after the menopause, began to develop Rosacia and teenage acne. She was advised to try Bare Minerals and has used their products ever since. If she’s looking for statement eye shadow colour she uses Urban Decay.

1 Like